Another recruit making second visit | The Boneyard

Another recruit making second visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Re: recruiting, any word on Kalani Brown, the 6-6 center from Texas? Just askin.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The linked article reports that her dad, Scott, said that Erin has scholarship offers from 22 of the top 25 wcbb teams. Also that she will soon visit Duke, Stanford and Tennessee. (This may suggest who are among the "finalists" on her list.)

She looks like the real deal. I hope we get her.

I also hope she has been watching ESPN a lot lately.;)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Nice! Between her uniform number and her offensive moves, she reminds me a little of Kayla McBride.

If she bears any resemblance to Kayla McBride, Geno would surely take her in a *New York Minute.

* For those unfamiliar with this term, a "NY Minute" is defined as that incredibly brief passage of time between the moment when the light turns green and the guy behind you honks his horn.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Vague rumors claim UConn & LSU lead for Kalani Brown but nothing can be substantiated. The preferences of teenagers change like the wind.
I must confess I am somewhat puzzled about her recruitment. Since a home visit last September the silence has been deafening. I don't think she has visited Storrs nor can I recall any of the coaches going to watch her play last season. Perhaps Cat can shed some light as she seems to follow this stuff quite closely. I just wonder if Geno has backed off for some reason.

Reaction Score
She looks very good to me based on those highlights (almost reminiscent of Kayla Pedersen?). From what I could tell, she doesn't seem tremendously athletic (although it's obviously hard to get a good sense from 2 minutes of highlight reel), which could explain why she's not ranked even higher but if she's a good passer, in our system, that won't matter.

Has anyone seen her play in person?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting video - seems pretty confident ball handler and has nice moves around the basket as well as range.
I find the new change with official visits allowed in the spring interesting. I understand the desire to get a jump on the process and that a lot of kids commit in this time frame, but you are only meeting potential teammates that will be two years ahead of you. With fall visits or even early summer session visits you will be meeting most or all the players in the immediate class in front of you. I know these kids all meet at tournaments and some play for the same AAU programs, but ...

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's a real pony tail though, or if she just ties her hair in low behind her neck.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
She looks very good to me based on those highlights (almost reminiscent of Kayla Pedersen?). From what I could tell, she doesn't seem tremendously athletic (although it's obviously hard to get a good sense from 2 minutes of highlight reel), which could explain why she's not ranked even higher but if she's a good passer, in our system, that won't matter.

Has anyone seen her play in person?

I was thinking Anne Strother type game. She looks to have a bit sturdier build (she's only in highschool still).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Re: recruiting, any word on Kalani Brown, the 6-6 center from Texas? Just askin.

I thought she was from Louisiana. And Hoopgurlz has her listed as 6-4.

McCowan is 6-7 and from Texas. I don't know that UCONN has shown any interest in her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While highlights can be deceiving I like what I see. The kid got a turnaround jumper, a jump shot, looks athletic, and boxes out for rebounds.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
While highlights can be deceiving I like what I see. The kid got a turnaround jumper, a jump shot, looks athletic, and boxes out for rebounds.

Agreed. She looks pretty fundamentally sound, too.

tigger

LSU Tigger
Reaction Score
Correction - Sliddel, LA very close to New Orleans, not TX.

sorry, only 1 "d" in Slidell, where she attends a public school, Salmen High. She's PJ Brown's daughter, and sites have her listed anywhere from 6'4" to 6'6". I personally was wondering if she was growing...fast.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Isn't 2016's #1 Lauren Cox the 6'4" kid from TX?

Just checked she is from Flower Mound, TX.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't see Lauren Cox on Nan's 2016 recruiting list; Does that mean there isn't any interest between UCONN and her? Sure hope there is a lot of interest since Lauren seems like a super player.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't see Lauren Cox on Nan's 2016 recruiting list; Does that mean there isn't any interest between UCONN and her? Sure hope there is a lot of interest since Lauren seems like a super player.
I updated it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01