Alleyne appreciation thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alleyne appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For some reason it took him longer then the other newbies to get acclimated. He is living up to what we expected. He is playing lighter and shooting like he is a man who has run out of bricks.

Reaction Score
For some reason it took him longer then the other newbies to get acclimated. He is living up to what we expected. He is playing lighter and shooting like he is a man who has run out of bricks.
very much so. It's not just that he is making shots, which is always good, but now he is making 3s off the dribble. It's easy to see his body language exudes confidence. The guy can fill it up as seen in this 1st rd in the 2021 NCAAT:

Reaction Score
When the defenses collapse on our bigs he should always be an option for those easy midranges. He got Clingan at least one assist this way vs STJ

Reaction Score
Nice to see him excelling and he stepped up his game just in time. Hope he returns next year to elevate his game even further.

Reaction Score
We will need him badly. He is strong enough to handle some of the Arkansas athletic mismatches.
Agree.. And he's one of our guards who has the ability to get his own shot if offensive sets break down or get blown up.. He's showing the staff that Dan's confidence in him over the course of season is paying dividends.. All good and at the right time..

Edit: Not as reliant on catch and shoot as some of our other guards/wings.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Agree.. And he's one of our guards who has the ability to get his own shot if offensive sets break down or get blown up.. He's showing the staff that Dan's confidence in him over the course of season is paying dividends.. All good and at the right time..

Edit: Not as reliant on catch and shoot as some of our other guards/wings.

He is an asset offensively, just need to stay within himself, I like him being aggressive, but just needs to limit early shot clock aggressiveness.

He is a huge asset defensively in certain matchups. This will be one of them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know my brain is gradually turning in to mush, but do I seem to recall Alleyne even playing some PG and running the offense the past few games?

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
His shot has been money for the last few weeks. Really important to have that with Joey C. being so erratic.

Reaction Score
His shot has been money for the last few weeks. Really important to have that with Joey C. being so erratic.
Joey is 16/31 from 3 since he didn't get into the Seton Hall game. We're 8-1 in that stretch. It's kinda wild to track our season based on our 9th man, but it lines up pretty well...

Reaction Score
Love Alleyne. He really came into his own during the second half of the season after a slow start initially, would be awesome to have him back next year.

Reaction Score
Joey is 16/31 from 3 since he didn't get into the Seton Hall game. We're 8-1 in that stretch. It's kinda wild to track our season based on our 9th man, but it lines up pretty well...
Ok I'm wrong on Joey C( I see 21-54 since Seton Hall) but it just seems to be in a funk the last few games since Marquette while Alleyne has been more consistent plus Joey C is not great on D like Alleyne is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I want Alleyne and Newton back next season. They are both very good at the roles they are asked to do. That 3 pointer Alleyne hit to put us back up 25 points was the ultimate dagger. Arkansas had cut it to 19 and then back to back Hawkins and Alleyne 3’s took every last bit of hope they had and squashed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom