Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged)

Reaction Score
I'm glad to be allowed into this forum...

I live near St. Mary's (and Aidan's high school, Campolindo). Have watched Aidan play in person as many times as I could get to games...

When Aidan jumped into the portal, I had no idea how it would turn out... But NOW... I am a UCONN fan as long as Aidan plays here.

Had already been a UConn women's fan due to Paige Bueckers, whom I have watched play (online) from her soph year onward, and remain a fan now.

Yes, I am about the biggest high-school hoops nut anywhere... went to over 200 games in-person last year plus about a dozen Gaels games.

My years following the progress of Aidan have been incredible! I have no idea how he'll fit in with the Huskies, but he is an ultimate team-first guy and will do whatever he can to help out, whether it's a few minutes here and there off the bench or starting. The kid is up to ANY challenge!

Go HUSKIES!! Woof woof woooof!!!

You should be aware that we are spoiled, arrogant and full of ourselves. Our expectations are completely out of bounds bordering on the insane. Of course in our case, it is completely justified.

Reaction Score
So Kentucky is spinning the Brea signing as their effectively choosing him over Mahaney, LOL.

Does their unwarranted arrogance know no bounds. New head coach, older roster, but it's gonna be the same result.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score

I live near St. Mary's (and Aidan's high school, Campolindo). Have watched Aidan play in person as many times as I could get to games...

When Aidan jumped into the portal, I had no idea how it would turn out... But NOW... I am a UCONN fan as long as Aidan plays here.

Had already been a UConn women's fan due to Paige Bueckers, whom I have watched play (online) from her soph year onward, and remain a fan now.

Yes, I am about the biggest high-school hoops nut anywhere... went to over 200 games in-person last year plus about a dozen Gaels games.

My years following the progress of Aidan have been incredible! I have no idea how he'll fit in with the Huskies, but he is an ultimate team-first guy and will do whatever he can to help out, whether it's a few minutes here and there off the bench or starting. The kid is up to ANY challenge!

Is this you?:

Reaction Score
"spoiled, arrogant and full of ourselves"

Isn't that true of nearly every college or pro sports team forum? :)
Sure, but most fan bases don’t get lectured about their spoiled arrogance by opposing coaches during a press conference.

We‘ve gone 47-4 with 2 national championships since that happened, so I’m guessing it didn‘t really work out the way he anticipated.

Reaction Score
Is this you?:

Yup... I don't even remember ever signing on to Reddit, but I was able to reply there, (GoCampolindo)

This thing has gotten silly, but it's okay. :)

Back on April 1, I did something I rarely do... On the NorCalPreps forum, where I am a super-frequent poster (as Kiddman32, over 16,000 posts!), I put up an April Fool's joke... I did this:

"In other news, I have placed myself into the transfer portal.

Have heard from: UCLA, Sierra Canyon, Montverde and AZ Compass."

Got lots of funny reactions and replies, but little did I know I'd soon be transferring myself from one college forum to another. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh, that Kiddman32 name in NorCalPreps needs some explanation... I watched Jason Kidd play about 70 games in-person at St. Joseph HD in Alameda, CA. By FAR the most ridiculous HS baller I ever got to follow.

Jason wore #32 in HS, and Bart Simpson came out with a fake rap/dance number called "Do The Bartman". I morphed those into one name. :)

Reaction Score
Oh, that Kiddman32 name in NorCalPreps needs some explanation... I watched Jason Kidd play about 70 games in-person at St. Joseph HD in Alameda, CA. By FAR the most ridiculous HS baller I ever got to follow.

Jason wore #32 in HS, and Bart Simpson came out with a fake rap/dance number called "Do The Bartman". I morphed those into one name. :)
Did you ever see Hook Mitchell play?

Welcome to the board, I'm a big Mahaney fan.

Reaction Score
Hook MItchell... I saw him play once... Terrific street baller, very much not into structured team basketball. No apprent court sense.

He was all about getting to the hole and dunking, no matter who or how many were in his way. Didn't play a lick of defense...

Otherwise, he was great! :)

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

Man you’re only a few posts into your Boneyard career and I’m already a fan. You must have some great hoops stories, look forward to seeing you around the ‘yard, friend!

Reaction Score

It’s nice to get an idea from somebody who as seen him play a ton - is Greg Wadell (sleeper’s media) podcast on point or over-exuberant in the idea that, with the Hurley bump, Aiden is a potential AA?
It might take two years for him to reach his potential within the system - with a notable production boost after the first 1/2 of a season. Some fans will occasionally be frustrated, post stupid things on this board, etc. but, we’ve been through it before, give it time, and we will see why you have followed him from program to program.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I have very high hopes for this kid. Glad to see you aboard, @AidanFan20!

I asked for AK, McNeeley and Mahaney, I thought he’d be a perfect fit for our culture and guard skills needed. I’m glad he’s bought in and Hurley saw my wish list.

Those quotes from Mahaney on the visit were orgasmic. I can’t wait to get at least 1 year out of him.

Reaction Score
It’s nice to get an idea from somebody who as seen him play a ton - is Greg Wadell (sleeper’s media) podcast on point or over-exuberant in the idea that, with the Hurley bump, Aiden is a potential AA?
It might take two years for him to reach his potential within the system - with a notable production boost after the first 1/2 of a season. Some fans will occasionally be frustrated, post stupid things on this board, etc. but, we’ve been through it before, give it time, and we will see why you have followed him from program to program.
You're gonna refer to the podcast and not post a link?

Reaction Score
Yup... I don't even remember ever signing on to Reddit, but I was able to reply there, (GoCampolindo)

This thing has gotten silly, but it's okay. :)

Back on April 1, I did something I rarely do... On the NorCalPreps forum, where I am a super-frequent poster (as Kiddman32, over 16,000 posts!), I put up an April Fool's joke... I did this:

"In other news, I have placed myself into the transfer portal.

Have heard from: UCLA, Sierra Canyon, Montverde and AZ Compass."

Got lots of funny reactions and replies, but little did I know I'd soon be transferring myself from one college forum to another. :)
I knew it! You are Campolindo on St. Mary’s forum. Just take my word for it-it was my guess. You got some frown face reactions on the St. Mary’s forum when your post you stated Aidan was a great person and always cordial or something to that effect. They wanted you to spew some venom on Aidan like the rest of them were doing.

You are always welcome over here :)

Reaction Score
Close... CampoToGaels.

I have looked at the Aidan-leaving thread without signing on, and, considering their disappointment, I think the "venom" they spewed was very mild; it's a relatively classy forum. If it had been, say, BYU's forum, Utah would have had to shut down the Internet temporarily to keep the wires from burning up.

A number of them even wished me and Aidan well (well, maybe not so much Aidan, but they were far from terrible).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On another note... Does UConn usually sell out their games? Are there ever single-game tix available?

Just considering the extreme longshot possibility of going to a game...

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
On another note... Does UConn usually sell out their games? Are there ever single-game tix available?

Just considering the extreme longshot possibility of going to a game...
Methinks you need to try harder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom