Andre gets his championship ring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre gets his championship ring

Reaction Score
Love him. One of my favorites ever.
Story from Championship night - Team was coming up the stairs and we were high fiving them at the hotel. AJax dropped his championship T-Shirt. Person after AJax forget who it was in my euphoria gives AJax's championship T-Shirt to me. Mrs. Scot-e freaks out and tries to claim the T-Shirt for herself (it's her favorite player). Scot-e calmly talks to me and says lets give the T-Shirt back to Ajax, it's the right thing to do. So that's what we did. Mrs's Scot-e took some photos with Andre which made her happy. What really happened witht he T-Shirt is unknown. I'm sure it's in a hamper somewhere.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The NCAA ring cost is limited to $405, the UConn ring is cool ;):eek:
Only 400 bucks for the NCAA ring? Pssh, might as well just have given them a ring pop.

Reaction Score
Much classier than the locker room presentation by the Pelicans. AJ has to feel good about the team caring so much about putting together such a nice ceremony.
Agree to disagree. Such a nice ceremony? It was a quick video that barely showed any highlights and then his teammates handed him the rings.

Hawk’s was awesome to watch. His teammates were all hyped up and then the icing on the cake was Swin presenting them to him rocking a UConn shirt. I thought it was awesome.

Reaction Score

Im happy for him, grateful to have had him and thankful for all his efforts even through the tough times. I can bring this up because the story ended well but i was nearly brought to tears at one point last year by him. There was a game during that january down period where he was struggling and so was the team. I remember him getting the ball at the 3 point line and his defender just completely backed away from and just left him standing out there daring him to shoot it. I swear if felt like the crowd went quiet and i think i saw people laughing in the crowd. He stood there and just passed the ball and ran his rotation and he looked so demoralized that i felt as if that was my son out there and i just wanted to give the kid a hug. I felt absolutely horrible for him. But Hurley made the adjustments and it turned everything around for Ajax and the team and here he is getting the ring that doesnt happen without his turnaround.

Reaction Score
Much classier than the locker room presentation by the Pelicans. AJ has to feel good about the team caring so much about putting together such a nice ceremony.
This organization is NOT the Knick’s or the other big boys. Straight class and this is proof if the love the players and organization have for Dre. No knock on Jordan, but Andre’s presence is just different. He will be a captain on this team one day. The freak nor the fans will let Dre get traded or leave.

Reaction Score
Im happy for him, grateful to have had him and thankful for all his efforts even through the tough times. I can bring this up because the story ended well but i was nearly brought to tears at one point last year by him. There was a game during that january down period where he was struggling and so was the team. I remember him getting the ball at the 3 point line and his defender just completely backed away from and just left him standing out there daring him to shoot it. I swear if felt like the crowd went quiet and i think i saw people laughing in the crowd. He stood there and just passed the ball and ran his rotation and he looked so demoralized that i felt as if that was my son out there and i just wanted to give the kid a hug. I felt absolutely horrible for him. But Hurley made the adjustments and it turned everything around for Ajax and the team and here he is getting the ring that doesnt happen without his turnaround.
Andre had a Red Fox event the night after that difficult game. His mom, who had gone to the Storrs game but gone back to the Albany area, then drove to Middletown the next evening to support Andre. That told me a lot and Andre shows those same support traits to his teammates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom