And you thought our silver unis were putrid! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

And you thought our silver unis were putrid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
No so much a sailor suit, but early 1900's.
Yeah, it IS a sailor suit. But more like early 1800s.

Ralph Lauren just got the hat wrong. Must've thrown you off.

Reproductions-of-early-19th-century-U.S.-Navy-enlisted-uniforms-Credit-Blair-Pershyn.jpg

Olympic-Uniforms.jpg

Reaction Score
The white pants would never cut it for the winter Olympics, since they take place after Labor Day.

Other than the crazy beret thingies and that they were made in China, I have no issue with the USA outfits.

I wonder what the favorite pizza is in Spain?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought I was old...! :eek: Since 1748, British Royal Navy uniforms have been white and navy blue...where we derived the classic blue blazer.
As I said I've seen them, went out drinking with them, they came over and toured our boat, they didn't look like that.

Anyway I guess I have to spell it out for everyone. The uniforms look like what was worn around the 1910-1920's. See Chariots of Fire for reference.

Reaction Score
As I said I've seen them, went out drinking with them, they came over and toured our boat, they didn't look like that.

Anyway I guess I have to spell it out for everyone. The uniforms look like what was worn around the 1910-1920's. See Chariots of Fire for reference.

Sorry Meyers...I wasn't questioning what you saw...just trying to be humorous...not my forte. One of my hobbies is the British Navy before and after the French Revolution, and they wore the indigo dyed jackets and white pants back then. So I was not referring to what you've seen in the 20th - 21st Century. The whole blue blazer with brass buttons look supposedly started there, but this may just be lore.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Made me think of Joe E. Brown in Some Like It Hot (one of THE BEST comedies ever made and one of my all time favorite movies).

some.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry Meyers...I wasn't questioning what you saw...just trying to be humorous...not my forte. One of my hobbies is the British Navy before and after the French Revolution, and they wore the indigo dyed jackets and white pants back then. So I was not referring to what you've seen in the 20th - 21st Century. The whole blue blazer with brass buttons look supposedly started there, but this may just be lore.
No problem. My thoughts weren't anything to do with any navy. It was that they looked like they were from the 1910-1920's, when they had to travel by ship to England, no cross Atlantic flights. Then the thread went off into what kind of navy uniforms they were like. Which had nothing to do with what I was thinking.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Made me think of Joe E. Brown in Some Like It Hot (one of THE BEST comedies ever made and one of my all time favorite movies).

some.jpg

Great movie. :)

"Nobody's perfect"

Reaction Score
What else could they do?

When there's a color the name of which coincides with the name of your organization, you kind of have to choose it.

Might have been the other way around...

Reaction Score

some.jpg

And that was a very riske scene for the times...think the Catholic Church may have condemned it...

Reaction Score
Damn, OneTrick.

My subtle humor sometimes gets too subtle to be classified as humor.

You should run that music from Jaws every once in a while to remind me I'm swimming with the sharks now...! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom