Aidan Mahaney | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if you think of our current roster construction, we dont have a power forward (other than Samson, who is our starting center.) We have Reed, and..... thats it.... if karaban isnt back Jaylin becomes our 3rd biggest guy (i dont really see Singare getting more than Springs minutes)

we really do kind of need another real 4 (stretch 4 if you like), or we will be outmuscled/rebounded at times, especially since we dont have big guards like last yr
Well said on this one… we need some size, whether it’s the guards, another 4. We could have some matchup problems otherwise. It could be exacerbated without a giant lockdown defender like Castle who can stop anyone from Scheirman to BooBouie to Shannon regardless of size.

Reaction Score
This also just feels like an incredibly weird conversation to have when it appears we're bringing in a max of 2 transfers this year. This isn't even a case where next year is gonna be a transfer heavy team
Right! I feel like people are forgetting McNeeley is a freshman himself. It may be 3 at the end of the day but its far from an overhaul either way

Reaction Score
you think Singare is breaking into our first 8? Barring foul trouble i dont know how he sees the floor, so he's 10 or 11 on roster, just like Springs.
Ok.... but bendm's original post had 11 players. So he obviously was stretching the lineup. Why not just list everyone??

Reaction Score
You’re discounting player development. Did you know Jordan Hawkins would go on to be the best SG in the country one year after averaging 5ppg on 35% shooting with 14mpg? Diarra, Ball, Stewart, and Samson will not be the same players we saw last year. Newton, Hawkins, and Karaban weren’t proven starters on a top 3 UConn team of all-time just a year ago. They worked out okay.
Great take

Reaction Score
Agree 100%, I was just saying I ruffled some feathers saying I liked the idea of recruiting a combo guard with facilitation skills to play over Solo. I still like his outlook, but he's a scorer through and through. Hoping he can still play 20ish minutes even if we hit on 2 more guys.
Maybe, but we don’t know that yet. Even when he played while castle was hurt early, he was deferring to 3 other established ball handlers. Let’s give him a chance to earn his spot. I think he will.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We got so used to no player development in the KO years. Now we have the best staff in country. Every returning player will be better than they were last season.
:eek::rolleyes::mad:
Mentioning KO is fishing for likes

Reaction Score
Well said on this one… we need some size, whether it’s the guards, another 4. We could have some matchup problems otherwise. It could be exacerbated without a giant lockdown defender like Castle who can stop anyone from Scheirman to BooBouie to Shannon regardless of size.
That's why UConn recruited Isaiah Abraham. Not sure how ready he will be for this job as a freshman but after that I know he'll be ready.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
gaelic for kiss my arse lol . I saw the pogues with joe strummer in Boston 1991 (shane was too drunk to take stage). Earlier in the day saw Public Enemy and Anthrax at Gampel along w Primus- was moved to an afternoon show bc PE was music guest for Michael Jordan on SNL that night. solid day :)

Lol yes, and it was also the names of the two useless fat detectives in The Wire season 1. Pogue and Mahone. A great joke from David Simon.

Reaction Score
Lol yes, and it was also the names of the two useless fat detectives in The Wire season 1. Pogue and Mahone. A great joke from David Simon.
Jesus, how did I never notice that?

Reaction Score
It was Polk and Mahon, but definitely the joke he was going for. The song they play at all the cops "funerals" is by The Pogues

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So who is a better fit for this team mahaney or brea? Working under the assumption that we get mcneeley commitment.

Mahaney is a better player.

You’re also getting him for two years as opposed to one for Brea. Gotta also be a smidge concerned with Brea’s injury history - he has rods inserted into both tibias.

Reaction Score
Mahaney is a better player.

You’re also getting him for two years as opposed to one for Brea. Gotta also be a smidge concerned with Brea’s injury history - he has rods inserted into both tibias.

We absolutely want Mahaney if we have to choose between him and Brea. As you said, better overall player. It would also be another ball handler.

Reaction Score
only concern w/ Mahaney is his size. if we're playing any 2 of diarra/nowell/mahaney/ball at the same time then that's a tiny backcourt. we saw how we abused Purdue's guards.

Reaction Score
Mahaney's not tiny. I don't know where that comes from. He was also first team all WCC so I can't imagine 10 minutes a game in the Joey California role would be that compelling for him.

People are forgetting St. Mary's isn't a normal mid-major. They were in the top-25 in kenpom the last two years. They're well coached and beat some very good teams.

Reaction Score
People are forgetting St. Mary's isn't a normal mid-major. They were in the top-25 in kenpom the last two years. They're well coached and beat some very good teams.

Marciulionis was their alpha but Maheny's a hell of a player and would absolutely be a stud surrounded by the talent we could put around him.

Reaction Score
Mahaney's not tiny. I don't know where that comes from. He was also first team all WCC so I can't imagine 10 minutes a game in the Joey California role would be that compelling for him.
He's not tiny but he's pretty skinny. Cam is a lot stronger than him. I like Mahaney a lot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom