All-American Teams | The Boneyard

All-American Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the Women’s Board they have a thread of end of year awards. I think that we should have our own. They say that Paige is a lock for First Team. As much as I would like for that to happen I believe it will not. The MVP on the UConn team is going to be Aaliyah Edwards. She has been huge over the past two months. And, she shows no sign of slowing down. Plus, her double doubles are adding up. Maybe Paige will be be a second or third team depending on who the presenter is.

Reaction Score
First I think Paige will be first team on most lists, but the question is probably more important for Aaliyah. The Huskies of Honor designation to get on the wall is very specific,. first team All American. The WBCA team that From France refers to is often the deciding factor because their first team contains 10 players, making it the easiest path to qualify.

This is likely Aaliyah's last chance, and I think the first 5 is probably out of reach, as I think Clark, Brink, Bueckers, Hildago and Watkins are the most probable first five. Just considering the bigs Aaliyah will still be competing with the likes of Cardoso, Reese, Lee, Pili, Morrow, Kitley etc. so it won't be easy, but she is in the hunt.

Reaction Score
I love AE, but Paige is the mvp. Playing out of position and still getting it done in exemplary fashion. Reminds me a bit of how Phee lifted her team while playing out of position in a steady, efficient and unselfish way. Team player and team leader.

Reaction Score
Nothing against AE, but Paige does way more on the court. She leads the team in blocks, scores, rebounds, steals, assts...our MVP and AA.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Aaliyah is a monster, alone out there by herself, bruising the entire game. She will make a great 4 at the pro level, and with the year she has had, she deserves it. Paige will make the 10 list, but the first team/second team list may be harder based on the new influx of talent.

Reaction Score
IMHO both Paige and Aaliyah will make most All-American lists because of how together they kept UConn afloat/competitive with the 5 players out for the season!

Reaction Score
First Team: Caitlin Clark, Kamilla Cardoso, Cameron Brink, JuJu Watkins and Lauren Betts
Second Team: Hannah Hidalgo, Alissa Pili, Elizabeth Kitley, Paige Bueckers and Aneesah Morrow
Third Team: Angel Reese, Aaliyah Edwards, Georgia Amoore, Dyashia Fair, Rickea Jackson

Honorable Mention: Raegan Beers, Ta'Niya Latson, Kiki Iriafen, Hannah Steulke, and Te'Hina Pao Pao

Defensive Player of the Year: Cameron Brink
Player of the Year: Caitlin Clark (all awards, everywhere)
Freshman of the Year: Juju Watkins

Naismith Starting 5
Nancy Lieberman Award: Caitlin Clark
Ann Meyers Drysdale Award: Juju Watkins or Paige Bueckers
Cheryl Miller Award: Rickea Jackson
Katrina Mcclain Award: Alissa Pili or Aaliyah Edwards
Lisa Leslie Award: Kamilla Cardoso

Reaction Score
To be an All American you have to be a media darling too. Paige has that going for her and she is an all around great player and when it comes down to it that will be the difference. AE is having a solid year but to me she isn't going to be recognized as one of the best post players in the country when there are so many real post players that are playing great ball too.

To me when Geno decided to go with 4 guards he really hurt a couple players and their quest to be All Americans and they just happen to be the teams two best players. Both of them have played much of the year out of position out of necessity which helped the team, even their draft stock, but I think it will hurt on the awards.

Reaction Score
Paige is going to make AA and it isn't just on narrative. She is producing excellent numbers across the board, points rebounds assists fg% 3pt%. Steals, Blocks all around outstanding defense. And all of this while playing out of position. But it is also so much more, especially in the WBCA: outstanding leadership, the glue that holds the team together and outstanding character.

Reaction Score
First Team: Caitlin Clark, Kamilla Cardoso, Cameron Brink, JuJu Watkins and Lauren Betts
Second Team: Hannah Hidalgo, Alissa Pili, Elizabeth Kitley, Paige Bueckers and Aneesah Morrow
Third Team: Angel Reese, Aaliyah Edwards, Georgia Amoore, Dyashia Fair, Rickea Jackson

Honorable Mention: Raegan Beers, Ta'Niya Latson, Kiki Iriafen, Hannah Steulke, and Te'Hina Pao Pao

Defensive Player of the Year: Cameron Brink
Player of the Year: Caitlin Clark (all awards, everywhere)
Freshman of the Year: Juju Watkins

Naismith Starting 5
Nancy Lieberman Award: Caitlin Clark
Ann Meyers Drysdale Award: Juju Watkins or Paige Bueckers
Cheryl Miller Award: Rickea Jackson
Katrina Mcclain Award: Alissa Pili or Aaliyah Edwards
Lisa Leslie Award: Kamilla Cardoso
Mackenzie Holmes goes from 2022-2023 1st team to nothing? Gimme a break.

Reaction Score
It may have been correct at the time it was posted.
Nope, not even close in rebounds ( Aaliyah 258, Paige 129) and assists ( Nika 178, Paige 109) but just 2 behind KK in steals (KK 64, Paige 62) as of today. At the time of the post, KK was one ahead (before the Creighton game - in that game KK had 3 and Paige had 2).

But even without inflating her stats I think Paige is very deserving, as is Aaliyah - hoping the voters agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom