Alexis Jones Transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alexis Jones Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Baylor is in more need of a top talent than TAMU and UT. If getting close to home is her reason BU is awfully close to her home town.
SMU is right up the street from Irving, just jump on Loop 12 to Northcentral Expressway to SMU.
She can play on TV at least twice a year against UCONN and her family can see her play at home. Go Mustangs!!! :)

sTu

Reaction Score
"You will know when the wheels fall off. There will be a tweet about. "

Oooh, ETT that is as cruel as my often mentioning the "hands down best frontcourt in the country. :)

Last edited:
U

UCONNfan1

You will know when the wheels fall off. There will be a tweet about.
I thought McCallie only goes bonkers on tweets when it's good news... "Someone special visiting this weekend" etc etc...

Reaction Score
I really hate this for Duke....I thought they would be rather good with Greenwell coming back from injury!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I really hate this for Duke....I thought they would be rather good with Greenwell coming back from injury!

Really? They lost Gray, Jackson, Liston, and Peters. They would've depended on Williams, a rehabbing Jones, Chidom, and a few frosh.

I thought they were in for a major decline even before Jones left.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That's a big loss for Duke and a big gain for someone else. She's a Lieberman contender.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Haha - that question occurred to me as I started to type in a name and then couldn't decide which one to type in. Take your choice - the answer is the same - they wouldn't and I don't.
its not a point of feeling bad... you just want to balance the playing field sometimes. some people get sick of "UConn... and everybody else".

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New article claiming it has a source close to Jones---always leery of those---says she's looking at Baylor, Texas, LSU, and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Glad to see Coach P comment on the transfer. Very unfortunate seeing injuries make a major impact on her decision. Was my favorite blue devil EVER. VERY SAD DAY

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
New article claiming it has a source close to Jones---always leery of those---says she's looking at Baylor, Texas, LSU, and South Carolina.
I understand it's more likely she heads back to Texas, but I'd love to see her at SC... Or Texas. I like Baylor, and feel badly for ETT, but (and hopefully I'm wrong), I see Baylor heading towards a big decline. I'm not sure if it's what came out in the Mulkey-Griner thing, but Since landing Simms in 2010, Baylor has not landed a single top 15 kid. 2011 - no top 100 kid. 2012, Prince #16. 2013 - Small #19. 2014, Cohen #41. I get they have Agbuke and Davis, and if they get Prince back probably should still be top 10, but with the resurgence of Texas, it seems recruiting in their own back yard just got a lot harder... and their recruiting seems to be sliding...

I feel awful for the Duke fans, and specifically our Duke friends who visit our board and whose posts I generally really enjoy. It seems like knowledgeable Duke fans have no use for McCallie... Really sad situation for the current players and their fans...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well, if she wants to be close to home, I hope she's keeps in mind that the drive from Irving to Waco is only 90 minutes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I understand it's more likely she heads back to Texas, but I'd love to see her at SC... Or Texas. I like Baylor, and feel badly for ETT, but (and hopefully I'm wrong), I see Baylor heading towards a big decline. I'm not sure if it's what came out in the Mulkey-Griner thing, but Since landing Simms in 2010, Baylor has not landed a single top 15 kid. 2011 - no top 100 kid. 2012, Prince #16. 2013 - Small #19. 2014, Cohen #41. I get they have Agbuke and Davis, and if they get Prince back probably should still be top 10, but with the resurgence of Texas, it seems recruiting in their own back yard just got a lot harder... and their recruiting seems to be sliding...

I feel awful for the Duke fans, and specifically our Duke friends who visit our board and whose posts I generally really enjoy. It seems like knowledgeable Duke fans have no use for McCallie... Really sad situation for the current players and their fans...

Let's face it, Baylor has not been a powerhouse in recruiting. Sims followed Griner to Baylor, otherwise Kim probably would not have gotten her. A backcourt of Small, Prince, Jones and Wright would be pretty darn talented and would be top 10. But unless Kim can reel in McCowan in 2015 BU probably won't do any better than top 10.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
SMU is right up the street from Irving, just jump on Loop 12 to Northcentral Expressway to SMU.
She can play on TV at least twice a year against UCONN and her family can see her play at home. Go Mustangs!!! :)

I live about 5 miles from the SMU campus. I would certainly go watch her play.

Reaction Score
Hmmm.... if she really wants to be closer to home, then someone needs to show her a map. Last time I looked, a flight from Columbia, SC to Irving, TX was only 15 minutes shorter than a flight from Raleigh-Durham, NC to Irving, TX! If SC is truly one of her finalists, then her REAL reason for leaving Duke hasn't come out yet! ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Duke has 2 guards on the roster now
I believe they will have
Ka'lia Johnson 5-9 (Sr)
Mercedes Riggs 5-7 (JC xfr) (Jr)
Greenwell 6-1 (So)
I suppose Sierra Calhoun (6-1) will have to play G (Fr)
Jenna Frush 5-6 (walk-on) (Sr)

On the other hand they do have a lot of height. 7 players 6-3 or above.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
This should help us become a better passing team, just dribbling around to much in the past which did
not give the rest of our team the touches needed to reach there peak performances. We will be more
than most teams can handle but not looking forward to our visit with you.

Reaction Score
I live about 5 miles from the SMU campus. I would certainly go watch her play.
Same here. SMU has a beautiful campus I almost went there a couple years ago if it wasn't for the price. Would love to see her come down to SFA lol, but I think she ends up at Baylor or Texas.

Reaction Score
I believe they will have
Ka'lia Johnson 5-9 (Sr)
Mercedes Riggs 5-7 (JC xfr) (Jr)
Greenwell 6-1 (So)
I suppose Sierra Calhoun (6-1) will have to play G (Fr)
Jenna Frush 5-6 (walk-on) (Sr)

On the other hand they do have a lot of height. 7 players 6-3 or above.

I don't consider Greenwell, or Calhoun guards. walk-ons don't count either

FYI I think Greenwell redshirted, and is a freshman.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't consider Greenwell, or Calhoun guards. walk-ons don't count either

FYI I think Greenwell redshirted, and is a freshman.
They'll consider/count them this year.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
This should help us become a better passing team, just dribbling around to much in the past which did
not give the rest of our team the touches needed to reach there peak performances. We will be more
than most teams can handle but not looking forward to our visit with you.

Losing one of our best ballhandlers and only facilitators/creators will make us become a better passing team? There is a massive difference between a passing team and a good passing team.

As an aside, the entire Duke recruiting class of 2012 is now gone - Alexis Jones, Sierra Moore, Katie Heckman.
#LessonsLearned

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
:eek:
... you just want to balance the playing field sometimes. some people get sick of "UConn... and everybody else".
Heresy stamps.JPG

You may face the direction of the UConn Basketball Champion Center and recite the UConn WBB Roster five times, my son. May you find salvation through contrition. May the blue demons be cast out. [This offer is VOID where prohibited by Ice Bear, and any rebroadcast, retransmission, or account of this confession is prohibited without the express written consent of almost everybody. Your redemption may vary].

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn has tweeted that Duke Admin does not want to investigate complaints about player treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom