After last night's game it's going to be difficult to determine... | The Boneyard

After last night's game it's going to be difficult to determine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...just who will be joining Breanna Stewart, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, and Moriah Jefferson as All-Americans this year.

BKM.jpg

It's gonna be interesting. Who should it be?

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Certainly not A'ja Wilson...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
...just who will be joining Breanna Stewart, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, and Moriah Jefferson as All-Americans this year.

View attachment 8444

It's gonna be interesting. Who should it be?

Java,
Sadly I don't think all 3 huskies make first Team All-American.
I would vote for:
1st Team (C) Amanda Zahui-Min (F) Breanna Stewart-UCONN (F) Nina Davis-Bay (G) Jewell Lloyd-ND (G) Tiffany Mitchell-USC
2nd Team (C) Williams-Duke (F) Harrison-TEN (F) Mosqueda-Lewis- UCONN (G) Jefferson-UCONN, (G) Theriot-NEB
3rd Team (C) Bulgak- FSU (F) Tuck -UCONN (F) Bailey-BYU, (G) Plum-WAS, (G) Orrange-STAN
1st Team All Freshmen: (F) Turner-ND, (F) Acura Stevens-Duke, (F) Wilson- US, (G) Mitchell-OSU, (G) Nurse-UCONN
Honorable mentions: Laney-RUT, Lang-TX, Burdick-TEN, Coates-USC, ………………

Reaction Score
Java,
I would vote for:
1st Team (C) Amanda Zahui-Min (F) Breanna Stewart-UCONN (F) Nina Davis-Bay (G) Jewell Lloyd-ND (G) Tiffany Mitchell-USC
2nd Team (C) Williams-Duke (F) Harrison-TEN (F) Mosqueda-Lewis- UCONN (G) Jefferson-UCONN, (G) Theriot-NEB
3rd Team (C) Bulgak- FSU (F) Tuck -UCONN (F) Bailey-BYU, (G) Plum-WAS, (G) Orrange-STAN
1st Team All Freshmen: (F) Turner-ND, (F) Acura Stevens-Duke, (F) Wilson- US, (G) Mitchell-OSU, (G) Nurse-UCONN
Fair enough.

But, how would it look if the #1 pick in the draft (Kaleena) isn't even selected as an AA?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Q:But, how would it look if the #1 pick in the draft (Kaleena) isn't even selected as an AA?
A: Like this is a really weak draft class. Nothing against KML but it might not be a bad year to trade out of #1 pick.

I was going to add a bunch of note anticipating agruments ie., " KML is better than Nina Davis" but that would be too complicated.

Reaction Score
Fair enough.

But, how would it look if the #1 pick in the draft (Kaleena) isn't even selected as an AA?

Dont think KML gets #1. I love KML. If we had archives back that far, I believe you'd see that I was first the person to push her for AA in her frosh year. But she has some trouble on defense against guards. I can see Harrison going #1.

Reaction Score
Also from John Altavilla:

"Imagine you are a voter for The Associated Press All-American team. You are presented a list of candidates and understand how irresponsible and unfair it would be to simply put four UConn starters on the team, although their talent certainly merits it. So what do you do? Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson – who stays, who goes? Watching them play against the nation's No. 1 team on Monday just clouded the issue even more."

[LINK] to article

Reaction Score
Java,
I would vote for:
I like your list, but I'd swap Theriot and Plum.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would/couldn't argue too strongly against that.

Reaction Score
GIven that I don't pay much attention to the other teams, I rarely weigh in on these threads, though I find them interesting. Seems to me it would be hard to leave our Gabby Williams off a Frosh team; her per minute production must be incredible and she makes tremendous contributions almost every time she gets enough minutes to warm up.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
GIven that I don't pay much attention to the other teams, I rarely weigh in on these threads, though I find them interesting. Seems to me it would be hard to leave our Gabby Williams off a Frosh team; her per minute production must be incredible and she makes tremendous contributions almost every time she gets enough minutes to warm up.
Winlots,
fiar point-Gabby deserves consideration for Frosh team. But who would you take off this list? 3 (Nurse, Stevens,Turner) of the 5 are starters on teams ranked in the Top 10 (ND, Duke, UCONN). One of the other ( Wilson) is the 2nd leading scorer on team that WAS ranked # 1 and many people believe she should be starting. The other (Mitchell) is leading the nation in scoring.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Java,
I would vote for:
You are looking at AP though. WBCA will get them up on the wall and they pick 10. UCONN put 3 on there last year. They have a good chance to again this year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are looking at AP though. WBCA will get them up on the wall and they pick 10. UCONN put 3 on there last year. They have a good chance to again this year.
Excellent point. By WBCA standards KML and Breanna are already on the wall. Moriah should make it this year and Morgan has an outside shot.

Reaction Score
Winlots,
fiar point-Gabby deserves consideration for Frosh team. But who would you take off this list? 3 (Nurse, Stevens,Turner) of the 5 are starters on teams ranked in the Top 10 (ND, Duke, UCONN). One of the other ( Wilson) is the 2nd leading scorer on team that WAS ranked # 1 and many people believe she should be starting. The other (Mitchell) is leading the nation in scoring.

COCO: Fair point as well, and as noted I don't pay enough attention to the other teams' players to form much of an opinion. I will say, however, that if I was putting together my own team of frosh right now, I would pick Williams over Nurse, despite the many fine games and attributes Nurse has already delivered for us. Perhaps that would indicate I should pick Nurse over the others you mention? The fact that a couple of them start on Top 10 teams, in and off itself, doesn't blow me away; perhaps Williams could start on some of the same?

Reaction Score
Excellent point. By WBCA standards KML and Breanna are already on the wall. Moriah should make it this year and Morgan has an outside shot.
True, and Morgan has two more years ...well, maybe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom