OT: - Air is a pretty good watch | The Boneyard

OT: Air is a pretty good watch

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
From starting the soundtrack with Blister in the Sun, the whole thing is 1984 time capsule. I enjoyed it.
Yeah, I didn't mention it in my review, but as someone who graduated HS in 1984, I thought the soundtrack was great. Also some visual reminders as to just how remarkable that year was overall.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Actually watched it the other night and DIDN'T fall asleep. I thought it was pretty good.

I have read and watched tons of stuff on that whole thing, Jordan Brand and Nike, so as a watchful critic I thought it went well. Some cheesiness, but that's almost expected. Chris Tucker was really good and so was Affleck. Also loved the storyline of the weird dude that designed the shoe, Moore.

Reaction Score
Cons from Herb's and $8 bell bottom jeans from UFO on Union Place.
Herb's sounds great like the little store I got mine from in upstate NY. Wish we still had that it was pre Herman's.

Reaction Score
Herb's sounds great like the little store I got mine from in upstate NY. Wish we still had that it was pre Herman's.
My old man would take me to Herb's at the beginning of baseball season and buy me a new bat (wooden, of course). One year, it literally was in the first 10 swings, I broke it. He put a screw in it and wrapped it in black electric tape. I played the rest of the season getting shockwaves through both arms any time I made contact.

Reaction Score
My old man would take me to Herb's at the beginning of baseball season and buy me a new bat (wooden, of course). One year, it literally was in the first 10 swings, I broke it. He put a screw in it and wrapped it in black electric tape. I played the rest of the season getting shockwaves through both arms any time I made contact.
As kids in Hartford, we would grab the broken bats at the park and do the same until we started making money on our paper routes to buy our own. The bats lasted a while once we put one or two screws in and taped them up.

Reaction Score
The movie is understatedly good, in my opinion. Watched it yesterday morning, surprised I didn't find out about it until recently.

Reaction Score
The Boss and I really enjoyed it dug the soundtrack too. If Matt Damon and Kevin Costner made a sports movie together I'd probably stroke out.

I wore the Converse Weapon (white/gray) one season in high school. It was like running with concrete blocks strapped to your feet.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Watched Air last night. Thought it was pretty good. Had read a bit about Vaccaro and had seen the 30 for 30 on him.

I wish I could have had Converse when I was younger, mom always bought us Keds. :(

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I wish I could have had Converse when I was younger, mom always bought us Keds. :(
Mom bought us no-name sneakers at Grants or Kings (Stamford). I swear some were simply all plastic. One time she did splurge on PF Flyers for me.

Reaction Score
Sorry thread went kind of haywire. Guess one titled “My first pair of Cons” and another titled “Herbs Sport Shop and Downtown Hartford “ would be appropriate.

I do remember bell bottoms at UFO and believe there was an Army/Navy store near there which had some great items.

The eye candy at UFO definitely trumped that at Army/Navy.

Reaction Score
Sorry thread went kind of haywire. Guess one titled “My first pair of Cons” and another titled “Herbs Sport Shop and Downtown Hartford “ would be appropriate.

I do remember bell bottoms at UFO and believe there was an Army/Navy store near there which had some great items.

The eye candy at UFO definitely trumped that at Army/Navy.
Sam's Army Navy on Asylum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom