Android users, please help | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Android users, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
True. But the only people who have complained so far have been android users. I did consider the possibility that iPhone users were simply less likely to complain.

It's not really an Android issue - an iPhone with Chrome and permissions set a certain way will likely eventually get it as well. It's a malfeasant ad service.

On your Android phone or tablet, go to Settings and then Apps.

If you have an app named Network, (may have a symbol that looks like three green bars next to it), go ahead and delete it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Try this out of curiosity....turn off javascript in your browser.

It'd be in the Content Settings tab in the Advanced list of the Chrome settings.

Try that and report back.

It seems to only be happening with Firefox (which was used to install Candy Crush). Firefox does not seem to have an option to turn off javascript. It does not seem to do it with Chrome. Okay, so use Chrome is an option. I would like to get the problem fixed if anyone has any other ideas.

Reaction Score
It seems to only be happening with Firefox (which was used to install Candy Crush). Firefox does not seem to have an option to turn off javascript. It does not seem to do it with Chrome. Okay, so use Chrome is an option. I would like to get the problem fixed if anyone has any other ideas.

No problem with chrome so far. I just don't like chrome.

Reaction Score
All of a sudden my Droid HTC stopped getting redirected. Here's hoping it stays that way.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
All of a sudden my Droid HTC stopped getting redirected. Here's hoping it stays that way.

My tablet seemed to stop doing it as well yesterday...will have to check again.

Reaction Score
My tablet seemed to stop doing it as well yesterday...will have to check again.
It seems to happened off and on, but more often it's redirecting me and is a pain in the ass.

Reaction Score
It's not really an Android issue - an iPhone with Chrome and permissions set a certain way will likely eventually get it as well. It's a malfeasant ad service.

On your Android phone or tablet, go to Settings and then Apps.

If you have an app named Network, (may have a symbol that looks like three green bars next to it), go ahead and delete it.

Is "Network" the same as "Network Location", because I have that listed in my apps and I'm also getting the redirect.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is "Network" the same as "Network Location", because I have that listed in my apps and I'm also getting the redirect.

Can you post a screen shot of it?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
damn it... now I'm getting redirected. seems like it may be connected to tapatalk

Reaction Score
damn it... now I'm getting redirected. seems like it may be connected to tapatalk

I don't have taptalk and I got it again and this time it's not just the BY I get redirected from.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't have taptalk and I got it again and this time it's not just the BY I get redirected from.
whoa... I use FireFox, wonder if thats the issue on my android Acer A500 tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01