Adopt a Team | The Boneyard

Adopt a Team

Reaction Score
Since the life is sucked out of every college football season thanks to perpetual ineptitude, we should adopt a brother program to keep us entertained. To avoid controversy, our adopted team must be a non-P5 that has shot of a 1 loss season and possible playoff invite. What you think? The constant dumpster fire is just beyond depressing.

Who do you have in mind?

Reaction Score
My son saw the last time we played score and just about fell out of his seat / couldn’t believe it…that, once upon a time, we killed Duke. Is it too much to ask for 7-8 win seasons again. Anyway, I digress. I’m going to root for my other alma mater, Wyoming…but think Fresno St could run the table.

Reaction Score
Rutgers

The inevitable will happen. As soon as we adopt a program it will be next in line for a move up to a power conference. It's a lose-lose for us UConn fans. Let's just be gluttons for punishment and get on the Georgia State bandwagon.

Reaction Score
Rutgers

The inevitable will happen. As soon as we adopt a program it will be next in line for a move up to a power conference. It's a lose-lose for us UConn fans. Let's just be gluttons for punishment and get on the Georgia State bandwagon.
Ga St is 4-0, and seems like they’ve expected it.

Reaction Score
Ga St is 4-0, and seems like they’ve expected it.

They've got a pretty rough schedule the rest of the way - Troy (2-2), Marshall (3-0 with wins over VA Tech & ECU), Louisiana (3-1 with a 7 point loss to ODU), Georgia Southern (3-1 with a loss to Wisconsin), James Madison (4-0; home game); Appalachian State (2-2, but losses to UNC and Wyoming; also a home game), LSU (ranked 13 currently) and ODU (2-2 with losses to Va Tech & Wake Forest). Might be tough to split those eight games, but they'd finish 8-4 if they do. We'll have a pretty good idea this weekend when they play Troy, whose losses are to #15 Kansas State and JMU (by 2).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Since the life is sucked out of every college football season thanks to perpetual ineptitude, we should adopt a brother program to keep us entertained. To avoid controversy, our adopted team must be a non-P5 that has shot of a 1 loss season and possible playoff invite. What you think? The constant dumpster fire is just beyond depressing.

Who do you have in mind?
Wtf?

Reaction Score
Washing State. They are only power 5 for one more year. Win the PAC and make the playoffs. Let’s go Cougs!!!’

Reaction Score
Georgia State seems like a winner. Washington State, JMU, Fresno, and Utah state are 4-0.

Reaction Score

Who do you have in mind?
I love Liberty University's program. I used to be a stony brook fan back in 2010's when they were in the big south conference, and that was where i discovered little liberty down in VA. watched them rise from small time FCS up through FBS independence, and now in C-USA. They are doing it right, and are putting unreal amounts of money into their program. new stadium, new facilities, excellent coaches (turner gill - hugh freeze - jamey chadwell). The national scene doesn't care for them yet, but they're on a mission to reach the P4 and it's getting hard to ignore them. They've beaten Virginia Tech, BYU, and Arkansas in the last 3 years, among other notable programs.

QB malik willis (transferred from Auburn --> Tennessee Titans) lit it up during covid 2020 year, which was when i started following them hard, as UConn skipped the year. and don't look now, but the flames are 4-0 and LIGHTING UP the scoreboard. IMO they will not be in C-USA long, before the AAC comes knocking. And as we know, the AAC is the final stop before the big stage.

i give them about 5 years to reach a big-time new years bowl, and 8-10 years till a power 4 invite comes (B12 or ACC). they're spending the money and getting the results to show for it, consistently.

Last edited:

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I'm gonna adopt my favorite American Football team in Rio de Janeiro- The Vasco da Gama Almirantes (Admirals)!
almirantes.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom