Akok Akok turns 19 today | The Boneyard

Akok Akok turns 19 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone think there's a chance he wants to wrap this up tonight?

Reaction Score
He retweeted one Cuse fan happy b-day and one UConn fan happy b-day. Back to back.
Wow! Sometimes you forget just how young these kids really are. I have nephews older than these kids.

Reaction Score
Does that make him more inclined to be a 1- or 2-and-done (if he wasn't already)?
100%, but obviously will ultimately depend on talent.

Honestly didn’t realize he’s so old, makes me think he’ll be a beast college player if he stays all four years...

Reaction Score
He’s basically a year older than typical for his grade but right on track with the guys who take a post grad year or start school a year late (early “redshirting”). Not a big deal. Jalen Adams, for example, turned 20 in December of his freshman year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the Pitt message board insider:

I’ve been called many things, but a fan of another team is the most laughable.

I’m a Pitt fan who likes talking college hoops and just happens to have a friend that passes along some info on recruiting which, since we’re after a ton of the same guys as UConn, is nice to have some perspective on. I don’t follow other message boards, but I will say that the info I got on Akok a month ago was ahead of the CB’s on 247, so I think it’s at least somewhat credible.

I’m not a merciless homer like yourself and prefer not to pander to sycophants. Pitt basketball needs to be smarter in recruiting and chasing guys out of our range currently isn’t the best way to go about it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
From the Pitt message board insider:

I’ve been called many things, but a fan of another team is the most laughable.

I’m a Pitt fan who likes talking college hoops and just happens to have a friend that passes along some info on recruiting which, since we’re after a ton of the same guys as UConn, is nice to have some perspective on. I don’t follow other message boards, but I will say that the info I got on Akok a month ago was ahead of the CB’s on 247, so I think it’s at least somewhat credible.

I’m not a merciless homer like yourself and prefer not to pander to sycophants. Pitt basketball needs to be smarter in recruiting and chasing guys out of our range currently isn’t the best way to go about it.

I feel like this is missing the most important info...what was it he said?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That he's going to end up at UConn
This is getting very exciting. With Akok in the fold we will be dynamic on the floor and in recruiting those last two slots.

1540393039399.png

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He is actually old for his grade. I was 17 as a freshman at UConn

I was just going to say... I was a D-3 player but I already razz my mom about starting me too early... I was a 17 year old frosh also.

This dude is a full 3 years ahead of me at that stage.

I coulda been a UConn recruit!

But really, dang mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member