Andre Jackson: “Now I want to get another one while I’m here… only way I’m not coming back is if Coach tells me to leave” | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson: “Now I want to get another one while I’m here… only way I’m not coming back is if Coach tells me to leave”

Reaction Score
I think both Adama & Hawk are going to the NBA. Hawk because, well because he's an amazing shooter.

Adama's NBA stock is never going to be as high as it is right now, and sticking around for another year to perfect that 3 pt shooting isn't going to do him any good. Sorry to say, because he's been GREAT for us this year, but if I were him, I'd take my shot now.
I call Adama Zion Williamson without the 40 inch vertical.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
As mentioned years ago, if the Boneyard sets up bake sales along the Merritt and Wilbur Cross Parkway’s, that would raise plenty of cash for the NIL.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Maybe most athletic (and definitely most unique) player in UConn history. We are way better with him on floor...
The most amazing part about that statement is that it may well be correct even with the fact that Scottie Burrell played here.

Reaction Score
The most amazing part about that statement is that it may well be correct even with the fact that Scottie Burrell played here.

Good point. Scottie is 1A. Stanley Robinson is honorable mention.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Good point. Scottie is 1A. Stanley Robinson is honorable mention.
We have had a number of top athletes here over the years but both Scottie and Andre were/are at a level that is beyond description.

When I think about Scottie's play against Rodgers I have to tell myself that it was real.

Reaction Score
If anyone can get guaranteed money, they have to take the chance.

I don’t know if that is going to be there for Andre or Adama this year. Adama is just alive at the wrong time…there’s a time where he would have been a sure fire lottery pick. (And that time will probably come around again.)
For everyone that feels he doesn’t have the right game for the league, just watch him work. The improvement over the last 3 years has been remarkable.

Reaction Score
I want players to realize that a degree is important unless you're a sure-fire NBA star. A single NBA rookie contract is not enough money to set you up for life or you need to be prepared to bounce around overseas. I've earned a lot in my life and don't feel well-off at all. College players need to be sure they're good enough to get that 2nd NBA contract before going pro. Too many stories of guys signing that one contract, not getting a degree, thinking they made it and then struggle for life. I want the best for our players.
I’ve got to disagree about an undergraduate degree especially in todays world. Adama has and will make enough contacts that when his playing days are over he’ll have offers and opportunities. I do believe that Adama will get his degree though. I bet it’s important to him

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Do you have a link to this infamous Syracuse board that I keep reading about? I'd like to stroll over there for a look-see.
Trust me. You DON'T want to endanger your mental health by reading the drivel that passes for basketball talk over there.

Reaction Score
Heard off season Andre organized NBA watch parties and hibachi outings with team mates. He forced reluctant players into attending.

That experience resulted in players bonding and establishing some deep friendships. It's rare to get a player who takes the captaincy so seriously. It's rare to get a player who takes pride in a program as deeply as Andre does. We are lucky he came to UConn.
Amen to that!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jackson and Castle would be killer next season! I support whatever he decides especially if he’s lock first round pick.

Imagine, if you will, Jackson, Castle, Alleyne and Newton.

We’d turn the ball over like it was made of lava at times, but that’s an awful lot of size in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
Try starting here: Awful.
I was surprised by the very honest assessments on the Cuse board. They know they're in big trouble.

My favorite though was the poster saying "how did UConn win a national championship with players were supposedly better off not getting?" (Denial is the first of the 5 Stages of Grief. Syracuse appears to have reached the final stage, Acceptance).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom