Ah Metro north | The Boneyard

Ah Metro north

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Get to NH half hour early. Nowhere to park.

Try West Haven... nowhere to park.

Next stop Fairfield Metro - fine bonus of accident on 95 and bumper to bumper traffic on way.

Good times. Hard to believe live attendance is down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For context left Newington at 1:35 to catch the 2:45. Best case is being on the 3:56!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Makes perfect sense since most spots on weekdays are consumed by commuters.

Now only if MTA extended north to Hartford...

Reaction Score
For context left Newington at 1:35 to catch the 2:45. Best case is being on the 3:56!

I too tried to make the 2:45. No parking. Looped around forever until finding a spot at temple st parking garage. Gonna be fun later walking to my car. Made the 3:25. Tons of UConn fans and plenty of beer on board

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Welcome to the 203, the economic, social, and overall engine of CT. We welcome our 860 hayseed neighbors, as they transverse our lovely gold coast on our shiny monorail.

:)

Of course I have a 203 number. My time on 95 today reminded me why I had to bail. I can't do traffic.

Reaction Score
Can you do that? Is that a real thing?

I had no idea I'll do that forever if that is the case.

Yup... works great when running late @ peak time or when parking is a challenge during holiday season. Saved my lazy a few times. Shhhhh..

Parking Services at Union Station (New Haven, CT) - Park New Haven

>>Union Station offers a convenient Valet Parking service located at the front entrance to the station . This parking option is easy and perfect for the traveler who may be running late. Valet is also offered when the Union Station Garage is full. Those using the Valet service will find their cars awaiting them at the front entrance when they return to Union Station, by simply calling the car retrieval hotline prior to pulling into New Haven. The rate is $25.00 for a full day.<<

I call when leaving Milford (truck all cool/warm and waiting).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tourists.

Best chance to find close parking during a weekday is.....Bridgeport.

Don't say I never gave you anything.

P.s. I assuming you checked the garage across the street from the Union Station Garage, right?

Reaction Score
Bridgeport is not what it used to be. Proof? Largest city in CT but third in deadbeat dads! Hartford is #1. Any thoughts, @Deepster?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yup... works great when running late @ peak time or when parking is a challenge during holiday season. Saved my lazy a few times. Shhhhh..

>>Union Station offers a convenient Valet Parking service located at the front entrance to the station . This parking option is easy and perfect for the traveler who may be running late. Valet is also offered when the Union Station Garage is full. Those using the Valet service will find their cars awaiting them at the front entrance when they return to Union Station, by simply calling the car retrieval hotline prior to pulling into New Haven. The rate is $25.00 for a full day.<<

I owe you the world. I never knew.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tourists.

Best chance to find close parking during a weekday is.....Bridgeport.

Don't say I never gave you anything.

P.s. I assuming you checked the garage across the street from the Union Station Garage, right?

I know where all the parking is in New Haven. Women don't love Temple St.

I lived in walking distance of the FFLD station for years - it's only this valet I had no idea about.

Fairfield Metro seems to be a good parking lot other than the no retail available.

Reaction Score
Get to NH half hour early. Nowhere to park.

Try West Haven... nowhere to park.

Next stop Fairfield Metro - fine bonus of accident on 95 and bumper to bumper traffic on way.

Good times. Hard to believe live attendance is down.
I can usually find parking in the parking garage across the street from the train station.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I know where all the parking is in New Haven. Women don't love Temple St.

I lived in walking distance of the FFLD station for years - it's only this valet I had no idea about.

Fairfield Metro seems to be a good parking lot other than the no retail available.

Park @ State Street commuter lot off of 91 and hoof it

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I went to Stamford and made the 2:25. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the advice everyone

Reaction Score

For future reference. Outdoor parking is only a block and a half away. Far better than going to Temple street.
An additional garage has been held up by politics for years.
Interesting re valet. It is a good option, but no one was there at about 1:00 in the afternoon.
If you are not going or coming at rush hour, Stamford is a much better option. More trains and a new garage about a block away.

Reaction Score
If you are not going or coming at rush hour, Stamford is a much better option.

Not when the New Haven train station is under 7 miles from home!

I know every nook and cranny for parking down there. Valet is always in operation -- last doorway on far right if facing building. They will come out. Never had an issue when I've decided to use it out of necessity. Trust me -- I'm not a tourist or a novice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom