Almost unnoticed, Diaco called UConn "the dregs" | The Boneyard

Almost unnoticed, Diaco called UConn "the dregs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This really bothered me coming from a guy who has done nothing in three years. Hell, his record is WORST than Pasqualoni's.

He's talking about a program that was second fastest in history from going 1AA to the top 25. A program that won two BE Championships in their short stint there. A program that played in a BCS Bowl game. A program that produces NFL players virtually ever year and often multiple NFL players per year.

But according to him we completely sucked until he showed up and led us to 2-10. The worst record we have produced at the FBS level. That was the dregs and Diaco brought us there. He didn't bring "this team back from the dregs to play in a bowl game." He brought us down into the dregs. And beat his chest about changing the culture.

For my money, the dregs were a lot better than what this guy has done.

Reaction Score
This really bothered me coming from a guy who has done nothing in three years. Hell, his record is WORST than Pasqualoni's.

He's talking about a program that was second fastest in history from going 1AA to the top 25. A program that won two BE Championships in their short stint there. A program that played in a BCS Bowl game. A program that produces NFL players virtually ever year and often multiple NFL players per year.

But according to him we completely sucked until he showed up and led us to 2-10. The worst record we have produced at the FBS level. That was the dregs and Diaco brought us there. He didn't bring "this team back from the dregs to play in a bowl game." He brought us down into the dregs. And beat his chest about changing the culture.

*"WORSE"

Pasqualoni went 10-18 (.357)
Diaco is 11-26 (.297)

You're absolutely correct that he's been worse than Pasqualoni. The most important aspect of the culture that he failed to change is that of a LOSING one.

Reaction Score
He's friggin weird and SUCKS as a coach. I disagree with people who think he should be a DC somewhere. He should at most teach yoga or Pilates at a YWCA far far far from here. We will rise up and destroy all those who mocked us. I love monster energy drinks btw 5th one down the hatch. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
When did he say this by the way ?

I don't think Warde could have hired a worst coach. This guy checks zero boxes on good coaching. Strategy, recruiting, game planning for an opponent. the mother effer still can't get plays in on time consistently. Can't keep track of what down it is on the goal line. Throws other players and coaches under the bus.

Did I miss anything.

Reaction Score
When did he say this by the way ?

I don't think Warde could have hired a worst coach. This guy checks zero boxes on good coaching. Strategy, recruiting, game planning for an opponent. the mother effer still can't get plays in on time consistently. Can't keep track of what down it is on the goal line. Throws other players and coaches under the bus.

Did I miss anything.
No, unless you don' t count press conferences that makes one wonder if he is having residual LSD flashbacks. I'm sure he's a fine person, just not a good head coach at this point in time. May be time for him to listen to that little voice in his head. It's usually right.

Reaction Score

Who were the other HC candidates that Warde and Susan interviewed before finally settling on Bobby Boy?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He is way worse than Pasqualoni yet will return for year 4.
#ThisisonBenedictnow

Reaction Score
I still don't know how they beat Houston last year, I guess they can't play in the cold

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wonder what Warde would say about Bobby now?
"HA HA HA
I'm in Michigan and BD is still with you
Merry Christmas UConn"

I hope he chokes at the salad bar - a place he never visits

Reaction Score
" A confluence of miracles"

I like that...has dramatic quality....a great title.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
red pants, that's all you need to know

the dude should be coaching the cheer squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics