Andra Espinoza-Hunter to transfer [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter to transfer [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that news, she would eventually have been a major contributor to the team.....................It's ironic that AEH chose to transfer considering how long she was verbally committed to UConn....................I'll be interested to see where she ends up..................I wouldn't be surprised if she stays in the NYC area but that remains to be seen...................

Reaction Score
I wonder why she left after one semester. Why not stick it out a full year and then if you still don't really like it then leave. Even Stef said she thought about transferring in her freshman year, but she stuck it out and look what happened.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very sad. Did she have other colleges on her recruiting list? Was it UConn only? I don't recall

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wish her the best and hope that she continues to play well wherever she may go.

Reaction Score
And now Geno will demonstrate to the WCBB world how big his heart is by enabling her to play next season without losing a year.
I wish her as distinguished a career as Samarie Walker's (including an NCAA tournament game against the Huskies).

Reaction Score
And now Geno will demonstrate to the WCBB world how big his heart is by enabling her to play next season without losing a year.
I wish her as distinguished a career as Samarie Walker's (including an NCAA tournament game against the Huskies).
Had predicted that due to her great defense and solid ball handling that she would be able to make a as significant a contribution to UConn as Walker. Any sport should provide the athlete some level of joy for all the sacrifices so here is wishing that she gets what she wants out of basketball.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that we will know where she is going before the Houston game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When a player is absent from the team for a long stretch for "personal reasons" there's usually only one way that ends.

Good luck to her in finding a new school that is the right fit.

This is the news I feared most. :( I didn't want to speculate in open forum, but I also had the feeling she was not going to return, she missed too many games. There can only be 2 reasons for her departure. I knew at some point we would be advised of the reason for her absence. Geno gave us a vague hint when he said "We hope to have some resolution for this matter soon". It could have meant a lot of things, but it also eliminated a few. It was at THAT moment I didn't think she would return. I know her teammates will miss her, as will we.

She probably has already found her new college of choice, and already enrolled. Like Sadie Edwards did, AEH will be eligible to play in mid-December of THIS year if she enrolls at her new school for the spring semester, which for most colleges begins this coming Tuesday (16th). I will continue to follow Andrea the rest of her college athletic career, and wish her all the best. I was having a good day until I read this. It always hurts when you lose one of the flock. :(:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Maybe she'll follow a couple other Blair Academy players who transferred to USC. I'm so sorry to see her leave.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
she's been verbally committed to UConn for so many years I don't even know if she had a list....
She played with Saniya for Ossining when she was an 8th grader. She visited UConn with Saniya, and may have decided then that she wanted to go to UConn. ( Personally, I think that's too young for that kind of decision.)

Contrary to what some fans might think , there are actually some people who would rather play and make a significant contribution to their team, than win a NC. I think I'm safe in predicting that Hunter will be a starter for the right D1 team. I give her credit for recognizing that she may have made a mistake, for her, and correcting that mistake and extending her eligibility to make a contribution elsewhere.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe she'll follow a couple other Blair Academy players who transferred to USC. I'm so sorry to see her leave.

That would not surprise me. USC would love to have her. I think there are other schools closer to home that would also welcome her to the fold as well. We should know in the next 2 weeks.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That would not surprise me. USC would love to have her. I think there are other schools closer to home that would also welcome her to the fold as well. We should know in the next 2 weeks.
Most likely 2 to 3 days, that is if she wants to play at all next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom