Akok has a message for Uconn Nation. TUNE IN TOMORROW. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok has a message for Uconn Nation. TUNE IN TOMORROW.

Reaction Score
Even a few minutes here and there will help out Whaley who can't seem to stay out of foul trouble early this year. Big comeback under way!
Ticky-tack fouls. It’s like holding calls on OL in football. Everyone does it, and most are ignored. To be honest, I never do slo-mo and rewinds for the fouls, but I just don’t see legit fouls for most of them. He plays hard, and fast, and the offensive fouls (moving screens) are just BS.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
The crowd will go wild... oh, wait...
couch GIF

Reaction Score
I LOVE THAT KID!!! He brings such a fun, let the good times roll vibe to the team. It was an absolute gut punch seeing him go down its going to feel great seeing him take the court.

Reaction Score
Ticky-tack fouls. It’s like holding calls on OL in football. Everyone does it, and most are ignored. To be honest, I never do slo-mo and rewinds for the fouls, but I just don’t see legit fouls for most of them. He plays hard, and fast, and the offensive fouls (moving screens) are just BS.
Those are examples of college refs ruining the game by making it hard to watch. Imagine an NBA game where a ref calls consecutive moving screens on a play where the guy is barely moving or not moving at all.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And he’s the time of player who can swing the score enough to win in just 10 mins of court time

Yes. Just tell him to play hard and take whatever the game is giving at that time. He'll figure out how to make an impact with whatever is available. Just run, rebound and challenge everything at the rim. No worrying about managing fouls or conditioning. Just play hard.

Reaction Score
As he's getting his feel for his new teammates in game situations.. Not practice.. Just breaking a sweat.. Pushing himself back to previous levels pre-injury.. Do what you do.. That will be enough early on.. Quality minutes.. Not quantity..

Will be a difference maker this year during Tournament Time..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is GREAT news
Hopefully things weren't rushed and he is both physically and mentally ready to go out there and mix it up.
This young man has such a high ceiling - the best has yet to come
Let's go get'em Akok

Reaction Score

Can't. stop. watching.

Praying for my heart every time Akok jumps.
Great move and jump. But, the injury won't leave his mind for a while as he seems to show by hanging on the rim and "carefully" allowing himself to land.

For the medical experts: Is the danger of re-injury greater from pushing off on a move or jump or in how he lands after a dunk or leap while blocking a shot?

Would the refs cut him some slack about hanging on the rim if DH tells them beforehand that if he does that in the game it's not hot-dogging but just concern about re-injuring himself?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom