Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Adama against seasoned pros because he just dominates college players
I guess that should tell us something. Such a unique talent, amazing footwork. He will have a role somewhere, he is simply too good and hard working not to.

Reaction Score
Maybe the team that’s fallen in love with him told him to make his jump height look less gaudy so they have a better chance of getting him at their draft pick spot!
You are getting cynical about the draft like Chief. One thing for sure, if you line a player, the team doesn’t tell a reporter.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

jackson's impact didn't translate to the box score. sanogo's sure did, though.

Look at the foul and free throw discrepancies. 42 attempts to 6? 28 fouls to 13? Seems unusual for what amounts to a pickup game.

Reaction Score
I honestly think his offense is going to look better in the nba playing with the right pg or a good passing big man. He runs the court so well and so fast I could see him being a terror with catching oops and forcing defenses to get back quicker than they are used to. I could be a little off here but I see Shawn Marion type potential for AJ. Looking forward to seeing where he lands and how he impacts the league.

Reaction Score
I honestly think his offense is going to look better in the nba playing with the right pg or a good passing big man. He runs the court so well and so fast I could see him being a terror with catching oops and forcing defenses to get back quicker than they are used to. I could be a little off here but I see Shawn Marion type potential for AJ. Looking forward to seeing where he lands and how he impacts the league.
I believe NBA spacing will also unlock Andre's potential on the offensive end while a Shawn Marion comp could be a stretch, I think his potential floor could be closer to Gary Payton Jr.

Reaction Score
Karaban! Good to hear, Andre is such a good teammate, gotta have that chemistry flowing thru the team to win big. It's the magic ingredient.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I know how special this team was, but it's not going to really hit me until I see Hawk, Adama and Andre playing professionally next year. I guess there's a chance Andre comes back but it sounds like he's made up his mind. I hope all three get drafted and carve out a role in the NBA. What a special group of kids.

Reaction Score
Are they ? Doubtful. Just because "they" are running this drill doesn't mean a single NBA scout / GM thinks it means squat.
I agree with you that this is more likely extremely minor than significant, but why can't there be gray areas?

A. The drill doesn't matter at all b/c of obvious statistical truths and the gym being EMPTY (despite scouts and cameras being there)
OR
B. These 25 3-pt attempts are his SAT scores determining whether he's destined for to be PJ Tucker in the NBA or the heir apparent to Dan Cryulik Czech league.

How about C?

Reaction Score
I read it as I’m probably out. That means he’s done college I assume.
Given the context, that's clearly what he meant.

"I mean, Hawk is definitely out of here, so I’m not gonna have too much more time with him,” Jackson said. “I’m probably going to be out, Adama’s probably going to be out.”

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Karaban! Good to hear, Andre is such a good teammate, gotta have that chemistry flowing thru the team to win big. It's the magic ingredient.
It makes sense. AK always seemed to come through when they called his number. They just didn't need to call it so much because those in front of him were producing at a high level.

Reaction Score
It makes sense. AK always seemed to come through when they called his number. They just didn't need to call it so much because those in front of him were producing at a high level.

14/5/3 on close to 50/40/90 and all-conference... book it. FG% will be hardest to hit because 50% or more of his shots will be from deep.

Reaction Score
14/5/3 on close to 50/40/90 and all-conference... book it. FG% will be hardest to hit because 50% or more of his shots will be from deep.
I highly doubt any player in UConn history has ever had a 50/40/90 season on that kind of volume. He's great but you might be going a little high with those shooting numbers.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt any player in UConn history has ever had a 50/40/90 season on that kind of volume. He's great but you might be going a little high with those shooting numbers.

He was at 48/40/81 this year. To get to 14ppg he would need 2 more buckets per game. It really isn't that out of line. If you want me to be a little more realistic, I'll say 45/38/85... but that's silly to say instead of just using round numbers.

90% from the line is a tough ask. Hawkins was a freak shooter and hit 88%. I doubt Alex goes below 80%. He's a really, really good FT shooter.

I expect his FG% will drop because we should see him drive the ball more aggressively vs. tough defense.

Reaction Score

He was at 48/40/81 this year. To get to 14ppg he would need 2 more buckets per game. It really isn't that out of line. If you want me to be a little more realistic, I'll say 45/38/85... but that's silly to say instead of just using round numbers.

90% from the line is a tough ask. Hawkins was a freak shooter and hit 88%. I doubt Alex goes below 80%. He's a really, really good FT shooter.

I expect his FG% will drop because we should see him drive the ball more aggressively vs. tough defense.
We've had a couple of guys come close but nobody has done it yet, FT% seems to be the biggest culprit

IMG_1341.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom