An Update On Incoming Recruits Carlton, Polley, Ashton-Langford | The Boneyard

An Update On Incoming Recruits Carlton, Polley, Ashton-Langford

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
How come UConn never gets lucky and have a kid grow 5 inches over the summer?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Looking like Carlton can be the big UConn needs. Hopefully the light turns on quickly for him at the college level.

Reaction Score
Our bigs next year are extremely raw compared to now so I'm hoping that we are well covered. Who would have thought that we would be missing Brimah and Facey the way our year started? They seem to be emerging before our very eyes. Not me I have to admit.

Reaction Score
Not sure yet, JD could regain real form and replace Facey's production and SE has much more upside than AB. He'll never be the shot blocker but he's a much better low post offensive player and can become a solid defender and rebounder. I've never been a huge AB shot block fan in the sense he goes after tons he shouldn't and is out of position for rebounds and easy put backs. Rehashed tons here, but career wise a 7 footer playing in non-P5 league averages 4 RPG

Plus, there will be a lot of TL @ the 4 too when they go small.

Our bigs next year are extremely raw compared to now so I'm hoping that we are well covered. Who would have thought that we would be missing Brimah and Facey the way our year started? They seem to be emerging before our very eyes. Not me I have to admit.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not sure yet, JD could regain real form and replace Facey's production and SE has much more upside than AB. He'll never be the shot blocker but he's a much better low post offensive player and can become a solid defender and rebounder. I've never been a huge AB shot block fan in the sense he goes after tons he shouldn't and is out of position for rebounds and easy put backs. Rehashed tons here, but career wise a 7 footer playing in non-P5 league averages 4 RPG

Plus, there will be a lot of TL @ the 4 too when they go small.
Who took over your body?

Reaction Score
where is mini - Rashad Anderson when you need him ?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I do not know a blessed thing about Polley.

I did see a DeMatha game online and was pretty impressed with Carlton. He's smart, moves well and has a frame that will easily carry more muscle. My uneducated guess is that he outperforms his ranking.

One of my old friends has a son playing prep ball and he saw them play against Brewster - he raved about MAL.

Reaction Score
I wonder how MAL is shooting from the free throw line. He was under 60% last year. He's the highest risk PG we've recruited in a long time IMO. I'm worried about his TOs, and his shooting both from the stripe and 3.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I wonder how MAL is shooting from the free throw line. He was under 60% last year. He's the highest risk PG we've recruited in a long time IMO. I'm worried about his TOs, and his shooting both from the stripe and 3.

He'll have a year to study under Jalen and Alterique. He most likely won't do much his freshman year, but I'm not worried about him long-term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom