Akok Akok | The Boneyard

Akok Akok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody think this game will be the deciding factor in Akok's decision? I certainly hope so, especially after watching the post-game press conferences.

Reaction Score
Hope so, but Polley was doing his best “stretch-4” impression with two 3s and three blocks. Akok will bring that style of game too.

Reaction Score
A game like this, with this result, on ESPN can only help. It confirms the narrative that Coach Hurley is saying. Last night was only a glimpse of what UConn relevancy means. Some of these recruits can help bring us all the way back. That has to be enticing to anyone who wants to play for him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Anybody think this game will be the deciding factor in Akok's decision? I certainly hope so, especially after watching the post-game press conferences.

One of the young kids (not old guys) on here needs to tweet him the JB post game presser, with a "you really want to play for THIS guy??"

-then-

"How about this guy?"

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
All I know is, why would you want to go to Cuse? They play zone, don’t utilize their bigs and their 70 year old coach throws his players under the bus every few days.

Capel's the guy we have to worry about, not Boeheim. Capel can recruit -- but so can Hurley.

Reaction Score
Is Capel going to recruit the Northeast that much? Figured he'd go for the DMV, Mid-Atlantic, Carolinas, and Midwest more. I think that NYC-Pitt pipeline died with the Big East and Dixon.

Reaction Score
AA has visited the campus, received the Grade A tour and treatment from the staff and current players, returned to watch our team and his potential coach in action on our home floor, perhaps watched us beat a team ranked #15 on national tv and in a major venue, again observing many of his potential teammates and coach successfully in action.

There is nothing more UConn can offer, if he is not impressed enough to commit now there is little reason to think he will do so later, what more can we demonstrate that this is the best place for him to continue to develop his skills.

Not feeling optimistic, love to be wrong again, it's a lifelong habit.

Reaction Score
He wants to play in front of the dozens of NBA scouts watching him in the prep showcase this weekend

Reaction Score
He wants to play in front of the dozens of NBA scouts watching him in the prep showcase this weekend

Hopefully his coach will get feedback from the scouts, and pass along to AA just what he needs to work on, and he has an epiphany and realizes UConn is the place where he'll grow just as Cobb and others seem to have expanded their games in a major way.
Let's hope he doesn't make the same mistake DD made and get caught up in so much hype he goes before he's fully prepared. Once you fail there's a tag on you that's hard to get rid of.

Reaction Score
A game like this, with this result, on ESPN can only help. It confirms the narrative that Coach Hurley is saying. Last night was only a glimpse of what UConn relevancy means. Some of these recruits can help bring us all the way back. That has to be enticing to anyone who wants to play for him.
Until we crack the top 25 ESPN and tv coverage is bad. On ESPN scoreboard they list top 25 games, even tonight the Cuse/Oregon lists and we are on another (all games) listing. It sucks. Being in the news is big and can help.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
All I know is, why would you want to go to Cuse? They play zone, don’t utilize their bigs and their 70 year old coach throws his players under the bus every few days.
Boheim: "I dunno. If Pascal didn't suck so bad we may have...no, we WOULD HAVE won tonight. But he is so thin he really can't do anything out there. That kid killed him."

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
One of the young kids (not old guys) on here needs to tweet him the JB post game presser, with a "you really want to play for THIS guy??"

-then-

"How about this guy?"

Dayum, that face slap!!!

And Jalen went to coach to do that!!

Reaction Score
I really don't get the Capel hype. I get that he recruited Duke well, but doesn't Duke kinda recruit itself? Especially when a commitment comes with a suitcase full of money? Capel was awful at Oklahoma

Agreed. And we also know from Capel's days at Oklahoma that he's not some kind of X's and O's mastermind.

Reaction Score
AA has visited the campus, received the Grade A tour and treatment from the staff and current players, returned to watch our team and his potential coach in action on our home floor, perhaps watched us beat a team ranked #15 on national tv and in a major venue, again observing many of his potential teammates and coach successfully in action.

There is nothing more UConn can offer, if he is not impressed enough to commit now there is little reason to think he will do so later, what more can we demonstrate that this is the best place for him to continue to develop his skills.

Not feeling optimistic, love to be wrong again, it's a lifelong habit.
If we can't show anything else from this point forward, what can other teams show in the future?

Reaction Score
First game for PSA in the show case

#PSAhoops Prep 85 Sunrise 82 Tyson Etienne 20P 6R 4A Demarr Langford Jr 17P 5R Hassan Diarra 14P 6R 4A Abou Ousmane 10P 7R Russel Tchewa 7P 5R Akok Akok 6P 5R Charles Pride 4P 7R

I wouldn’t call 6 and 5 showing off for NBA scouts

Reaction Score
If we can't show anything else from this point forward, what can other teams show in the future?

Ignoring the NBA possibility, never know what attracts kids to influence their decisions, just think whatever that something is for AA he hasn’t found it here at UConn. Maybe he wants a school in a different conference, a school with more recent success, maybe his personality didn’t click with our staff, it just appears to me that he doesn’t feel “it” - yet.

Reaction Score
Ignoring the NBA possibility, never know what attracts kids to influence their decisions, just think whatever that something is for AA he hasn’t found it here at UConn. Maybe he wants a school in a different conference, a school with more recent success, maybe his personality didn’t click with our staff, it just appears to me that he doesn’t feel “it” - yet.
Seems logical. Also seems suspicious. Fair or not, recruitments like this rub me the wrong way. See Diallo, Hamidou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom