Aidan Mahaney | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Yep I think they may snag Mahaney in the end. He went straight to Lexington today after finishing his visit to Storrs. All good though if we get Brea. I think Solo and Brea will have the 2 spot locked down.

Not sure he’s a good fit for UK as the two next to Butler. That’s a small backcourt but it does know a good amount about losing to UConn in the NCAAT, so maybe a good fit at UK.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Link?
At this point most Trilly info is in his paid discord so links won't be possible. Would have to be screenshots which might be frowned upon since it's paid content.

Having said that, I can't imagine any reason why someone would lie about it.

Reaction Score
I believe that Ross was always more planned to be a major contributor as a junior/senior. If he is ready next year he’s ahead of schedule.

Ball and Steward have shown they can contribute and if one doesn’t start they should be the sixth man IMO. Don’t see where they don’t get 20+ minutes either way.

Singare hopefully will be able to contribute in two years, he’s a project.
If Karaban doesn’t come back, Stewart would potentially get 30 minutes at 4 spot. It is impossible to plan it perfectly when there are so many variables and unknowns.
I think there will be minutes for Ball and Stewart no matter what happens.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It’s not about the bag. Can he play defense? Our concern next year isn’t going to be scoring, it will be if we can get stops.
If he cannot play defense he won't get much playing time. So I don't worry too much about that. DH is all about defense first. Speaking of defense it has been said that Abraham AND Nowell are both lockdown defenders!

Do I have to wait months before I see the latest of the still unfinished of this year's monster version of the Uconn runaway locomotive coming at our opponents ???

Reaction Score
We had 3 pretty highly rated freshman who waited their turn last season, Stewart getting some time late. If we get 2 more portal guards is there enough PT for those sophomores and the new freshman? Players want to play.
agreed. If we were to get Brea & Mahaney and Diarra & AK come back we have too many guys expecting PT and there could be unhappy campers.

Reaction Score
agreed. If we were to get Brea & Mahaney and Diarra & AK come back we have too many guys expecting PT and there could be unhappy campers.
How about if we let Hurley get the best players he can and if we have players who aren’t good enough to earn playing time and they’d rather go somewhere else and play than stay here and be on the bench, they get to leave?

I don’t understand the worry about a player wanting out because we bring better players in and they won’t get playing time. I don’t want a coach pushing players who are keeping their noses clean out of the program, but if they choose to leave for more playing time why is that a problem?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How about if we let Hurley get the best players he can and if we have players who aren’t good enough to earn playing time and they’d rather go somewhere else and play than stay here and be on the bench, they get to leave?

I don’t understand the worry about a player wanting out because we bring better players in and they won’t get playing time. I don’t want a coach pushing players who are keeping their noses clear out of the program, but if they choose to leave for more playing time why is that a problem?
Well said

Reaction Score
If Koby/Aidan additions are made to our roster. And as elegant and as efficient our offensive system has become. Imagine the transition O and fast break opportunities that the athletes on this roster could/would have if Danny gave them the green light to get out and run. Spurtability

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Planning and execution is the hallmark of this team's coaching staff. Trust them. They'll get it done.

I don’t understand the worry about a player wanting out because we bring better players in and they won’t get playing time. I don’t want a coach pushing players who are keeping their noses clean out of the program, but if they choose to leave for more playing time why is that a problem?

Yes to both posts above!

A lot of people are doing quite a bit of speculating here, which is fine as it is one of the reasons message boards such as this one exists and handle a good amount of traffic.

There are only a few things that can be said with certainty:

• Coach Hurley knows better than we do what was and what was not promised in terms of starting/playing time.
  • He has a far better handle on how returning players feel about adding to the roster than we do.
  • He and the staff have a far better idea than we do on who will and who will not return.
  • All evidence from the prior twenty four months has shown us that they actually know what they are doing, have a comprehensive plan on how they want to proceed and are capable at executing that plan at a very high level.
Let’s see how things fall into place over the next few days, weeks, months, then next season. I believe we will be pleased with the results.

Reaction Score
As long as we get Brea > idc what Mahaney does … I doubt we can get both & keep all of our current players there won’t be enough mins to go around

Reaction Score
I know patience is not The Boneyard’s strong suit, but it may not be a bad thing if he and/or Brea waited until May 2 to make their decisions, especially if they commit to the good guys. At that point, the portal is closed.

Why would we trick anyone into staying here? Talk about ruining the culture.

What our staff is pushing for is commitments and visits before May 1 so everyone on the team can make an informed decision about their future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom