All-American Teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All-American Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nope, not even close in rebounds ( Aaliyah 258, Paige 129) and assists ( Nika 178, Paige 109) but just 2 behind KK in steals (KK 64, Paige 62) as of today. At the time of the post, KK was one ahead (before the Creighton game - in that game KK had 3 and Paige had 2).

But even without inflating her stats I think Paige is very deserving, as is Aaliyah - hoping the voters agree!
not my point, but ok

This is exactly why lurkers are afraid to post. They’re terrified of being wrong and being pounced upon, in their view.

Reaction Score
not my point, but ok

This is exactly why lurkers are afraid to post. They’re terrified of being wrong and being pounced upon, in their view.
Corrections should be accepted with Grace and Humility... in life and on the BONEYARD!
But sometimes it feels like a 'Pounce" and a "Gotcha". But that is the way it is... I don't write the script!

Reaction Score
not my point, but ok

If my2cents was a lurker or new poster I would not have responded as I did. He/she has been a member since 2017 and has posted twice as many times as I have so...

As I was typing saw my2cents clarification post above. Got it. Apologies, if you were offended.

Reaction Score
First Team: Caitlin Clark, Kamilla Cardoso, Cameron Brink, JuJu Watkins and Lauren Betts
Second Team: Hannah Hidalgo, Alissa Pili, Elizabeth Kitley, Paige Bueckers and Aneesah Morrow
Third Team: Angel Reese, Aaliyah Edwards, Georgia Amoore, Dyashia Fair, Rickea Jackson

Honorable Mention: Raegan Beers, Ta'Niya Latson, Kiki Iriafen, Hannah Steulke, and Te'Hina Pao Pao

Defensive Player of the Year: Cameron Brink
Player of the Year: Caitlin Clark (all awards, everywhere)
Freshman of the Year: Juju Watkins

Naismith Starting 5
Nancy Lieberman Award: Caitlin Clark
Ann Meyers Drysdale Award: Juju Watkins or Paige Bueckers
Cheryl Miller Award: Rickea Jackson
Katrina Mcclain Award: Alissa Pili or Aaliyah Edwards
Lisa Leslie Award: Kamilla Cardoso
Not sure why Betts or Cardoso would be on the first team? There are several players that deserve that slot more than them!

Reaction Score
Not sure why Betts or Cardoso would be on the first team? There are several players that deserve that slot more than them!
Cuanago- - I've learned through these many years that deserving and getting don't sink in with the talking suits that vote for AA! Just press clippings!

Reaction Score
First Team: Caitlin Clark, Kamilla Cardoso, Cameron Brink, JuJu Watkins and Lauren Betts
Second Team: Hannah Hidalgo, Alissa Pili, Elizabeth Kitley, Paige Bueckers and Aneesah Morrow
Third Team: Angel Reese, Aaliyah Edwards, Georgia Amoore, Dyashia Fair, Rickea Jackson

Honorable Mention: Raegan Beers, Ta'Niya Latson, Kiki Iriafen, Hannah Steulke, and Te'Hina Pao Pao

Defensive Player of the Year: Cameron Brink
Player of the Year: Caitlin Clark (all awards, everywhere)
Freshman of the Year: Juju Watkins

Naismith Starting 5
Nancy Lieberman Award: Caitlin Clark
Ann Meyers Drysdale Award: Juju Watkins or Paige Bueckers
Cheryl Miller Award: Rickea Jackson
Katrina Mcclain Award: Alissa Pili or Aaliyah Edwards
Lisa Leslie Award: Kamilla Cardoso
I think it is highly unlikely that the first team will have 3 centers.

Reaction Score
First I think Paige will be first team on most lists, but the question is probably more important for Aaliyah. The Huskies of Honor designation to get on the wall is very specific,. first team All American. The WBCA team that From France refers to is often the deciding factor because their first team contains 10 players, making it the easiest path to qualify.

This is likely Aaliyah's last chance, and I think the first 5 is probably out of reach, as I think Clark, Brink, Bueckers, Hildago and Watkins are the most probable first five. Just considering the bigs Aaliyah will still be competing with the likes of Cardoso, Reese, Lee, Pili, Morrow, Kitley etc. so it won't be easy, but she is in the hunt.
At her position, AE is not a first team AA.

Reaction Score
not my point, but ok

It would take under 5 min to go to the UConn season stats and look before you post incorrect stats. This poster wasn't very terrified or else they would have checked their facts first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom