Allisha Gray to South Carolina | The Boneyard

Allisha Gray to South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tweet from David Clonniger South Carolina Beat Reporter

Quite a day for Dawn Staley. New contract, and her third ACC transfer -- North Carolina's Allisha Gray is coming to Columbia.

South Carolina is now loaded for the Future. Presuming no transfers from South Carolina have to consider them the favorites for National Championship in 2016/2017 Season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
South Carolina is potentially terrifying in 15-16 if Staley can make all the pieces fit together properly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tweet from David Clonniger South Carolina Beat Reporter

Quite a day for Dawn Staley. New contract, and her third ACC transfer -- North Carolina's Allisha Gray is coming to Columbia.

South Carolina is now loaded for the Future. Presuming no transfers from South Carolina have to consider them the favorites for National Championship in 2016/2017 Season.

PG ????

Reaction Score
While Lexie Brown, Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray are all excellent players, I still think the kid with the potential to have the greatest impact as a transfer (if she, too, decides to move on) will be Stephanie Mavunga (14 ppg, 10 rpg, 3 blocks per). And with teammates Washington, Gray (and Deshields) abandoning the sinking UNC shipwreck, I don't think Stephanie's departure will be far behind. Mavunga is a beast inside with a great motor, plays solid defense, scores enough and is a team-first player. If Geno isn't optimistic about signing Cox or McCoy, I would absolutely love to see him go after Mavunga.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
...South Carolina is now loaded for the Future. Presuming no transfers from South Carolina have to consider them the favorites for National Championship in 2016/2017 Season.
South Carolina is potentially terrifying in 15-16 if Staley can make all the pieces fit together properly.

Charlie Creme ‏@CharlieCreme 36 minutes ago
Next year a UCONN-SC battle will be fun. After that it might just be a Gamecocks world with everyone else just watching.

The best "talent" doesn't always make for the best "team." UConn WBB has plenty of both...and the best coaches. When all is said and done, I'll take the team from Storrs. :)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I know Cuevas is the PG... just ??? whether she will be good enough to lead them to a championship. It will be interesting to see how much improved she is in her sophomore campaign. She has ability without a doubt...

With all of that talent around her (Gray, Davis, Wilson and Coates) she simply just has to distribute the ball... and if she's not capable then we also have Colley who will be a 20 year old frosh with tons of international experience as a PG. We'll be okay at PG I think..

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Obviously, I meant 16-17 in my initial post...when Gray and Davis will actually be eligible. Who can be bothered to remember what year it is?

And for clarification, UConn is terrifying ever year and if I had to bet my (modest) life savings on the 16-17 national championship, I'd still pick UConn. But I'd be nervous about it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
With all of that talent around her (Gray, Davis, Wilson and Coates) she simply just has to distribute the ball... and if she's not capable then we also have Colley who will be a 20 year old frosh with tons of international experience as a PG. We'll be okay at PG I think..

Well congratulations on the transfer....

but remember....... your state still is Little Carolina ;):cool::D:rolleyes::p:)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Nice pick up for Dawn.

Having seen both of them play, Gray is the better get for Staley than Davis IMO.

May have to have some egos checked but I'm sure Staley can do that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Obviously, I meant 16-17 in my initial post...when Gray and Davis will actually be eligible. Who can be bothered to remember what year it is?

And for clarification, UConn is terrifying ever year and if I had to bet my (modest) life savings on the 16-17 national championship, I'd still pick UConn. But I'd be nervous about it.

I still consider ND the favorite for the 16-17 championship.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme ‏@CharlieCreme 36 minutes ago
Next year a UCONN-SC battle will be fun. After that it might just be a Gamecocks world with everyone else just watching.

The best "talent" doesn't always make for the best "team." UConn WBB has plenty of both...and the best coaches. When all is said and done, I'll take the team from Storrs. :)
It won't be any more fun than this last years game.

I still consider ND the favorite for the 16-17 championship.
Agreed, but S Carolina is getting close that year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, I think UConn is the clear preseason favorite in 2015-16. I do see the 2016-17 Husky rotation as being nasty: Tuck, Nurse, Butler, Collier Samuelson, Boykin, Williams, Ekmark, Chong, Dangerfield, Irwin, Bent. That's a very deep and stout squad.

A lot will come down to how much UConn's kids progress over the next 17 months versus ND's. I'm especially interested to see what Turner and Muffet's excellent 2015 recruiting class do...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, I think UConn is the clear preseason favorite in 2015-16. I do see the 2016-17 Husky rotation as being nasty: Tuck, Nurse, Butler, Collier Samuelson, Boykin, Williams, Ekmark, Chong, Dangerfield, Irwin, Bent. That's a very deep and stout squad.

A lot will come down to how much UConn's kids progress over the next 17 months versus ND's. I'm especially interested to see what Turner and Muffet's excellent 2015 recruiting class do...
Stout?

Reaction Score
In a span of 2 years, SC is losing Ibiam, Dozier, Tiffany Mitchell, Tina Roy, Welch, Sessions, and Olivia Gaines. That's a lot of production lost and it has to be made up somewhere.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
And your point? Not sure if you are saying I'm being proud or haughty, or both. But if that was your point, I certainly have a comment for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom