Andre Jackson Visiting Tomorrow (6/27) | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Visiting Tomorrow (6/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know they're just visits and that weve yet to close but for how short of a while Hurley has been here it sure seems like a hell of a lot of kids are eager to see what him and UConn are about
Or it could be the dairy bar in the summer. It’s a known fact ballers love ice cream

Reaction Score
Visits, schmisits, they mean nothing unless these kids start committing to UConn.
Ollie brought in lots of highly rated kids too and everybody got excited. Hate to be Debbie Downer, but to what end?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Visits, schmisits, they mean nothing unless these kids start committing to UConn.
Ollie brought in lots of highly rated kids too and everybody got excited. Hate to be Debbie Downer, but to what end?
Ok, we’ll just stop making posts on this website unless they’re commitments. Wtf is the point of commenting this?

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Ollie had no issues with getting visits and even landing into countless "Top Five's" but getting a kid to commit is a whole different beast. I have no problem with being slightly skeptical until we see some commitments

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Ollie had no issues with getting visits and even landing into countless "Top Five's" but getting a kid to commit is a whole different beast. I have no problem with being slightly skeptical until we see some commitments
That's because the UConn brand should get highly rated recruits interested and visit, but it takes a closer to seal the deal. KO was not a closer, too weak.

Reaction Score

Hurley's 247 Crystal Balls look good to me.
I'm not sure where your comparison to Ollie factors in. What recruits and what were their crystal ball predictions?
I'm assuming you're talking '17 & '18. Ollie had a Top 10 class in '16.

Reaction Score

6’6” 4* top 100...

Is he a SG or SF? 247 shows he’s a guard which is surprising for his size but Hurley likes big guards. All crystals show Cuse is the leader but he was willing to take a visit to the good guys... we shall see!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
6’6” 4* top 100...

Is he a SG or SF? 247 shows he’s a guard which is surprising for his size but Hurley likes big guards. All crystals show Cuse is the leader but he was willing to take a visit to the good guys... we shall see!

Flexibility is in. If he can guard 2's and 3's and handle the ball, his height is an advantage.

Reaction Score
It’s good to get the younger guys on campus. Develop that relationship have them play with the guys see how good they actually are.

Reaction Score
Ok, we’ll just stop making posts on this website unless they’re commitments. Wtf is the point of commenting this?

It's starting to feel like deja vu all over again when you see so much hype and excitement about Lecque, Mulcahy and Igiehon and then Mulcahy commits to Rutgers, Igiehon leaves UConn out of his top ten and who knows what's happening with Lecque.

Now Duke is after Delaire, who many people say has special ties and love for the state and UConn, but what would you be willing to risk on a bet that he's as excited about UConn as us?

From what I read, and what Geno says, who knows what motivates these kids to pick one school over another. They don't know about the 4 championships in 20 years and most probably only care about where they're going to get the most exposure, etc. so if Geno can't figure them out maybe we're all nuts to get so excited about recruiting until we get the commitments.

But it is a fan website, so have at it, and I'll probably keep reading the hype because I too want to believe it even after all these years.........

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Come on, its not realist season yet. Let us dream for a while.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
It's starting to feel like deja vu all over again when you see so much hype and excitement about Lecque, Mulcahy and Igiehon and then Mulcahy commits to Rutgers, Igiehon leaves UConn out of his top ten and who knows what's happening with Lecque.

Now Duke is after Delaire, who many people say has special ties and love for the state and UConn, but what would you be willing to risk on a bet that he's as excited about UConn as us?

From what I read, and what Geno says, who knows what motivates these kids to pick one school over another. They don't know about the 4 championships in 20 years and most probably only care about where they're going to get the most exposure, etc. so if Geno can't figure them out maybe we're all nuts to get so excited about recruiting until we get the commitments.

But it is a fan website, so have at it, and I'll probably keep reading the hype because I too want to believe it even after all these years....
I think I mistook your point at first a bit, but nobody is saying they’re optimistic about us landing this kid. He’s a 2020 kid at least a year away from committing anywhere. But it’s worth knowing we offered him and he is showing mutual interest.

Reaction Score
Come on, its not realist season yet. Let us dream for a while.

I know, and I agree, and that's why my follow up post said: "But it is a fan website, so have at it, and I'll probably keep reading the hype because I too want to believe it even after all these years...."

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'm in Bluffton and saw the SC in your name. Where in SC?
Upstate - Taylors; Moved to Orlando in Summer of 17. Going to look at property back in Duncan this week to see if a move back is possible. Love SC

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I'm in Bluffton and saw the SC in your name. Where in SC?
I live in Bluffton, by Old Town, small world! I ran into JC last summer he has a place in Colleton River.

Reaction Score
I live in Bluffton, by Old Town, small world! I ran into JC last summer he has a place in Colleton River.

For UCannUConn and HuskyinSC, how do I contact you without the world getting phone numbers, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom