Amida's defense down the stretch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida's defense down the stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mau,

I think we all agree 100% he's a terrible offensive player. Unless he's getting lobs he does nothing on that side.

So then the debate is his defensive play. I land on the side that's a poor defensive player. We know he doesn't rebound, but his going for blocks on every possession leads to many easy and weak side baskets for the other team. Thus, when I add the 2 together I don't think he's a good player at all. And I probably am even more critical because I find his cockiness insulting and embarrassing.
If he's insulting you with his alleged cockiness, why don't you man up and do something about it?

Reaction Score
I should. Maybe I'll head to Storrs this week and when I see him on campus I'll yell "Hey Amida, do you realize you suck at basketball, maybe stop acting like a total d*ckhead on the court and show a little class."

Then I'll ride off in my stolen car!

If he's insulting you with his alleged cockiness, why don't you man up and do something about it?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I should. Maybe I'll head to Storrs this week and when I see him on campus I'll yell "Hey Amida, do you realize you suck at basketball, maybe stop acting like a total d*ckhead on the court and show a little class."

fbd857861bbda7ecf4561a3f3749d3ebc525071e1c38218b395c76640faf46d5.jpg

Reaction Score

Should, but you won't.

You know what's embarrassing to see? An internet tough guy.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Another board Mensa member, maybe the leader of the pack. A real genius.

Ignore feature, people. Only reason I saw him this time was because he was quoted, do yourselves a favor and toss him in the recycle bin.

Reaction Score
Fair point. His cocky persona on the court is insufferable for a guy who by all stats and skills borderline stinks.

It's not cockiness. It's more a carefree spirit, a guy who loves being out there, despite his limitations.

Your criticisms of his game are well-founded, but you lose credibility when you attack the character of an extremely likable guy.

Reaction Score
To call him a really good defender is laughable. He plays in a lousy league with mostly bad teams to start. He doesn't understand anything about basketball, positioning, hedging, etc.. He goes for blocks on 100% of possessions. Yes, if you are 7 feet, go for blocks on 30+ defensive possessions and play in a crappy league against crappy teams getting 3-4/game is not some huge feat. And the ones he does get 80% are just giving the team another possession and for every block he gets at least 1-2 plays result in easy put backs because of his poor positioning.

His offensive game looks more limited than ever. Other than lobs he has zero offensive skill. That jump hook thing he tries is funny to watch. Every 3-4 games he does hit an 8-10 footer with no one on him. His release is so methodical and slow he can't get that off against better defenders.

The 1-3 are legitimately top 10 talent level, but when you add in some rotation of Brimah, Facey and Nolan the whole thing implodes quickly.

Brimah tries and plays hard, but his lack of strength, skills and basketball IQ are limiting factors. I get the bias on the board, but the lack of objectivity is amazing.
I understand getting down on a player a bit here and there but the way you go off on Brimah is over the top. The kid has been playing for 4-5 years, he's still learning, he's one of our own. WTF! Are you this critical about others in your life?I'd hate to be your dog or kid. He's a good kid from all I've heard here. Who gives it his all. I just don't understand how you can be so critical of him. I suggest you talk to a professional to help you get thing in perspective.

Reaction Score
I understand getting down on a player a bit here and there but the way you go off on Brimah is over the top. The kid has been playing for 4-5 years, he's still learning, he's one of our own. WTF! Are you this critical about others in your life?I'd hate to be your dog or kid. He's a good kid from all I've heard here. Who gives it his all. I just don't understand how you can be so critical of him. I suggest you talk to a professional to help you get thing in perspective.
I think husky91 is fighting the people on here who were saying he is a guranteed lottery pick. Unfortunately he is at best a second round pick at this stage. Though unlike husky91 I'm willing to see if he can get better with a full off season of conditioning. He needs it bad. He has improved in his rebounding from last year as far as positioning but now needs the strength to get better. He has zero post moves but does have a nice 10 footer that he has made when covered. Without him we would be horrible on defense. Just have to manage your expectations with AB.

Reaction Score
If Brimah can learn to defend with his arms up and just front his man, he'll be fine. He gets impatient and eventually reaches in. If he has to front his guy for more than a few seconds someone has to come over and try to strip.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ignore feature, people. Only reason I saw him this time was because he was quoted, do yourselves a favor and toss him in the recycle bin.
Very good advice. He's an odd duck Husky91. If he really is a UCONN fan he has a very odd way of showing it. He is so negative and angry that he is likely dangerous. If he's not really a fan and is just trolling, well, that is just sad. In either event I guess I feel bad for the guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Husky91 is just fighting whoever because he's a jackwagon, says a lot that you came in here with your cape on to defend him tho...

I think husky91 is fighting the people on here who were saying he is a guranteed lottery pick. Unfortunately he is at best a second round pick at this stage. Though unlike husky91 I'm willing to see if he can get better with a full off season of conditioning. He needs it bad. He has improved in his rebounding from last year as far as positioning but now needs the strength to get better. He has zero post moves but does have a nice 10 footer that he has made when covered. Without him we would be horrible on defense. Just have to manage your expectations with AB.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Very good advice. He's an odd duck Husky91. If he really is a UCONN fan he has a very odd way of showing it. He is so negative and angry that he is likely dangerous. If he's not really a fan and is just trolling, well, that is just said. In either event I guess I feel bad for the guy.
This. That level of anger isn't healthy. We have the advantage of ignoring it or forgetting about it once removed from his presence. He's stuck with himself.

Reaction Score
Husky91 is just fighting whoever because he's a jackwagon, says a lot that you came in here with your cape on to defend him tho...
Maybe Husky91 is using negative reinforcement to motivate AB! LOL!

Reaction Score
Crazy as it sounds much of what says it true and it can't be that way today or we're playing in the NIT. If he plays 31 minutes and gets 1 rebound or if he plays 15 minutes because of foul trouble we're in huge trouble because of their front line. His game yesterday for 31 minutes, besides the 5 blocks, was basically unacceptable. We have to get and expect more from him than 1 rebound.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's not cockiness. It's more a carefree spirit, a guy who loves being out there, despite his limitations.

He plays with joy. And he blocked that last Tulsa shot last night. And saved the season last year. He's good and working to get better. How does one land on him?

Reaction Score
We're doooooomeeeed, AB will not even get a rebound and he won't block a shot. KO will go down as only coaching JC's players to any big wins. This season is a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom