Alabama Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Alabama Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Strictly playground ball. Cheap shotting punk fouling Hurley with game over. Maybe he wanted us to get one more look at his momma. Nice try loser.
Relax.
Sears, he be home on Monday.. Andrew Hurley be on the floor with 17 seconds left in game on Monday (hopefully not getting cheap shorted again) and then cutting net a few minutes later.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Probably biggest program win and tightest clench job ever was over Gonzaga 67-62, to go to the Final Four in 1999.
That game still gives me agita.

From late September 1998 I was absolutely convinced we were winning the title that year. Not once, even with a couple midseason injuries did I flinch (the win at Stanford was additional evidence). The one hurdle that somehow seemed to high during JC's tenure at that point was the regional final game and that damned pesky assed team just wouldn't go away (thank God for K Freeman). Every time we were close to putting the game out of reach, they somehow got right back in it. even with under a minute left, at which point I (for the first time all season) thought maybe wwe could lose. I was thinking there could be some invisible wall keepiing us out of the final four and that would torment us forever.

That game still haunts me, as evidence that the basketball Gods are looking down at us, letting us know they can make us suffer indefinitely if they so choose.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Still processing. Alabama went 11-23 (48%) on threes.

Mark Sears scored 24 on 64% FG and 50% 3P. Grant Nelson had 19//15. Estrada had 13

UConn won by 14.
This team is not normal.
This team is something very special. Any prior team (ours or anyone else's), if you were told that (any randomly selected starter) one of any of their players would clearly be the best player in a critical game, 60%-75% of the choices would lead one to say "Really? That's surprising!". With this team, If you were to be told anyone would end up being the best player in a critical game the response would be "I can see that".

Reaction Score
They were until the tournament when they fell to 2. But they don't shoot the volume of Alabama.
A lot of their looks come from Edey kicking it out. They can shoot well, but it's contextual in a way that Alabama's isn't.

And if the shooting is contextual, you can more easily gameplan to shut it down.

Reaction Score
A lot of their looks come from Edey kicking it out. They can shoot well, but it's contextual in a way that Alabama's isn't.

And if the shooting is contextual, you can more easily gameplan to shut it down.
Well, maybe. The problem is that you're probably not gameplanning to stop the shooting, The first gameplan is Edey.

Or is it? We'll see I guess. That's the chess match Purdue opponents have struggled with all year.

Reaction Score
As I watch a replay of this game and what Samson Johnson did last night, I am convincing myself that he is more than an adequate 5 for the future. We have won championships with much weaker 5's. A more experienced and confident SJ will surprise all of us. His game will need to expand, but what is there is good enough, depending on the supporting players.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Well, maybe. The problem is that you're probably not gameplanning to stop the shooting, The first gameplan is Edey.

Or is it? We'll see I guess. That's the chess match Purdue opponents have struggled with all year.

We don’t have to double him like other teams do. If you don’t have a 7’2” defensive menace, you have to choose between fouling, doubling or giving up 40.

The game plan should be: don’t leave shooters open and Donovan, make him take tough shots without following.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If the Purdue game is not a comfortable win I’ll be shocked. Purdue doesn’t shoot it like bama.
Team.........FG%........3P%
Alabama...47.7%.......37.1%
Purdue......49.1%.......40.6%

fwiw, as far as FG attempts, Alabama is tied with St. John's. The teams we lost to shoot far less than Alabama..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We don’t have to double him like other teams do. If you don’t have a 7’2” defensive menace, you have to choose between fouling, doubling or giving up 40.

The game plan should be: don’t leave shooters open and Donovan, make him take tough shots without following.
Guard them tight on the perimeter, they ain't blowing by anyone. Donovan have your arms like a tree, don't let them down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom