Andre Jackson getting post game work in | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson getting post game work in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why was he benched for most of the game? Anyone know?
Because at this stage in his career he’s not very good. He looks stiff, his shot looks terrible, he doesn’t seem to move well without the ball. He does pass well but he looks so nervous on the court. He will be very good eventually but he isn’t yet.

Reaction Score
Because at this stage in his career he’s not very good. He looks stiff, his shot looks terrible, he doesn’t seem to move well without the ball. He does pass well but he looks so nervous on the court. He will be very good eventually but he isn’t yet.

He doesn't need to shoot to have a big impact on the game. Make the game easy for him and tell him his job is to...

- play lock down defense
- rebound/block shots
- facilitate/rebound/drive to the hoop/dunk on offense.'

We have too many chuckers and not enough role players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He doesn't need to shoot to have an impact on the game. Make the game easy for him and tell him his job is to...

- play lock down defense
- rebound/block shots
- facilitate/rebound/dunk on offense.'

We have too many chuckers and not enough role players.
Agree 100%. Last night they were just chucking the ball at the rim. Most of Cole’s shots were fine and Bouknight’s early shots were in rhythm. A lot of the other shots were forced.

Reaction Score
Don’t know what to make of Jackson thus far, he hasn’t really gotten involved. We know he can do alley oops and put backs, but is he going to be able to (this year, not long term) create his own shot? Drive past a defender from the baseline or the top of the key in a half court set? I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe he can do those things with big East play a week or two away. And I think we all know the shot isn’t going to be his weapon until he fixes that form over the summer

I’m going to get killed for this but... is he just sid Wilson from a skill perspective? I know he is more intelligent, more court aware, and a harder worker so he WILL be great over the long term

Sid Wilson was kind-of-OK at a lot of individual things and his superior athleticism created the mirage that he was an asset in a 5-on-5 scenario. Basically, exactly the sort of guy a lazy recruiter would latch onto.

Jackson is a much better basketball player -- passing, rebounding, handle. The only thing that's holding him back is his shooting, which a lot of people tried to convince themselves was OK, but clearly is awful. That said, he knows it and he's willing to put in the work. Let's give him a month or two before deciding what his ceiling is as a player.

Reaction Score
Don’t know what to make of Jackson thus far, he hasn’t really gotten involved. We know he can do alley oops and put backs, but is he going to be able to (this year, not long term) create his own shot? Drive past a defender from the baseline or the top of the key in a half court set? I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe he can do those things with big East play a week or two away. And I think we all know the shot isn’t going to be his weapon until he fixes that form over the summer

I’m going to get killed for this but... is he just sid Wilson from a skill perspective? I know he is more intelligent, more court aware, and a harder worker so he WILL be great over the long term
Andre Jackson will be an NBA player, it's dependent on his development whether he is a role player one day in the league or an all-star. Sidney Wilson isn't a high major D1 player.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing Adama and AJ work high-low together, particularly in a man-zone or zone scenario like last night. AJ has the hands, feel and mid-range touch to be dynamic from there and woe to the rim on the end of a Sanago finish from the dunk spot. I'd say and the inverse, but unsure about Sanago's passing ability? Has he had an assist?

Reaction Score
OK, I thought the game allowed for 5 five fouls.

Fouling out could have been the learning experience but I guess this is another route to take.

I know very little about basketball but I have a hunch UCONN will be a better team with Jackson on the floor in one of the forward positions. We need his passing/playmaking ability and defensive potential.

He has the ability to be a great rebounder and shot blocker/defender. Scott Burrell 2.0 with better assist potential.
T.Mart is your answer.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
OK, I thought the game allowed for 5 five fouls.

Fouling out could have been the learning experience but I guess this is another route to take.

I know very little about basketball but I have a hunch UCONN will be a better team with Jackson on the floor in one of the forward positions. We need his passing/playmaking ability and defensive potential.

He has the ability to be a great rebounder and shot blocker/defender. Scott Burrell 2.0 with better assist potential.
The learning experience is if you are lazy on D, you sit. You don't get to keep playing. That's the motivation.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The learning experience is if you are lazy on D, you sit. You don't get to keep playing. That's the motivation.
that apparently wasn't evident heading into the season.

Reaction Score
you sure about that? take another look.
Agreed, that is definitely follow through from a shot, heels lifted off the ground and all. My guess is he shot it like a free throw not a jump shot and that’s why form is as it is. If that’s his form for a shot coming back that would be super concerning as anyone who competitively plays basketball would be reacting to its with knees bent and lunging towards where the ball is going, not standing with arms in the air with legs straight.

Reaction Score
That would be a tall story. Jerome played hard and tough but game prep wasn’t his thing. Ben Gordon did that and some others.

Wrong brother.... ray did also

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson played good on ball defense and really snapped his passes (rarely noticeable). The rest needed work. He appeared a bit overwhelmed in both games but once he catches up to the pace of these games, I have no doubt that he will be special.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
you sure about that? take another look.

Absolutely not.

But it's no worse than someone suggesting that still shot is indicative of his shot form.

There's a bunch of things that could be going on the 1/2 second before or after that pic but we have people suggesting that still shot is indicative of poor shooting form and practice habits or efficiency of practice.

Anyone who has watched first two games knows his form needs a bunch of work.

I'll take the bright side of seeing a kid who played substantially less and played substantially worse than his first game putting in the time at the gym. For all we k ow there are restrictions on contact due to COVID, he could have been waiting for a coach to come out to join him, he could have been waiting for a rebounder, etc......

C

Chief00

Wrong brother.... ray did also
What was I wrong about? I said Ben did that (shoot on his own a lot) “and some others”. I agree, Ray would be in that group.
While Jerome played hard, he did not do the necessary game prep, individual initiated practice and the necessary off court discipline. Coach publicly acknowledged that after his turnover plague USF game. A more mature Jerome realizes that today and told both Coach and Chief, if he had to do things over, he would have done things differently. Chief appreciates and respects that acknowledgement. Sure, the injury hurt, but he had NBA talent with a little work and discipline on and off the court. During those years it was easier making the NBA as a high UConn draft pick than being scouted in some far overseas pro league. Best to make the best of that opportunity on the UConn stage. When he apologized to Coach about this a few years ago, Coach gave him unconditional love and told him to look forward not backwards with regret.

Reaction Score
What was I wrong about? I said Ben did that (shoot on his own a lot) “and some others”. I agree, Ray would be in that group.
While Jerome played hard, he did not do the necessary game prep, individual initiated practice and the necessary off court discipline. Coach publicly acknowledged that after his turnover plague USF game. A more mature Jerome realizes that today and told both Coach and Chief, if he had to do things over, he would have done things differently. Chief appreciates and respects that acknowledgement. Sure, the injury hurt, but he had NBA talent with a little work and discipline on and off the court. During those years it was easier making the NBA as a high UConn draft pick than being scouted in some far overseas pro league. Best to make the best of that opportunity on the UConn stage. When he apologized to Coach about this a few years ago, Coach gave him unconditional love and told him to look forward not backwards with regret.
Chief I’d love to hear more about this meeting between you, Calhoun and Dyson....the back ground, the setting etc. It sounds super interesting and I love to hear the details of the behind the scene program stuff most of us will never get the opportunity to see/hear first hand.

Reaction Score
Chief I’d love to hear more about this meeting between you, Calhoun and Dyson....the back ground, the setting etc. It sounds super interesting and I love to hear the details of the behind the scene program stuff most of us will never get the opportunity to see/hear first hand.

Well, you see there's this urinal that's become a sort of gathering place and one day the three of them decided to throw down a couple beverages and the rest is history................

C

Chief00

Those were two separate conversations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Andre is going to be great. But I never want to see him attempt to take a charge again. He’s too athletic for that *.

Reaction Score
he’ ll be fine. it’s this crazy season. one team is quarantining while another isn’t ya da yada. i’m expecting a lot more upsets early with the big dogs vs mid majors

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Bouknight looked lost at times last year before pulling it together. (ie. the Indiana game at MSG) Give this guy some time. With the guidance of our staff he will pull it together and when he does, he's going to be very, very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom