Amore: Rodney Purvis Is Huskies' Goodwill Ambassador | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amore: Rodney Purvis Is Huskies' Goodwill Ambassador

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes I understand that. But he's not graduating early. This is his fourth year in college. It takes four years to complete college.
I'm fully aware of how long it takes to complete college. But my point is, when a player makes it known that he wants to graduate the following spring, it's not to come back to school and play another year while in grad school.

And this quote from him basically confirms his intentions: "I probably won't be here to play with those [younger recruits], but, hey, I just want to leave a mark."

Full context:
Purvis has stayed on campus throughout the spring, staying on top of class work. As a redshirt junior, he has two years eligibility left, but his goal is to graduate next spring.

"The main thing is just leaving a mark," Purvis said. "I probably won't be here to play with those [younger recruits], but, hey, I just want to leave a mark. I want to be that type of UConn guy that's talked about when the coaches talk about their guys. I just want to be the guy who is good in the community, good around the campus. I'm going to try to leave the things that I took from 'Bazz and from Kevin Ollie and leave them on Jalen, and then Jalen will be the next guy in line. Just trying to use all my gifts, I guess."

Reaction Score
Yes I understand that. But he's not graduating early. This is his fourth year in college. It takes four years to complete college.

What he means is that if RP thought he was going to be at UConn for two more years, he would probably not graduate next spring and start up a grad program. It just doesn't typically happen that way. RP is pretty clear in the article that he probably won't be around to play with the 2016 recruits.

Reaction Score
Probably a safe bet that Rodney informed Mr. Diallo that the starting shooting guard spot will be opening up a year from now.

Reaction Score
purvis plan originally in 2013 was to leave this year. obviously had a reality check during the season at some point... but yeah as others noted he will no doubt enter the draft a rs junior.

Reaction Score
IMO it's not a certainty that Purvis leaves after this season, as he could be trying to graduate on time in the event that he has a big season and is ready for the NBA/other pro league. That being said, I'd put the chance that he returns for a third season around 25%. It's pretty clear that his plan is to be here one more year and then go.

Reaction Score
IMO it's not a certainty that Purvis leaves after this season, as he could be trying to graduate on time in the event that he has a big season and is ready for the NBA/other pro league. That being said, I'd put the chance that he returns for a third season around 25%. It's pretty clear that his plan is to be here one more year and then go.

This much I agree with. However, I'd give it a 50-50 chance of him staying for his senior season. I just have a gut feeling he'll be back after next season.

Reaction Score
You do understand he wants a shot at being drafted right? You do understand that it's not very often a team takes a player in the draft who is 23+. Kilpatrick from Cincy (as much as we despised him) was a solid player but his age was a huge turnoff in the draft.

Ready or not, and whether or not it is the right decision remains to be seen but I believe a 22 year old Purvis will declare following this season.

Reaction Score
Purvis would be a great NFL tight end if he can show he can catch the ball.

Reaction Score
He didn't say he was going to NBA. He wants to be the best Grad Transfer in History. He will be going to Maryland next year to play with Diamond Stone.

Reaction Score
he will have earned his degree and will have a finite time to use his skills in the nba or other pro league. he is gone and i hope it's to the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom