An Elevator Ride With Coach Calhoun | The Boneyard

An Elevator Ride With Coach Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Friend of mine down in Dallas through the UCONN package just called me. He said he just got off an elevator with Coach Calhoun (staying on the same floor!) with a group of fans. One asked the coach his thoughts on UCONN's chances tonight. His reply (paraphrasing a bit): "Don't see how they can play with us. Fundamentally, they are not good. Will run a lot of 1 on 1 and that's it. The size hasn't gotten to us all tournament and probably won't tonight." He really likes our chances.

Bottomline: we are DOOMED if we do, DOOMED if we don't.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Coach Calhoun has taken the stairs a few times. I've witnessed it:

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I agree with Jimmy. We win this game due to veteran leadership. We are loaded with Juniors and Seniors and they are all freshmen and sophomores. Bazz, Niels and Tyler have already won it once. We have 14 years of college experience from just Bazz, Niels, Boat and DeAndre. In a tight game, I like our chances at crunch time, especially when we have the best player on the floor.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
JC took the elevator? Get KO on the phone ASAP? :D

Considering a fractured HIP essentially forced him into premature retirement, presumably KO will exempt JC from the stairs requirement.

Looking forward to our Dogs attacking UK like rabid savages tonight

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Nice to see JC hasn't become a BS'er himself.....tells it like he sees it, unlike some slimy douchbaguettes who will go unnamed.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Nice to see JC hasn't become a BS'er himself.....tells it like he sees it, unlike some slimy douchbaguettes who will go unnamed.
lol @"succeed and proceed" - or just "blow and go"

Reaction Score
I agree with Jimmy. We win this game due to veteran leadership. We are loaded with Juniors and Seniors and they are all freshmen and sophomores. Bazz, Niels and Tyler have already won it once. We have 14 years of college experience from just Bazz, Niels, Boat and DeAndre. In a tight game, I like our chances at crunch time, especially when we have the best player on the floor.

I dont see Uk winning a close game. We`re not going to allow some last second bs shot like 3 other teams have. if its close i LOVE our chances.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Calhoun calls Calipari a bullspitter and Kentucky as fundamentally stupid.

DOOMED.
Absolutely doomed, even if JC is correct with both assessments.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I remember watching a show about the Squid and the fact that they don't run an offense. He tells recruits if they play for him for a year they can showcase their one on one skills for the NBA. I think the Kentucky Fab 5's individual egos will rise up today and be their undoing. They've pulled games out this tournament but not against a focused, veteran team like us. Guys, don't be surprised if we run away with this one. Just sayin'. Oh yeah, sorry, WE'RE DOOMED!!!!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
JC took the elevator, but his hip took the stairs.

Reaction Score
Listen to the Coach.

We got this . . . . . . but we're DOOOMED!

Reaction Score
Friend of mine down in Dallas through the UCONN package just called me. He said he just got off an elevator with Coach Calhoun (staying on the same floor!) with a group of fans. One asked the coach his thoughts on UCONN's chances tonight. His reply (paraphrasing a bit): "Don't see how they can play with us. Fundamentally, they are not good. Will run a lot of 1 on 1 and that's it. The size hasn't gotten to us all tournament and probably won't tonight." He really likes our chances.

Bottomline: we are DOOMED if we do, DOOMED if we don't.

JC's analysis was spot on. The zone kept them in the game, but man to man it was no contest, we also out rebounded them, so much for size.

Reaction Score
Calhoun is right again, their offense was essentially going one on one and dumping it to a big man down low hoping to get fouled on the shot or second chance. They really were fundamentally unsound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom