Amida Brimah G League | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah G League

Reaction Score
I saw on Twitter that Brimah's team, the Austin Spurs, are G League Western Conference champions. Best of 3 championship series tips off this weekend. I might try to tune in.

Unrelated to the G League play-offs, check out this video of Amida Brimah blocking Daniel Hamilton a couple weeks ago. Those dudes had great on-court chemistry at UConn, pretty funny to see.

0:23 in the video, if you don't feel like watching full highlights of Brimah's double-double.

Reaction Score
He looks much stronger and his hands are much, much better. I'm happy for him.
He just looks a lot older. And agree his hands look a lot better.
At UConn Brimah left his man too much to help and got burned.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Le

Let the Hurley bashing begin. Ridiculous.

I think that poster has admitted being an "Ollie" fan and not a "UConn" fan -- or at least being more of the former than the latter.

Reaction Score
Here's Bossi's review of Brimah on Yahoo Sports right after he committed to the Huskies in January of 2013. You may recall we were his only offer at the time and the list of schools that were shown to have interest was underwhelming.

"Looking at the class of 2013, there isn't a lot left to choose from for high major programs in search of post players.
At Connecticut, Kevin Ollie and the Huskies have decided to take their chances with Amida Brimah.
A raw 6-foot-10 center out of Miami (Fla.) Archbishop Carroll, Brimah was in Storrs over the weekend and saw enough from the Huskies program to announce his commitment via twitter.
Relatively unknown on the national level, Brimah is a slender big man who runs pretty well. He has a body that should easily carry more weight and although he is a bit of a project on the offensive end, he does do two things pretty well.
First, Brimah blocks shots. He uses either hand to swat shots, is pretty patient through pump fakes and also does a pretty good job of controlling shots he blocks. Second, he plays with a very good motor and is always chasing down rebounds. Sometimes that leads to fouls, but fouls out of aggression in going for rebounds aren't always bad things.
Brimah is UConn's third pledge in the class of 2013 and he joins a class that already includes four-star shot blocker Kentan Faceyand three-star guard Terrence Samuel."

Who knows for sure if Ollie blew it with his and Facey's development, but some responsibility has to fall on the players. We heard every summer he was lifting and would look much stronger that fall and that he was working on his shot, but if he did it didn't look it that fall. Is that on him or on Ollie for possibly not telling him what he expected from Brimah and not keeping a close watch on what Brimah was doing or failing to do in the off season?

Look at his arms now though. Maybe it's because he's not out partying and spends his former study time lifting weights.....

Reaction Score
He couldn’t screen and roll he left early all the time and didn’t roll the right way half the time. He dropped lobs as much as he made the plays. He wasn’t a smart player at all but you guys are “obsessed “ with blaming everything on KO it’s pitiful. Its a damn highlight reel and everyone has an opinion still. Didn’t see the bad plays and decisions he made like he did at UConn.

That was a highlight reel but these are his G league stats (per 36 minutes) : 10.5/11.8/4.1. He was 1st in the league in blocks, he was 7th in defensive rating. His strengths, which pains you to ever acknowledge, will get him a backup roll in the NBA where his deficiencies, which are all you ever talk about, will be minimized by his role plus time. I do not blame his development on KO, he was/is very raw and still needs time to improve. However limited he was his pure athletic ability made him a valuable member of the team while he was here, which is something else you seem unable to admit, although this past year was proof enough for most.

Reaction Score
That was a highlight reel but these are his G league stats (per 36 minutes) : 10.5/11.8/4.1. He was 1st in the league in blocks, he was 7th in defensive rating. His strengths, which pains you to ever acknowledge, will get him a backup roll in the NBA where his deficiencies, which are all you ever talk about, will be minimized by his role plus time. I do not blame his development on KO, he was/is very raw and still needs time to improve. However limited he was his pure athletic ability made him a valuable member of the team while he was here, which is something else you seem unable to admit, although this past year was proof enough for most.

Thanks for the insight. What pains me is why you would bother to quote how much things pain me. I wish him the best he just didn’t get much better here and honestly his deficiencies far outweigh his strengths, does that pain you? I will wait for that NBA back up role and then congratulate him and EBM you at that point.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the insight. What pains me is why you would bother to quote how much things pain me. I wish him the best he just didn’t get much better here and honestly his deficiencies far outweigh his strengths, does that pain you? I will wait for that NBA back up role and then congratulate him and EBM you at that point.
That's the point, his deficiencies didn't outweigh his strengths, except in your perception. He was a net positive player in his time here, although not as positive as I would have hoped for. There is a big difference between "not as good as hoped for" and "not good at all." I will await your congratulations.

Reaction Score
That's the point, his deficiencies didn't outweigh his strengths, except in your perception. He was a net positive player in his time here, although not as positive as I would have hoped for. There is a big difference between "not as good as hoped for" and "not good at all." I will await your congratulations.

Keep waiting ...you have an opinion as do I. I respect yours I really do but I disagree with your conclusion. Big difference between nice kid and nice player.

Reaction Score
This is just my opinion but I always felt that AB didn’t have a clue about how much work he needed to put in if he wanted to play in the NBA. I’m not saying he wasn’t a hard worker in practice. I just felt he didn’t eat, sleep, breathe the game. He’s putting in more time now and probably getting better coaching and advice since he left UConn.

Reaction Score
Brimah, along with the Austin Spurs, won the G League Championship tonight. He’s been a very good player for them, first big off the bench. Apparently he signed for Partizan Belgrade in the Serbian Professional League. I believe they’re a top 3 team in that league, not sure if they compete in the EuroLeague though. Either way, he’ll be making a lot of money over there and hopefully he’ll be back woth the Spurs this summer to make their roster. Couldn’t be more happier for the kid.

Reaction Score
Brimah, along with the Austin Spurs, won the G League Championship tonight. He’s been a very good player for them, first big off the bench. Apparently he signed for Partizan Belgrade in the Serbian Professional League. I believe they’re a top 3 team in that league, not sure if they compete in the EuroLeague though. Either way, he’ll be making a lot of money over there and hopefully he’ll be back woth the Spurs this summer to make their roster. Couldn’t be more happier for the kid.
Partizan has won the EuroLeague in the past, but aren't in it now. Still a nice payday for a few months before summer league

Reaction Score
Hey I have perspective many of you don’t. KO is at fault here because he recruited less than stellar talent. Many of them with low b-ball IQs to top it off.

Brimah would have been a nice big man coming off the bench for a typical UConn team nothing more. He averaged 6/5/2.5 as a Sr even without anyone coaching him he should have been a 12/7/3 guy if he improved at all.

This putting him into position to succeed crap is just whacked. He didn’t understand the game and was rarely where he was supposed to be for 4 years.

Anyway I’m done if KO coached him at all he would’ve been an AA. Lol
Brimah was the conference Defensive Player of the Year as a sophomore. He simply didn't develop, but the talent was there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom