Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged)

Reaction Score
I feel like McNeeley and Stewart should be swapped. You would want the more athletic guy on the wing, no? Also, I would be pretty surprised if Mahaney doesn't start over Ball.
This will most likely be the 8 man rotation, should stretch to 9 or 10 deep early in the season. Expecting a big jump from Ball this season.

AM 32.5 AN
SB 27.5 HD 20
LM 32.5 JR
AK 32.5 JS 15 IA
TR 25 SJ 15 YS

Reaction Score
We are living in a dream. Back-to-back titles, multiple lottery picks, securing top available recruits and transfers, reloading in an instant for a shot at a 3-peat. WTF, Hurley?
Just think 16 months ago we were almost all ready for Hurley to be fired when the wheels fell off on that January stretch.

2 natty’s and a BET latter and he’s the best coach in college basketball! Life is funny like that sometimes

Reaction Score
Kentucky fans are claiming that Trilly was saying on his Discord that UK refused to counter the offer that UConn gave Mahaney in NIL, but I don't sub to Trilly's discord so I'm not sure if it's legit.

It’s unequivocally false btw. Mahaney committed on his visit (per Storrs Central). Trilly said that he only took the UK visit because he wanted to go visit his family in Kentucky on UK’s dime lol. They got embarrassed and this is their made up narrative to try to save face. That screenshot isn’t even trilly, it’s some random UK fan they think has “sources” but he’s been wrong about everything UConn related. Dude also claimed McNeeley was a Kentucky lean when he never even stepped foot on campus.

Here’s the real screenshot because they are purposely trying to frame it as Trilly when it’s not.
IMG_4852.jpeg

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Just think 16 months ago we were almost all ready for Hurley to be fired when the wheels fell off on that January stretch.

2 natty’s and a BET latter and he’s the best coach in college basketball! Life is funny like that sometimes
Hindsight is 20/20.

Reaction Score
Watching UK fans’ handwringing about how NIL and paying players has taken over the game has to be the least self-aware thing I’ve ever seen from a fanbase.

Next we’re gonna see it from Memphis, Kansas, Duke and St. John’s.

Reaction Score
Better, no. Cam played like an old man schooling kids. Mahaney is quicker and more athletic. His upside is high but he isn't automatic from three like Cam and doesn't have that silly good footwork. Not sure I can think of a really good comparison at UConn.
I can’t remember anyone with that silly good footwork. Watched his March highlights earlier today and there are just too many that make you go GYATDAHHM.

Cam is goated.

Reaction Score
Mahaney’s mother, Patsy Mickens, traces that poise to his childhood in Lafayette. As a young kid, Mahaney wasn’t afraid to speak up if he saw someone laughing at his older brother, Noah, who has Down syndrome.

At Campolindo, Mahaney sat with classmates at lunch who had no one else at their table, volunteered for special-needs charities in his free time, and awoke at 5 a.m. every weekday so he could be in the gym by 6. His goal was clear: to join Gary Payton, Jason Kidd and Damian Lillard among the East Bay’s pantheon of great point guards.

Reaction Score
Cam was probably the best 3 point shooter in the country the last 2 years.

But his 2 point game to me is most impressive. That says all you need to know about Cam. Guy could score 20 ppg in his sleep, but values team first.

Reaction Score
Mahaney’s mother, Patsy Mickens, traces that poise to his childhood in Lafayette. As a young kid, Mahaney wasn’t afraid to speak up if he saw someone laughing at his older brother, Noah, who has Down syndrome.

At Campolindo, Mahaney sat with classmates at lunch who had no one else at their table, volunteered for special-needs charities in his free time, and awoke at 5 a.m. every weekday so he could be in the gym by 6. His goal was clear: to join Gary Payton, Jason Kidd and Damian Lillard among the East Bay’s pantheon of great point guards.

Sounds like a great kid. Super excited to see what he will do in our system

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Uh oh. Here we go again. :)
I kinda low-key feel that while the rest of us were watching highlights you were evaluating perspective recruits by whether or not their names would be misspelled by The Boneyard.

(spoiler: they will.)

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
These last couple of years+ just seem like we’ve taken a step to some other level beyond anything we’ve seen before. Just amazing (and so enjoyable)!!!
Agree. It's like out of this world. Hope this continues. It like a masterpiece the way it is put together and functions.

Reaction Score

Only some people were ready for him to be fired. Most of us were supportive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom