Another time killer while we wait. Comic strips. | The Boneyard

Another time killer while we wait. Comic strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What are your own personal favorite comic strips of all time? I will nominte (not necessarily in order of preference);
Li'l Abner
Pogo
The Katzenjammer Kids
Peanuts
Calvin and Hobbes

I was also fond of Smokey Stover, Smilin' Jack, Winnie Winkle, Thimble Theater, Krazy Kat, Bloom County and many others. The floor is now open.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
No, no, no!! I am asking for comic strips, not comic books or one panel cartoons. I too like Far Side and Kliban and Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman, but none of these are strips.

Reaction Score
No, no, no!! I am asking for comic strips, not comic books or one panel cartoons. I too like Far Side and Kliban and Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman, but none of these are strips.
Oh, sorry,
Is Garfield comic strip?

Reaction Score
Garfield
Tundra (I wish my paper carried it daily instead of just Sundays )
Family Circus
Far Side
Peanuts
Prince Valiant

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
The Far Side appeared on comics pages in newspapers -- that would seem to qualify it as a "comic strip."

My favorites:

Peanuts
Calvin and Hobbes
The Far Side
Bloom County
Pearls Before Swine

Reaction Score
Pogo
Bloom County/ Opus (Runs on Facebook not newspapers now)
Doonesbury
Krazy Kat
Hal Foster's Prince Valiant
Terry and the Pirates

Reaction Score
Calvin and Hobbes
Doonesbury
The Far Side
Pearls Before Swine
Get Fuzzy -- arguably the best description of the French National Anthem vs. the Japanese National Anthem ever.
Someone mentioned Bloom County -- Haven't thought about that one in years, but Yes! Count me in on that one, too.

Reaction Score
What are your own personal favorite comic strips of all time? I will nominte (not necessarily in order of preference);
Li'l Abner
Pogo
The Katzenjammer Kids
Peanuts
Calvin and Hobbes

I was also fond of Smokey Stover, Smilin' Jack, Winnie Winkle, Thimble Theater, Krazy Kat, Bloom County and many others. The floor is now open.

Good list. I would add Far Side and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Apartment 3G
Mary Worth
Mark Trail

All episodic and ostensibly dramatic but with plots that are absolutely nutty (though unintentionally so). Best when accompanied by the excellent "Comics Curmudgeon" blog.

Of intentionally funny strips, I tend to gravitae towards the classics like Blondie and Garfield.

Reaction Score
Doonesbury, before he retired, and when he was still very funny. Or maybe the times are no longer funny.....

Reaction Score
Doonesbury is still my favorite, but I have a solid affection for the round-foot comics of Hägar the Horrible and Hi and Lois done by my old friends Chris and Chance. Keep up the good work guys! :)

Reaction Score
For the record, Gary Trudeau still produces a very topical comic strip every Sunday. One would love it if one opposes the Trump candidacy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom