Ann Meyers Drysdale Award midseason watch list | The Boneyard

Ann Meyers Drysdale Award midseason watch list

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
2017 Ann Meyers Drysdale Award midseason watch list

Four UConn players made the list of 28.
Notable omissions: Alexis Jones(?!?!), Tori Jankoska
Surprising inclusions: Diamond DeShields, Jennie Simms (and others)

2016-17 USBWA WOMEN’S MIDSEASON WATCH LIST
Ann Meyers Drysdale Award (Women’s National Player of the Year)
Kristine Anigwe, California
Monique Billings, UCLA
Lexi Brown, Duke
Jordin Canada, UCLA
Alaina Coates, South Carolina
Nia Coffey, Northwestern
Napheesa Collier, UConn
Nina Davis, Baylor
Diamond DeShields, Tennessee
Asia Durr, Louisville
Feyonda Fitzgerald, Temple
Precious Hall, James Madison
Brionna Jones, Maryland
Erica McCall, Stanford
Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State
Kia Nurse, UConn
Chantel Osahor, Washington
Alexis Peterson, Syracuse
Kelsey Plum, Washington
Katie Lou Samuelson, UConn
Jessica Shepard, Nebraska
Jennie Simms, Old Dominion
Brianna Turner, Notre Dame
Victoria Vivians, Mississippi State
Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Maryland
Sydney Wiese, Oregon State
Gabby Williams, UConn
A’ja Wilson, South Carolina

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
No Greenwell from Duke either.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If any Tennessee player was to be selected, I think Russell is more deserving than DeShields, and Jaime Nared may be as well.

I'd never even heard of Jennie Simms. According to the ODU site's article: "Simms lands on the 28-player list as the nation's second-leading scorer at 24.8 points per game. She is the only player in the country averaging 20+ points, 8+ rebounds and 3+ assists per game and her 43-point output in the win over Marshall is the 11th-highest single-game scoring total in the NCAA this season." Simms Named to USBWA Player of the Year Midseason Watch List

I'm mildly surprised by the inclusion of Precious Hall, Jessica Shepard, and Feyonda Fitzgerald. Not saying they're not deserving, but they just didn't seem to be carrying the kind of buzz that tends to elicit watch-list recognition.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No Greenwell from Duke either.

She's in a prolonged slump. Brown is by far the best player on Duke's team this year.

I'd never even heard of Jennie Simms. According to the ODU site's article: "Simms lands on the 28-player list as the nation's second-leading scorer at 24.8 points per game. She is the only player in the country averaging 20+ points, 8+ rebounds and 3+ assists per game and her 43-point output in the win over Marshall is the 11th-highest single-game scoring total in the NCAA this season." Simms Named to USBWA Player of the Year Midseason Watch List

She's pretty good. Played at WVU her freshman year..... transferred to ODU. They played us in Durham in Nov....... she put up about 35 points or something like that.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
If any Tennessee player was to be selected, I think Russell is more deserving than DeShields, and Jaime Nared may be as well.

I'm mildly surprised by the inclusion of Precious Hall, Jessica Shepard, and Feyonda Fitzgerald. Not saying they're not deserving, but they just didn't seem to be carrying the kind of buzz that tends to elicit watch-list recognition.
Seems to me Nared is the best player on that team, at least in terms of meaningful contribution game in and game out. Russell and DeShields make the "Oh, what might have been" list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom