Another UConn commit earns all-state honors | The Boneyard

Another UConn commit earns all-state honors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Jim Fulller...

Another UConn commit earns all-state honors

Kyle Schafenacker, a Connecticut commit who was the starting left tackle on a St. Thomas Aquinas team which won Florida's 7A title, was named to the FHSAA 7A first-team All-State team.

Schafenacker, who also carries a 4.0 grade-point average, helped the Saints set a Florida championship record with 604 yards of total offense in a 41-25 win over Tallahassee Lincoln in the 7A championship game. In the semifinals St. Thomas Aquinas upset Bradenton's Manatee High, who entered the game as the No. 1 ranked team in the nation, 35-18.

Also, UConn commit Matt Walsh us one of three finalists for the Walter Camp high school player of the year.

Walsh played linebacker and was a short-yardage back as a senior for the Class L champion Hand of Madison team.

Xavier quarterback and Boston College commit Tim Boyle and Ansonia running back Arkeel Newsome are the other finalists. The winner will be announced on Jan. 12.

Jim Fuller at 9:36 PM

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/01/another-uconn-commit-earns-all-state.html?m=1

Reaction Score
IMO Boyle has no business being in the same discussion with Walsh and Newsome.

Reaction Score
Very stoked about Kyle joining the program. !! Looking forward to seeing what he can do !

Reaction Score
IMO Boyle has no business being in the same discussion with Walsh and Newsome.
Personally, I thought Newsome should've won it last year!
But, I think Milone should've won it this year.

Reaction Score
Personally, I thought Newsome should've won it last year!
But, I think Milone should've won it this year.

I'm a former Xavier graduate, but Boyle hasn't done nearly close to what Walsh and Newsome have done for their teams. Walsh is a two impact player, and a main reason Hand knocked off Xavier. It's also hard to discount what Newsome has done the last two years on the ground for Ansonia.

Reaction Score
I agree on Boyle. He wasn't even the best QB in his own conference and was held in check during the biggest game of his season (Hand). If you look at what Bilcheck did, it's hard to argue he wasn't a better candidate. I think he was just as important, if not more so, then Walsh. Walsh also had Gershon, who was a terror. Newsome had a great season, but wasn't fully healthy until later in the season. I also though Milone, Frucasiante (WR/Staples), Basil (QB/North Branford) and Matos (WR/Ansonia) were viable candidates. If I had a vote it would have gone to Bilcheck. Even though he threw double digit INTs, he meant more to his team and beat Boyle head-to-head @ Xavier. Boyle had four games (Hamden, Hand, Amity, and Hillhouse) where he completed under 50%, Bilcheck had one (Hillhouse).

Boyle vs. Bilcheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01