Andre Jackson: “Now I want to get another one while I’m here… only way I’m not coming back is if Coach tells me to leave” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson: “Now I want to get another one while I’m here… only way I’m not coming back is if Coach tells me to leave”

Reaction Score
I'll be the last person to ever tell someone not to make millions, but there are some things in his game he really needs to improve. He's very Rodman-esque and that role isn't really part of the new NBA. Improve offensively and have a long NBA career. I really want this team to stay intact and he's a huge piece.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I like that we can all have a good-natured laugh at him taking possibly the ugliest two 3-point attempts in the history of basketball tonight.
There was one from SDSU, not sure who, that was about 3 feet short of the rim. But, yeah. :D

Reaction Score
Such a great contributer in so many ways. His skills fit this team so well. I'm so glad the coaching staff found a way to address how teams were defending him, that was a huge key in how dominant we were at the end of the season. I can't wait to see him next year! I hope he works in the offseason to get comfortable with getting to the rim, he's so athletic, I would love to see it.

Reaction Score
if Adama stays , and he shud, our starting lineup will be: castle, Ajax, Karaban, Adama and clingan next year. With Alleyne and Samson off our bench plus the freshmen. What???

Reaction Score
Givony LOVES him.

I obviously want him back, but he could get a 1st round guarantee, and the right shooting coach could turn him into an athletic Draymond. Scary.

Whatever he chooses, he’s got our support!
He’s staying and he’s one of our greatest gifts ever!

Reaction Score
Adama and Hawkins are gone. It would be nice if alleyne stayed. I think Jackson will be back. Get him an NIL deal with a large ct company like Stanley and shoot some commercials with him wearing a toolbelt showing off his diverse skill set

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I love that he wants to stick around as long as he can and he would be a great leader and bridge to our huge class next year.

I have a hard time seeing him as a 1st round pick this year, or especially next year as a senior unless he makes a huge leap in his own offense, but if some NBA GM says they'd bite, he should seize the opportunity.
If anyone can get guaranteed money, they have to take the chance.

I don’t know if that is going to be there for Andre or Adama this year. Adama is just alive at the wrong time…there’s a time where he would have been a sure fire lottery pick. (And that time will probably come around again.)

Reaction Score
All I’ll say is I have total faith in Hurley and the staff that they’ll give all these guys advice that is in the best interest of their careers and futures. Remember, even when one of these guys makes the jump to the NBA, those dividends keep paying off when it comes to recruiting.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Heard off season Andre organized NBA watch parties and hibachi outings with team mates. He forced reluctant players into attending.

That experience resulted in players bonding and establishing some deep friendships. It's rare to get a player who takes the captaincy so seriously. It's rare to get a player who takes pride in a program as deeply as Andre does. We are lucky he came to UConn.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Heard off season Andre organized NBA watch parties and hibachi outings with team mates. He forced reluctant players into attending.

That experience resulted in players bonding and establishing some deep friendships. It's rare to get a player who takes the captaincy so seriously. It's rare to get a player who takes pride in a program as deeply as Andre dows. We are lucky he came to UConn.

Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Reaction Score
I'll be starting an NIL fundraiser later today for Bleeding Blue for Good.

Let do our best to take care of our players.
Great idea - and thanks for all you do.
The $’s Miami players made was eye opening. We have made lots of progress but need to up our game even more.

I am helping plan a 2 player Red Fox event in late April/early May. Also, hoping to work with my employer to do a community event in Hartford.

Reaction Score
If anyone can get guaranteed money, they have to take the chance.

I don’t know if that is going to be there for Andre or Adama this year. Adama is just alive at the wrong time…there’s a time where he would have been a sure fire lottery pick. (And that time will probably come around again.)
Completely agree with this. The NIL is ideal for someone like Adama because his game is completely ripe but he's just in the wrong era, and there would be less of a temptation to jump overseas.

Reaction Score

That experience resulted in players bonding and establishing some deep friendships. It's rare to get a player who takes the captaincy so seriously. It's rare to get a player who takes pride in a program as deeply as Andre does. We are lucky he came to UConn.
We are so fortunate to have Andre. He missed a few shots last night but Hurley called him out after the game because he knows what he does behind the scenes helping make our team truly special.

There been a few things he’s done that I am aware of that have been amazing.
Offering to help Donovan do his Donovan’s event for free but since everything was approved by Compliance we weren’t sure if he could. This time we hope to have both paid at the same event.

Reaction Score
I want players to realize that a degree is important unless you're a sure-fire NBA star. A single NBA rookie contract is not enough money to set you up for life or you need to be prepared to bounce around overseas. I've earned a lot in my life and don't feel well-off at all. College players need to be sure they're good enough to get that 2nd NBA contract before going pro. Too many stories of guys signing that one contract, not getting a degree, thinking they made it and then struggle for life. I want the best for our players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom