2024 Recruiting: - Amari Williams - Drexel Transfer | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Amari Williams - Drexel Transfer

Reaction Score
Had 12 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 blocks against Nova this year. 2x DPOY in the CAA. Definitely would be a good piece. But basically anyone from the portal is going to be a step down from back to back years of Sanogo and Clingan. We've been truly spoiled with them

Reaction Score
He's an elite rebounder, very good shot blocker, elite foul drawer.

Turnovers are a touch high. Advanced stats aren't overly in love as one might expect based on the rate stats, but he's still in the very good defensive player tier.

Reaction Score
Still would prefer a two year eligibility guy. Think next year we will be extra young. I'd like to build for the following year and one year guys aren't ideal.

Reaction Score
Still would prefer a two year eligibility guy. Think next year we will be extra young. I'd like to build for the following year and one year guys aren't ideal.
This is the new world of college hoops. Everything is all about this year cuz you never know who's coming and who's going.

Reaction Score
Alright, back home, here's what I got on Amari Williams.

The 6'10 265 big from England boasts a 7'5 wingspan and break a CAA record this season after being named the CAA DPOY award for the third time in his career and it's also the second straight season he was named to the CAA's First Team.

Averages 12.2p, 7.8r, 1.9a, 0.8s, 1.8b in 23 minutes per game, so in addition to his defense and post-game, he is an excellent passer from the elbow and the blocks.

Analytically, Williams ranks in the top-65 nationally in offensive rebounding rate (65th), defensive rebounding rate (28th, block rate (39th) and fouls drawn per 40 (23rd). His defensive metrics are off-the-charts too.

He's no Clingan, but he's a damn good Clingan replacement in terms of facsimiles of each other and the role they play. Williams is an exceptional defensive player and has a little more versatility on offense than Clingan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wondering what ripple effect on our current players expected to return next year may occur if we bring in a starter-level big.

Reaction Score

The 6'10 265 big from England boasts a 7'5 wingspan and break a CAA record this season after being named the CAA DPOY award for the third time in his career and it's also the second straight season he was named to the CAA's First Team.

Averages 12.2p, 7.8r, 1.9a, 0.8s, 1.8b in 23 minutes per game, so in addition to his defense and post-game, he is an excellent passer from the elbow and the blocks.

Analytically, Williams ranks in the top-65 nationally in offensive rebounding rate (65th), defensive rebounding rate (28th, block rate (39th) and fouls drawn per 40 (23rd). His defensive metrics are off-the-charts too.

He's no Clingan, but he's a damn good Clingan replacement in terms of facsimiles of each other and the role they play. Williams is an exceptional defensive player and has a little more versatility on offense than Clingan.
I'm sold. This guy is priority numero uno. There will be a plethora of shooters available in the portal. Bigs of this caliber are a rare commodity and may not get much better than this guy

Reaction Score
I'm sold. This guy is priority numero uno. There will be a plethora of shooters available in the portal. Bigs of this caliber are a rare commodity and may not get much better than this guy
Also, there's an added layer of a common thread we've seen from many of our Hurley transfers that relates to Cam Spencer, Tristen Newton, Joey C, Tyrese Martin and RJ Cole:

An under-recruited player out of HS (Williams had only one D1 offer!) who worked his butt off through the years to grow into the player that they are.

Reaction Score
Wondering what ripple effect on our current players expected to return next year may occur if we bring in a starter-level big.
Ostensibly we have starter and backup coming back. So whether it's ripple effects after or expected moves before we bring someone in, having ourselves be connected with guys like Omoruyi and Williams is telling.

Reaction Score

worth prioritizing over Omuruyi? I know someone mentioned he wanted to come here FWIW, which probably isn't much.

Reaction Score
worth prioritizing over Omuruyi? I know someone mentioned he wanted to come here FWIW, which probably isn't much.
When he hit the portal the initial reaction was that he's going to St. John's

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Coach Cal is showing signs of throwing money at Cliff-NIL
Everyone is going to throw money at Cliff. We will likely match or come close, but that won't be the sell. Is Omoruyi our kind of buyer is the ❓. As long as we get one of these two we should be fine.

Reaction Score

And he speaks English!

Reaction Score
Moving on...

My ranking of the other bigs we're interested in:

1a) Wolf
1b) BHH
3) Cliff

Happy with either.

• Angry
Reactions: THC

Online statistics

Members online