Andy Landers is entertaining television | The Boneyard

Andy Landers is entertaining television

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To my mild surprise, I've enjoyed Andy Landers commentary during this years tournament.

I think his personality makes for very entertaining television. He has a fans' enthusiasm and a coach's command of technical details.

What say you?

Reaction Score
I think he's great for the women's game. I think ESPN may be trying to position him as the Dick Vitale of WBB, I certainly think he could be as annoying to some as Dickie V is. That said, he is best doing color during games. He calls the plays and descibes the defensive and offensive switches as they happen. I learned more listening to him in one game than I did in any five other games.

Reaction Score
I think he's great for the women's game. I think ESPN may be trying to position him as the Dick Vitale of WBB, I certainly think he could be as annoying to some as Dickie V is. That said, he is best doing color during games. He calls the plays and descibes the defensive and offensive switches as they happen. I learned more listening to him in one game than I did in any five other games.
Was thinking something similar, re. Vitale. Well, what doesn't kill you can't be too bad. You always need new blood, so it is great that they are trying stuff.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought that Andy was loud and close to annoying. Sorry, Coach!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I really enjoy White whenever I have had the chance to hear her talk basketball - Landers does have interesting stuff to say, but grates on my ear with the delivery and the 'personality' he is establishing. (I cannot stand to hear Vitale whatever he is saying.)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I enjoyed Andy Landers analysis. He provides good coaching insight and for the most part doesn't have an SEC bias, unless he's on the SEC Broadcast.

Reaction Score
If entertaining is annoying, then yes, he is very entertaining !!

Reaction Score
Stephanie White must be part Saint to put up with Andy's antics. He is VERY annoying.......:(:(:(

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think some of you are just put off by the unapologetic Southern drawl. His is super-magnified. But he is not boring -- you can definitely say that.

Stephanie White is a very camera-friendly "straight man" for him -- they are a good combination.

Reaction Score
There was the two of them whom I did very much enjoy (in small doses), plus the always superb Kara and Rebecca, and then there was that dreadful, unspeakably horrible, beyond belief bad, SNY is on 10 second delay otherwise I'd just listen on radio, announcing team.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Ha. My husband just asked me who that was because he found him very annoying. I didn't mind him so much.
The only thing I find annoying about Landers was an old Geno story about how he didn't think Kelly Faris would be a good enough player to play at UConn, and Geno said - "That's why we win championships."

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Landers is a "hoot." Something refreshing.

Stephanie White's Geno imitation before the game was great!

They are a good duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01