Akok Akok update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He’s 50-60. Give credit where it’s due.

Already congratulated the Friar.
I never heard of the kid till today, so if I'm not worked up over a rating right now you'll have to pardon me. It seems that Florida and Texas were the other programs keeping an eye on him.

Reaction Score

I congratulated you Friar... You seem to want to keep this going.

The AAC probably would've had 5 bids this year if Dawkins/Tacko/Taylor played together at UCF and if Milton/Foster played all year for the Ponies.
That's with zero production from UConn and Memphis... who just so happen to have hired coaches who have made significant strides since March.

Again... I'm more than happy to let these leagues mature. The nbe has a bunch of coaches who are homer hires that haven't done a dang thing... except for Jay Wright... (and he just lost all his major players)

This is about $$$. There is nothing at the end of the rainbow to have Providence as a conference mate. That was a death knell.

Reaction Score

ECU was recruiting him. Frankly, ECU has a better staff than Providence right now. You may not win that recruiting battle in a few years.

Reaction Score

Seriously... He's a Carolina kid.
ECU will start getting some of these guys that the big boys in NC seemingly have zero interest in. Coach Chill will be all over guys like Gantt.

Reaction Score

Not at all. Many people said the same about Providence before that silver-tongued devil Cooley came aboard.

Cooley lucked into Cotton, who by the way didn't a single offer (let alone an ECU offer) when he committed - to take Joseph Young's spot, when Young took that Houston offer.

Reaction Score
This has been fun, Friar.. But its getting late. Enjoy your recruit and remember not to take it too much to heart if he decides to take a better offer, like Joseph Young did.

Reaction Score
Hey FriarJ just out of curiosity, whatever happened to Sean?
Haven't seen him on here for years. He leaves you as the only defender of PC hoops.

Reaction Score
Already congratulated the Friar.
I never heard of the kid till today, so if I'm not worked up over a rating right now you'll have to pardon me. It seems that Florida and Texas were the other programs keeping an eye on him.

Kevin Ollie was recruiting Greg Gantt so he's a familiar name for the yard. Let's start getting some high ranked recruits again before we start bashing the Friars. Cooley has gotten MAL, Duke, Reeves, and Gantt now in 2 years. That's a good haul for 95% of teams in D1.

We need to get back there before we start mocking a player of Gantt's status.

PS: I want to see a haul of Precius, Bouknight, Akok, Cockburn, and Isaiah Wong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Um because this is the Boneyard maybe? :oops:
Do any of you go on other boards and talk about UConn recruits? I never get what motivates that. It just comes off as needy and insecure.

That said, @FriarJ is a good guy. Occasionally he feels the need to stop by and trumpet accomplishments that none of care about or find noteworthy. We all have our warts.

Reaction Score
Do any of you go on other boards and talk about UConn recruits? I never get what motivates that. It just comes off as needy and insecure.

That said, @FriarJ is a good guy. Occasionally he feels the need to stop by and trumpet accomplishments that none of care about or find noteworthy. We all have our warts.

I for one like that FriarJ is crazy and thick-skinned enough to venture on here and post his thoughts, and yes, his school's recruiting triumphs. We need guys from other schools to come in here and tout their own, if only to get many on this board to turn their vitriol toward someone other than each other. Besides, he knows just as much as we do that Cooley must get them out of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament one of these years soon, or else all these recruiting victories will not matter one bit.

It gets really nasty in here... sometimes far too nasty and contentious for the topic at hand. Most of us here are UConn fans, and we ultimately want a similar outcome - a winning team competing for titles and playing deep into the NCAA tournament on a consistent basis (where have you gone, Jimmy C and the halcyon Big East days of yore?). But man, the spats on here get ridiculously mean-spirited and personal. I for one am praying that this year we are able to turn our attentions back to where we all want to be, talking about many victories and the end-of-game play and decisions in big games, both in wins and losses... and then discussing our very real post-season prospects (hopefully this year!).

Boy, won't that be novel, and quite refreshing, after the last couple of years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom