Alive and well | The Boneyard

Alive and well

Reaction Score
Hi Yard.

I am not, notEwekon.

All apologies and the story.

90 +/- minutes before "party time" on game one FF day, my 5 year old grandson, son in law and myself here in Houston went out for some last minute decorations. While driving my daughter's Honda Fit, we were huge time slammed by a full pay load semi that turned out to be mechanically out of control.

The 3 of us and truck driver are healed (healing) and will be ab fab sooner than later. For those familiar, corner of Westheimer and Dunlavy.

None of the 3 of us remembers anything. All unconscious for a long time. Broken, bruised, punctured dislocated, concussed and so on. No one will be needing any kind of wheelchair etc. Amazing.

To the dozens of wonderful people at Texas Medical Center, you do God's work as this was "supposed" to involve fatalities.

Nope.

For a time my daughter thought she lost her son, husband and father in a matter of seconds. Think about that one.

Family services at TMC were true Florence Nightingales. Kind doesn't come close. Thank you all.

It has taken me a while to wrap my arms around all this. So...
.. my first post in a while. Lots and lots of quiet time since April.

Who won, anyway?

To those that headed over, my apologies. Really. Food was donated to a children's charity
Rocks were saved for current consumption.

I could go on and get all mushy; but enough of me was physically mushy for quite awhile.

Not sharing photos, so no Chief's Briefs on this one. It is all on record if you must.

I am posting this and then going back to read the wippin' I am sure I took.

This is the Boneyard. No room for lame - O accidents. I stand accused and I'm sure convicted.

I missed you collective idiots a lot. Really.

On to #6

Dan

PS. The driver is now part of the family. Truck went haywire and he is a man's man. At our urging just leaving conclusion as mechanical breakdown, which it was for certain.

Lawyers will be making a lot of money on this one fer sher.

Reaction Score
Glad you have come out of this with your lives and wish you well.
Why wife and I were in a 5 car and motorcycle pile up on I75 in Florida over a year ago. A semi hit a car and spun it out of control triggering the pile up and then took off causing the chain reaction. Most everyone uninjured but the bike guy who hurt his leg is now suing everyone because he found a lawyer to do it.
Here’s what I learned. Insurance company lawyers will be in this for years making huge amounts of money. All of our auto rates reflect this.
The championship is small consolation I know.

Reaction Score
Hi Yard.

I am not, notEwekon.

90 +/- minutes before "party time" on game one FF day, my 5 year old grandson, son in law and myself here in Houston went out for some last minute decorations. While driving my daughter's Honda Fit, we were huge time slammed by a full pay load semi that turned out to be mechanically out of control.

The 3 of us and truck driver are healed (healing) and will be ab fab sooner than later. For those familiar, corner of Westheimer and Dunlavy.

None of the 3 of us remembers anything. All unconscious for a long time. Broken, bruised, punctured dislocated, concussed and so on. No one will be needing any kind of wheelchair etc. Amazing.

To the dozens of wonderful people at Texas Medical Center, you do God's work as this was "supposed" to involve fatalities.

Nope.

For a time my daughter thought she lost her son, husband and father in a matter of seconds. Think about that one.

Family services at TMC were true Florence Nightingales. Kind doesn't come close. Thank you all.

Who won, anyway?

To those that headed over, my apologies. Really. Food was donated to a children's charity

I could go on and get all mushy; but enough of me was physically mushy for quite awhile.

Not sharing photos, so no Chief's Briefs on this one. It is all on record if you must.

This is the Boneyard. No room for lame - O accidents. I stand accused and I'm sure convicted.

On to #6

Dan

PS. The driver is now part of the family. Truck went haywire and he is a man's man. At our urging just leaving conclusion as mechanical breakdown, which it was for certain.

Surviving that was a more important win than the natty. Wow. Glad to have you back!

Reaction Score
Dan, glad to hear you, your son-in-law and grandson have recovered. I can’t even visualize a little Honda Fit vs a tractor trailer. It’s also terrifying to imagine a big rig barreling down Westheimer. If there’s a bright spot here, you were injured in a city with some of the best medical professionals, support staffs and facilities in the world. Great to have you back, and hope your collective recoveries continue speedily and fully.

Reaction Score
Hi Yard.

I am not, notEwekon.

Nope.

Who won, anyway?

On to #6

Dan

Amazing indeed. Glad you are all here. This is obviously fantastic for your family but also Boneyard lore for the ages

Reaction Score
Welcome back and very happy to hear all are in recovery. Get well, stay well and enjoy #6!

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Wow, glad to hear you are OK in the end. Go back and enjoy the championship run if you haven't!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hi Yard.

I am not, notEwekon.

Nope.

Who won, anyway?

On to #6

Dan

So, are you endorsing the safety of being in a Honda Fit?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hi Yard.

I am not, notEwekon.

Nope.

Who won, anyway?

On to #6

Dan

Hm GIF by MOODMAN

Fine. I believe you. Welcome back!

(You had me at...
"I missed you collective idiots a lot. Really.")

Reaction Score
That's terrifying. Glad everyone is okay in the long run and a good way to look at it is you made a new friend/part of the family out of it with the truck driver.

Reaction Score
I wish you waited until the eve of the national championship in April to reveal the story. Good mojo. Glad everyone's healing.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
MrsRI was enthralled when I showed her this and the original party thread from back in March.

She is skeptical though and is checking for accident reports online right now to verify. She is a big DB Cooper fan.

Regardless welcome back Dan and glad you and the family are well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom