Am I cheating? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Am I cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes you've done a horrible thing, I'll need you to turn in your 10 boneyard points at the door on your way out.

Reaction Score
I think most people lurk in any given forum and it's not really a big deal. Personally i find that either someone has posted what i would have more or less written, or i think they will so there isn't a need to post anyway. And when i do get the urge to write a response to something i usually delete it after a few sentences because once i have written out that much i realize i don't care anymore. If it weren't so meta this post would have fallen into that category.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think most people lurk in any given forum and it's not really a big deal. Personally i find that either someone has posted what i would have more or less written, or i think they will so there isn't a need to post anyway. And when i do get the urge to write a response to something i usually delete it after a few sentences because once i have written out that much i realize i don't care anymore. If it weren't so meta this post would have fallen into that category.
The meta is leaking everywhere, I'm starting to feel like I'm on reddit.

Reaction Score
Pepe's
Bidwell Tavern
Newcastle Brown Ale
Dyson's fault
2 smartphones
#hanginginwithandredrummond

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I can't see how anyone could come here and see the wide range of opinions and topics and not post. Even more unbelievable is people who have commented more than 10,000 times over the last 3 years. I came over from the start of this board, am on here constantly, and consider myself quite active and have 'only' 2,000 posts. I think posting is a full-time job for some posters here.

Reaction Score
UCweCONN said:
I can't see how anyone could come here and see the wide range of opinions and topics and not post. Even more unbelievable is people who have commented more than 10,000 times over the last 3 years. I came over from the start of this board, am on here constantly, and consider myself quite active and have 'only' 2,000 posts. I think posting is a full-time job for some posters here.

I'm obviously an active poster - but on the flip side I have a personal Twitter account that has maybe 100 tweets on it in three years (my work account has 20K, but that's another matter). I use Twitter all the time - but just to read, not interact. I imagine lots of folks use the yard that way.

Reaction Score
I'm obviously an active poster - but on the flip side I have a personal Twitter account that has maybe 100 tweets on it in three years (my work account has 20K, but that's another matter). I use Twitter all the time - but just to read, not interact. I imagine lots of folks use the yard that way.
twitter is great for that. its a great hub if you follow the right people. the best 'social network' imo, lots of up to the second updates on literally everything.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The longer I have been here, the less often I feel like posting. The Yard works perfectly well as read-only.

Not sure if it works this way for you, but I have gotten better over time asking myself, "Is this post worth making?" Many get deleted or never typed, which is a contribution to The Boneyard from me. You're welcome! ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm often tempted to jump in, but my ego's too fragile. I have a healthy fear of being bitten by a Fishy or, worse yet, releasing the 'McCracken'.

Not a problem, just consider the source.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
All I'll say is that anyone who's 7-2, 355 lbs. and wanst to punch people in the throat is ok by me.

Reaction Score
I was really hoping this was a "accidentally kissed a coworker at a party" thread and the poor schmuck was at a moral cross road.

Yeah imagine coming to the 'Yard if in a situation like that? Wow can you imagine the replies and advice that person would get? LOL :eek:

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Something like that happened to me. At my last office party, about 25 years ago (I've worked on my own since) one of the prettier female workers kissed me, passionately. My husband, were a same-sex couple, was aghast, and the office gossip was too much for me.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Something like that happened to me. At my last office party, about 25 years ago (I've worked on my own since) one of the prettier female workers kissed me, passionately. My husband, were a same-sex couple, was aghast, and the office gossip was too much for me.
Since this is the internet, I'm torn as to whether or not I should believe this story. I want it to be true though, so I choose to believe it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
mets1090 said:
Since this is the internet, I'm torn as to whether or not I should believe this story. I want it to be true though, so I choose to believe it.

That's what makes it an A+ post. It is brilliant either way.

Reaction Score
I was really hoping this was a "accidentally kissed a coworker at a party" thread and the poor schmuck was at a moral cross road.

So, we really need to know more about his history to zero in on the source(s) of his guilt and confessional tone!

Reaction Score
I read your posts, but I almost never post anything. Is that cheating? When I read the boneyard several times a day, do I then have a responsibility to post more than a few times a year?
The Board does confession too, so if you rather do it here then in the local church you are always welcome.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I confess. I read and don't post. I begin to understand who you are, without in return giving you the ability to understand who I am. I absorb your bball knowledge and insight (or, in some cases, lack of insight) without giving you my insight (and I do have some, gathered after 50 years of playing and watching basketball). I am guilty of lack of social exchanges. As punishment, I will continue to live deep in the Oregon woods, far from most UConn fans.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No. Most of us who are regular posters should post less. Some of us should not post at all.
But being proud of being fron Ansonia.......?

Just kidding. I grew up in Staven.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I confess. I read and don't post. I begin to understand who you are, without in return giving you the ability to understand who I am. I absorb your bball knowledge and insight (or, in some cases, lack of insight) without giving you my insight (and I do have some, gathered after 50 years of playing and watching basketball). I am guilty of lack of social exchanges. As punishment, I will continue to live deep in the Oregon woods, far from most UConn fans.
Okay, say after me: "My name is borninansonia. I am a Boneyard lurker. I take and take from the oh so generous, kind, and brilliant regular posters who just keep on giving."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom