Allie Ziebell vs. Ashlynn Shade | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Allie Ziebell vs. Ashlynn Shade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What makes you think she's that good? Not disagreeing - I've seen videos and what not - certainly to me a top 10 kid, but not knowing what other talent is in that class, top 5?
Leadership, can post up, shoot 3's and play point. She is excellent in all phases of the game. A bigger Sabrina Ionescu. She is more advance than Sabrina at this stage.

Reaction Score
Leadership, can post up, shoot 3's and play point. She is excellent in all phases of the game. A bigger Sabrina Ionescu. She is more advance than Sabrina at this stage.
At 6'2" Morgan would be a huge PG. She has effectively been playing PG for Mitty this season. I wonder if she has the quickness for the position at D1. She reminds me of a quicker Caroline, but that doesn't mean she's quick enough.

Reaction Score
At 6'2" Morgan would be a huge PG. She has effectively been playing PG for Mitty this season. I wonder if she has the quickness for the position at D1. She reminds me of a quicker Caroline, but that doesn't mean she's quick enough.
Cheli could play PG at a lot of top 25 schools. Her quickness is adequate while her passing, ballhandling, and leadership/smarts are excellent. She's a much different player than Ducharme, a better passer, ballhandler, and rebounder. Plus a much better defender. She won't be needed as a PG at UConn but could easily play it in case of injuries.

Reaction Score
When? You really think we have a shot this year? No way. Next year? depends who leaves. But UCONN fans have been spoiled and NC or bust is pretty much what they expect every year. It's time to start adjusting expectations. Getting in the top 10 and a nice run in the NCAA's is as good as it gets in the near future.

And by the way, should we win this year, bring this post back and not only will I eat crow, but humble pie as well!!! ;)
EricLA- - -If we could just stay healthy for a full season + we will have enough talent to win a National Championship or 2!
Talent isn't the issue but health is!

Reaction Score
Or, have a " short" (hah, 6' 2"), Sarah Strong decide to come to Storrs. Go HUSKIES! COME, SARAH!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
There is no Shade vs Ziebell. If Aubrey moves on, Nika moves on, and if Caroline cannot come back, we will need all the guards we have. KK, Ashlynn, Azzi, Allie, Morgan, and Paige, if she comes back. Even if we encounter injuries, we should have enough to carry on our excellent play. Yes, we will have front court players, but as we have seen with Amari and Ice, it may take time for them to "get it", thus getting an experienced "Big" from the portal to play and help the youngsters develop should be a priority. Get Brink from Stanford, LOL, or somebody with her experience and talent. If Van Lith can leave Louisville, there may be another great player available if UConn jumps on it right away. You never know who will want a different opportunity, so we must be aware of who wants to have a chance at a NC and the chance to play at UConn.

Reaction Score
That is some high praise, being more advanced than Sabrina? I hope so but we shall see.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
When? You really think we have a shot this year? No way. Next year? depends who leaves. But UCONN fans have been spoiled and NC or bust is pretty much what they expect every year. It's time to start adjusting expectations. Getting in the top 10 and a nice run in the NCAA's is as good as it gets in the near future.

And by the way, should we win this year, bring this post back and not only will I eat crow, but humble pie as well!!! ;)
LSU won this year. There are a lot of teams that might win. . . Just depend how things fall. :)

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Don't get the Allie vs Ash.
As a freshman Ash is physically developed to play. Obviously getting minutes on the floor. And will be 1 1/2 years ahead of Allie when Allie arrives.

Geno will start freshman. However, I think freshman starting is due to need(injuries) unless the freshman is a Paige level talent.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't get the Allie vs Ash.
As a freshman Ash is physically developed to play. Obviously getting minutes on the floor. And will be 1 1/2 years ahead of Allie when Allie arrives.

Geno will start freshman. However, I think freshman starting is due to need(injuries) unless the freshman is a Paige level talent.
Yes, it's apples and oranges.. He recognizes that I think with the time machine DeLorean reference.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
? Ionescu smashed the record for wcbb triple doubles with 26. For context Clark has 11 and A. Thomas has 6. Are we to expect her to be advanced enough to break Ionescu’s seemingly untouchable “all phases” record?

Reaction Score
? Ionescu smashed the record for wcbb triple doubles with 26. For context Clark has 11 and A. Thomas has 6. Are we to expect her to be advanced enough to break Ionescu’s seemingly untouchable “all phases” record?
Don't know how Morgan will fare in college, but we can compare. HS records. As far as I know, Sabrina has never won a title or championship in HS.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Don't know how Morgan will fare in college, but we can compare. HS records. As far as I know, Sabrina has never won a title or championship in HS.
You just moved the goalpost from what I responded to.

Reaction Score
You just moved the goalpost from what I responded to.
Goalposts were not moved. You guys are talking about 2 different things. "At this stage", which I interpret to mean high school and you mentioned WCBB. Guess what? Maybe you're both right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom