AJ Storr to Kansas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AJ Storr to Kansas

Reaction Score
So he committed to Illinois, decommitted, then committed to SJU, then portaled to Wiscy, now portaled to Kansas? Will he be the first 4 schools in 4 years guy?
This guy. Unreal. Glad we’re not touching him. Kansas has obviously learned nothing from us.

Reaction Score
“We clearly have all of the resources in place and we’ll continue to do that at UConn, but we’ve got to make sure that it is a two-way street and I think a lot of schools miss on that. They look at just production and numbers and talent. You’re not putting together an All-Star team, you’re putting together a team that’s gotta be able to function.”
Came here to post this - spot on

Reaction Score
So he committed to Illinois, decommitted, then committed to SJU, then portaled to Wiscy, now portaled to Kansas? Will he be the first 4 schools in 4 years guy?
See some stuff about his girl friend being at Kansas. So if they break up… there’s a good chance haha

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm sure the silly lists that the talking heads come out with will have Kansas and Duke as the teams to beat but no way in hell will Kansas actually be the team to beat.
I wouldn't pair those 2. Kansas has a top 2 coach in the sport, a veteran roster of productive returnees, the number 1 portal class, and a top 10 recruiting class. The only thing that would slow them down on paper would be Dickinson going pro, but even then they'll have great talent at center.

Reaction Score
Kansas guys I know wish Harris and Dickinson would just move on already.

I dont mind Juan, but Dickinson sucks, and I hate the way he plays basketball. Great offensive production but it is a net zero because he is so slow definsively.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin and Florida fans think Storr and Kugel quit in their respective teams. Kansas fans think Adama minutes will be cut in half. It’s a unique roster construction and I’m eager to see it. I mostly can’t believe they prioritized some of these guys over McNeely.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't pair those 2. Kansas has a top 2 coach in the sport, a veteran roster of productive returnees, the number 1 portal class, and a top 10 recruiting class. The only thing that would slow them down on paper would be Dickinson going pro, but even then they'll have great talent at center.
They’ll miss Furphy who’s checking out his draft status. Wish he was in the portal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas guys I know wish Harris and Dickinson would just move on already.
Including this one. If they want to come back and play reduced minutes, that would be fine. Harris is a good defender and passer, he's like Taliek, but you have to surround him with scorers and he hasn't been. Dickenson would probably be better defensively if he played 24 minutes and didn't worry about fouls.

Self is making sure he doesn't have a depth problem next year like he did this year.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin and Florida fans think Storr and Kugel quit in their respective teams. Kansas fans think Adama minutes will be cut in half. It’s a unique roster construction and I’m eager to see it. I mostly can’t believe they prioritized some of these guys over McNeely.
They were caught short of depth last year and are now overcompensating to the point of destabilizing the program. I am certain they think they can buy there way out of that problem, too (and they are likely right, long term).

Reaction Score
Including this one. If they want to come back and play reduced minutes, that would be fine. Harris is a good defender and passer, he's like Taliek, but you have to surround him with scorers and he hasn't been.
Well he now has been. Mayo, Kugel, Storr, another year older Jackson, and one of Furphy/Griffen/Brea to go along with Dickinson.

Reaction Score
We knew it anyways, but this new era where it's out in the open just proves that Kansas has been buying teams forever. Seamless transition, their collectives were already set up. With the NCAA headquarters right there, they have operated a brothel next to the police station.

But it's the tradition, the fieldhouse and the town is hip. LOL.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Well at least he only had 3 High schools in 4 years!

Reaction Score
The portal is gross and it’s such a soft culture of today’s players. Thankfully Hurley’s culture is above that, making the back to back championships more impressive, a system designed to beat us has benefited us.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Also lol at everyone acting like Bill Self doesn't know how to build a roster.

Bill Self does not know how to build a roster.

e.g. Kansas basketball 2023-24

Reaction Score
Self just won a championship 2 years ago...
Yeah Bill Self is on an entirely different stratosphere than Calipari in terms of actual coaching ability, but me thinks he is flying a bit too close to the sun here with the portal. He is playing god and getting away from what made KU so good all those years. They won it all in 2022 by developing his players for multiple years.

Agbaji: Senior (all 4 years at KU)
Braun: Junior (all 3 years at KU)
McCormack: Senior (all 4 years at KU)
Wilson: Red shirt Soph (all 3 years at KU)
Harris: Junior (all 3 years at KU)
Remy Martin was the only transfer.

Why would he abandon that model? That is the same model that just won us 2 rings in a row and Hurley has publicly said is the right way to build a program. I'm not gonna call Bill Self an idiot, but he's being an idiot. Especially bringing in guys with major locker room problems like Dickinson, Storr, and Kugel. Good luck dealing with that nonsense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We knew it anyways, but this new era where it's out in the open just proves that Kansas has been buying teams forever. Seamless transition, their collectives were already set up. With the NCAA headquarters right there, they have operated a brothel next to the police station.

But it's the tradition, the fieldhouse and the town is hip. LOL.
The NCAA moved to Indianapolis by 2000 (announced in 1997). Self was hired in 2003. Two of my friends worked at the NCAA's outside counsel firm in KC so I remember it pretty clearly.

The collectives are mostly a function of local businesses with ties to the school/team. So schools in an area with a dominant alumni presence are advantaged. UConn is as well, a UConn player doing an ad here moves the needle. A Villanova player in Philly? Not so much.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He is a bag chaser, but that’s still a big get for them. Maybe it’s his last name, but I wished he would want to come play in his namesake city either of the 2 times he portaled recently…

Reaction Score
Kudos to Self if he can make Storr fit in on a top team. He's been little more than a low basketball IQ gunner.

Reaction Score
Who cares- he is going to try and improve his NBA opportunities at the expense of the rest of the team.
I wouldn't want him on my team

Reaction Score
How is he able to transfer a second time without sitting out ?

Did ncaa even bother making him fill out a hardship waiver ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom