Akok enters the portal | The Boneyard

Akok enters the portal

Reaction Score
Before anyone freaks out, this was expected for a while. We are pretty clearly moving to a 4 guard offense. If Akok is already behind Karaban, Johnson, and Jackson (who will play the 4 in a small lineup), then there were no minutes for him next season. Good luck to him

Reaction Score
No surprise. Great kid. Just never recovered from that injury.

Whaley, Polley, cole, Rese, diggins, Gaff, CJF, akok

8 guys gone. Only 3 on the roster that played any minutes last year. SUCH a change from spring 2022.

This one doesn't sting. Neither would one other player that was on the roster last year. I get it.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
They have to consider what is best for their future and maybe a change of scenery is all he needs to reach the flashes that we have seen from him before and after the injury. Sucks to see him go, but we need more consistency instead of flashes every so often. Hopefully he can land somewhere that he will flourish. Just do not do it against us.

Reaction Score
30 Rock Scotch GIF

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Expected but still a sad day.

That injury was just absolutely brutal. I don’t think he’s been able to fully trust his body to do some of the dynamic things he did early on and that really made him limited in how he could be used.

He was a fan favorite and hopefully he gets to a place where he is confident in his abilities and gets the joy back that we saw from him early on.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
This one actually hurts me. Followed him from his high school recruiting, almost cried when he got injured vs Memphis. An absolute culture building recruit. You’ll be missed Akok.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now this is a kid I will root for at his next stop. He's going to do great things. Didn't get a chance. This one is on Hurley for sure. I'm still boggled how Akok came in, blocked 3 shots in two minutes, got sent out and never came back again. What's the message there? Really likable young man with a bright future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
OK! Now we are ready for the good news.
Yup, this was the last shoe I was waiting for. Not that I expected Floyd to leave, I didn’t.

I think The Boneyard should send over some practice players. I believe most of us have our eligibility intact.

In any event, I wish AA the very, very best. Great guy who got dealt a really bad hand with his injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom