Al in Portal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Al in Portal

Reaction Score
I woke up today with legit tenderness towards AG.

Reading about his offers from Elon/Georgia State/Hampton and I thought about the "what-if" he spurns higher offers to lead a low major team to a conference tournament for the sacrifice of being closer to home.

He gets my respect wherever he goes, but I will be legit in "happy/respect/proud/humanity" tears if he ends up at a humble, smaller southwestern school.

Reaction Score
Agree with your comment about Gaffney’s impact. Rather than a scorebox impact it was more calming, poise and the absence of turnovers and getting the right shots by the right guys.We also got better court balance and guys in the paint who could offensive rebound.

He was better than early but was he really all of that? I mean of the 2 we're speaking of Al was much better down the stretch than he was as at times he looked lost again. He really gets beat on D off the dribble by quicker guards and that scares me also. There were times of improvement on D also vs some I just hope he works on his quickness. I hope you and Fishy are right that he will be the player we need to man the point. By no means am I saying he won't be a solid player at UConn, my thoughts are he needs to be much better than what he showed this year for us to be good in the Big East. Important to get an experienced player like Eaddy to have the depth just in case.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He was better than early but was he really all of that? I mean of the 2 we're speaking of Al was much better down the stretch than he was as at times he looked lost again. He really gets beat on D off the dribble by quicker guards and that scares me also. There were times of improvement on D also vs some I just hope he works on his quickness. I hope you and Fishy are right that he will be the player we need to man the point. By no means am I saying he won't be a solid player at UConn, my thoughts are he needs to be much better than what he showed this year for us to be good in the Big East. Important to get an experienced player like Eaddy to have the depth just in case.

He was also a freshman...I share some of the same concerns, but it's reasonable to think he's going to improve.

C

Chief00

Let‘s not forget about RJ Cole and a Chief shoutout to his mom. Neither Gaffney or Cole will be the on the ball defender AG is but they will provide us with other qualities.

Reaction Score
Better article with mostly quotes from Alterique (no pay wall). I wish him the best. He's a class act.

“No hard feelings,” he said. “I feel like UConn made me who I am today. Without some of those experiences, I wouldn’t be here. UConn was always my dream school. Just to have the opportunity to put the jersey on as many times as I did was a blessing.”“

“I’ll forever be a part of that program, in my eyes,” Gilbert said. “I’m proud to say I’m a Husky forever.”

Almost and I invasive almost a tear went down my cheek.

Reaction Score
Let‘s not forget about RJ Cole and a Chief shoutout to his mom. Neither Gaffney or Cole will be the on the ball defender AG is but they will provide us with other qualities.
That's at least 2 shout outs to his mom. Don't you have a girlfriend? :)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I have a strange criticism of his. He plays with his feet bowed out a little. This negatively affects his change of direction. Good players, Bouk for example, typically play with their feet pointing directly forward. He needs to work on this or else he’ll have trouble staying in front of and getting by Big East guards.

Reaction Score
Wishing Alterique the best. He certainly hasn't had the best, with two lost years from shoulder instability, multiple surgeries, extended rehab, and a tough time getting his mojo back on the court. I think he turned the corner, however, and showed quite a bit the last few games.

He's a good guy and a good player. Go and light it up next year.
I love that kid!

Reaction Score

Florida's coach is getting tired of losing to us because of great defensive play by our guards.

Hope AG goes to Georgia before Florida but most importantly he goes where he can benefit as much as the team and that's where our coaches can really help him by analyzing his needs and the likelihood he'll get the coaching and playing time he needs where he transfers.

Reaction Score
Then he should have stayed at UConn... ;)
I hear ya, but we are congested at the point. Another team will need and have available some backup point guard minutes plus just overall more minutes in the backcourt. AG will land somewhere good and hopefully fit well.

Good veteran transfer guards find homes

Reaction Score
Texas Tech is a serious contender. I think Alterique is going to go where he can contend for a championship.

Doubt it. Kid needs to play well enough to get a pro contract or his career is over. A low-level P5 seems best to me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom