An extraordinary read about Geno.... | The Boneyard

An extraordinary read about Geno....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Check out this quote about the choreographed dance that is the Platonic ideal of basketball:

"When done right," he says, "my guys move the ball so fast other teams can't catch up. The key is to move without the ball, be unselfish. Like a choreographed dance. It's beautiful to watch. The creative movement of five people, flowing, like a musician creating rhythm with his music. In an ideal world, this is what basketball is all about, movement that can't be scouted by the opposition. It's a style with no description," a style so fluid and fast that X's and O's become irrelevant. Opposing teams can't anticipate what move will lead to another because all the movements are part of a whole, not distinct pieces, and as such, they can't be broken down, analyzed, anticipated, and defended against. "People really like watching it," Geno says, "because it's cool, but they can't describe it."

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Does Geno really smoke that much?

Reaction Score
Check out this quote about the choreographed dance that is the Platonic ideal of basketball:

"When done right," he says, "my guys move the ball so fast other teams can't catch up. The key is to move without the ball, be unselfish. Like a choreographed dance. It's beautiful to watch. The creative movement of five people, flowing, like a musician creating rhythm with his music. In an ideal world, this is what basketball is all about, movement that can't be scouted by the opposition. It's a style with no description," a style so fluid and fast that X's and O's become irrelevant. Opposing teams can't anticipate what move will lead to another because all the movements are part of a whole, not distinct pieces, and as such, they can't be broken down, analyzed, anticipated, and defended against. "People really like watching it," Geno says, "because it's cool, but they can't describe it."

Move the ball and don't stand around!? Basketball commonsense. What is frustrating about much of modern basketball is WHY don't more coaches preach and adopt this philosophy!

Reaction Score

Move the ball and don't stand around!? Basketball commonsense. What is frustrating about much of modern basketball is WHY don't more coaches preach and adopt this philosophy!

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Excellent read.......not for those who are offended by cussing......makes him more "human"........

Reaction Score
I can't see the point of using all that cussing. It definitely detracts from the content, and I find it hard to believe it's necessary in this article. I can't read it because of that foul language. Thanks for the warning, ABachelor6CR!

Reaction Score
It's an old article, published in 2012, likely written in May of 2011, by a well know sports author Pat Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom