All the visitors Sunday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

All the visitors Sunday

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is that allowed?:oops:

Yes. Just can't organize a meeting specifically for recruit to meet Ray for recruiting purposes. Or have Ray contact them. Since Ray is at the school for obvious reasons, they are allowed to 'fraternize'.

Anyone could go and see him today. Anyone is allowed to go up and talk to him.

Reaction Score
Their positive comments and the unbelievably supportive remarks by Ray should have made a great impression on anyone (like the recruits) that were in the building as well as those watching on TV.

Ray made it about UConn and not a focus on him as so often happens with other players in such ceremonies. Showed just how thoughtful a man he is about what the school meant for him and it was great he mentioned Donyell, Donny and Kevin.

Hurley could not have wished for a more positive endorsement about UConn and what it meant to Ray's life (and by extension those of all UConn players) than that provided by Ray. And it wasn't just a passing reference, it was repeated several times. Yes!!!

Outstanding post. Way to go.

Reaction Score
Heard from a member of the Development Office hierarchy last week that the game was a near sellout and UConn had to be disappointed that there were 1033 unsold seats. Hard to believe more people didn't come out to see and hear Ray Allen and witness the ceremony and if they had the whole day would have been even more impressive for the "visitors".

Reaction Score
I was at the game today, as well as last week vs Cincy. I thought the crowd was a lot louder for the Cincy game. Gampel was definitely energetic today, especially the last 5 minutes. I just think the crowd needs a little time to wake up so to speak with these noon start times.

Reaction Score
If Kobe stays for tomorrow too, it's a full on lube session for UConn basketball tomorrow.
Might as well get Morgan Freeman and the Pope at Gampel too.
Skip the pope. We don’t need any funny business.

Reaction Score
I was at the game today, as well as last week vs Cincy. I thought the crowd was a lot louder for the Cincy game. Gampel was definitely energetic today, especially the last 5 minutes. I just think the crowd needs a little time to wake up so to speak with these noon start times.

The time was probably a factor, but it was mostly the game i think. Terrible shooting, and USF plays such a slow grind it out style it puts you to sleep. No 16-0 run to erase a 15 point deficit in thisone

C

Chief00

Heard from a member of the Development Office hierarchy last week that the game was a near sellout and UConn had to be disappointed that there were 1033 unsold seats. Hard to believe more people didn't come out to see and hear Ray Allen and witness the ceremony and if they had the whole day would have been even more impressive for the "visitors".
Ray was superb. I actually saw him shaking hands with all the fans on the way to the CBS telecast guys except for Chief - LOL - which was fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Lets hope its our time, UConn has so much history: ray and recruits and Hurley (with a bit of Calhoun always around). It's a precious time to get the big cats in here to roar again. Bouknight , Gaffney, and Akok are absolutely wonderful - its time for 1 or 2 more names to join the tradition.

Reaction Score
Ray was superb. I actually saw him shocking hands with all the fans on the way to the CBS telecast guys except for Chief - LOL - which was fine.

@Chief00 feeling like u got bullied?
228FB5D6-0F20-4EB3-B500-971044AA6752.gif

Reaction Score
For 2020 give me Matt Cross, Cliff Omoruyi, and one of Cam Thomas/Andre Jackson.

C

Chief00

Probably still p’d at you for beating him in a game of horse. You know how competitive Ray is
LOL - When he pointed - he said a golf course - that’s it. Which means he will beat my butt there this summer. Quite frankly, on a serious note it’s wonderful seeing Ray being utilized the right way. Like in so much else, KO had the right instinct to utilize him, but the execution was flawed.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget Chief’s guy Springs.

Only so many schollies for 20....I like Springs but not over the ones I listed. Matt Cross is a must get for me. Not saying I want him to be our highest ranked recruit but he would be a perfect fit. The kid epitomizes Hurley’s style of play.

Reaction Score
Guys like Springs, Collier, Langford, and Diarra are all in our recruiting wheelhouse, and guys we don’t really have to fear blue bloods swooping in last minute for. With that being said Cam Thomas, Jackson and Omuruyi are immediate high impact players

Completely agree. I think Omuruyi and Thomas/Jackson should be priorities but what do I know. Those two with Matt Cross and I’m very happy.

Reaction Score
Yes. Just can't organize a meeting specifically for recruit to meet Ray for recruiting purposes. Or have Ray contact them. Since Ray is at the school for obvious reasons, they are allowed to 'fraternize'.

Anyone could go and see him today. Anyone is allowed to go up and talk to him.

No worries Merv. KO didn't know that either.

C

Chief00

Not sure what to make about #notcommitted yet. It’s a new thing and makes me feel uncomfortable.

Suffice to say it’s probably not a good sign, yet not unexpected. Historically, this would be a very early commitment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom