Andre Jackson, Jr. | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson, Jr.

Reaction Score
Andre is UConn through and through. Behind the women’s bench last night at Marquette.
IMG_5206.jpeg

Reaction Score
I hope Doc utilizes him often and well and helps Andre's NBA career to blossom.
He turned rondo into a serviceable 3 point shooter, and a top 5 true PG we’ve seen in the last 20 years. If he recognizes andres skills, idk if there’s anyone better for him than doc.

He also seems to care about his players similarly to how Hurley does, so I bet it’s a good culture fit.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I keep hearing their issue is defense and how the better Lopez brother is being used in the defensive scheme. But if defense is the issue and a focus AJ should be able to fit in. He seems the be able to guard 1-3 at the nba level and don’t see how a team with defensive issues would allow themselves to not tap into that skill set. When he first starting coaching I was a big fan but it seems as happens with most of these NBA coaches they have to sacrifice some of what makes them a great coach to the politics of how much power star players have in the league. Either was firing a coach who has led his team to the second best record in the league does not strike me as a stable situation. Not sure how hiring Doc fixes the issue of how they beat the Celtics. If they don’t get to the nba finals this year my money is that the Greek Freak is playing for a different team next year.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
I keep hearing their issue is defense and how the better Lopez brother is being used in the defensive scheme. But if defense is the issue and a focus AJ should be able to fit in. He seems the be able to guard 1-3 at the nba level and don’t see how a team with defensive issues would allow themselves to not tap into that skill set. When he first starting coaching I was a big fan but it seems as happens with most of these NBA coaches they have to sacrifice some of what makes them a great coach to the politics of how much power star players have in the league. Either was firing a coach who has led his team to the second best record in the league does not strike me as a stable situation. Not sure how hiring Doc fixes the issue of how they beat the Celtics. If they don’t get to the nba finals this year my money is that the Greek Freak is playing for a different team next year.
What you say is true regarding AJax's capabilities on defense. He will be great on that end eventually, but currently at this stage he is limited severely by his fouling.

The new coach will likely come out of the gates taking no chances for W's and play vets more until he realizes what he's got. If Doc brings in the consistency that the team has been seeking, Andre should benefit immensely.

In typical Ajax fashion, the new coach will (should) fall in love with his work ethic, leadership, coachability, etc. and should invest the PT in him. He will be one of those pieces that a championship team needs, hopefully its this year.

It doesn't hurt that the stars love him and will vouch for him.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
AJax got 11 mins last night in Rivers' first game.

As a side note, AJax was +8 in 11 minutes while Hawk was -11 in 29 minutes. Granted it was a blowout for Bucks, but have to say AJax won round one.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
AJax got 11 mins last night in Rivers' first game.

As a side note, AJax was +8 in 11 minutes while Hawk was -11 in 29 minutes. Granted it was a blowout for Bucks, but have to say AJax won round one.
Rivers didn’t coach last night. First game on the sidelines is tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom