Adams out of starting lineup | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Adams out of starting lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We really don't know a lot. But it is pretty clear that around half-time of the Temple game he :went off on coahes and at least 1 teammate.
Thanks. How do we know this?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Gossip.

Obviously something did happen. Whether it was basketball related or off court related, we don't know.

It happened in the middle of a game and Ollie said there were basketball reasons for his sitting out. We don't know what happened but it is more than gossip and it would be really unlikely to be an off-court problem.

Anyway, despite the conspiracy theories, it is obvious Ollie doesn't want it to be made public. And I'm very comfortable trusting the coach that it is for the best that way. And I no reason to doubt Ollie's judgement.

Reaction Score
It happened in the middle of a game and Ollie said there were basketball reasons for his sitting out. We don't know what happened but it is more than gossip and it would be really unlikely to be an off-court problem.

Anyway, despite the conspiracy theories, it is obvious Ollie doesn't want it to be made public. And I'm very comfortable trusting the coach that it is for the best that way. And I no reason to doubt Ollie's judgement.
So you're admitting you have no clue what actually happened yet you are okay with calling him selfish. Sorry but you guys are being ridiculous calling the kid selfish.

Reaction Score
Quote from David Borges of the New Haven Register, "Adams didn’t start for just the second time in the past eight games. Ollie wouldn’t say if it was still a disciplinary measure for an outburst the freshman guard had at halftime of the Temple game."

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Ollie's pushing buttons, I have no problem with that

I'm seeing some outward fire in his belly, I like it. Now if he'll only yank somebody 10 seconds in after taking a bad shot, I think he got it

go get them KO

PS: figure out how to get a bunny when we need one, OK?

Go Huskies

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
So you're admitting you have no clue what actually happened yet you are okay with calling him selfish. Sorry but you guys are being ridiculous calling the kid selfish.

No. I have huge clues as to the type of thing that happened. I don't know specifically what happened. If you believe Adams had the greater maturity and truth when he went off on his team, then fine. I think that is doubtful and what he did was being an immature teen. I'll go with Ollie's maturity over Adams'.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
No. I have huge clues as to the type of thing that happened. I don't know specifically what happened. If you believe Adams had the greater maturity and truth when he went off on his team, then fine. I think that is doubtful and what he did was being an immature teen. I'll go with Ollie's maturity over Adams'.
Okay calling Adams immature is one thing. But calling him selfish for wanting to win is different. I'd say he is far from selfish.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Because you know the incident was Adams saying he wants to win and the other people saying they wanted to lose. Right!

Reaction Score
Ollie stated publicly he holds his PG's to highest level of all players. It seems to make sense that he was being tougher on J. A. than other players for similar lapses on the court. JA's just freshman and it seems natural he might react strongly when he sees his peers being treated differently. i'm not prepared to call this anything more than a freshman learning the importance the coach places in his PGs, and unlike Sterling, Ollie knows JA can be a special player here and beyond with proper guidance.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Because you know the incident was Adams saying he wants to win and the other people saying they wanted to lose. Right!
Of course the conversation doesn't go like that. I'm sure he was saying that they should do something that would help them win and didn't come across how he should. I still don't see how that's selfish. Only situation where'd he be "selfish" is if he was saying get him the ball more to shoot. But since he's a pass first PG I can't see him seeing that.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Making a mistake and blaming others is selfish.
I'm not about to sit here and call the only real leader on the team selfish. That's crazy. Also who said he was blaming others for his mistake?? Don't make things up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not about to sit here and call the only real leader on the team selfish. That's crazy. Also who said he was blaming others for his mistake?? Don't make things up.
I don't think you watch the games.

Reaction Score
I don't think you watch the games.

He does watch them I can tell. He's a kid, he reacts to things. Hell maybe he was right when he looked at a player and seemingly said "where were you? " or whatever? We don't know. He's not the only one who reacts that way on this team, DHam did it last game, AB did a lot last game and he's usually wrong I'm guessing and Purvis has too. Are they all selfish? No

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

He's a good player, and hopefully will be great, but he's not a leader. Not yet. He merely has the skill to play a role that this team lacks otherwise.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He's a good player, and hopefully will be great, but he's not a leader. Not yet. He merely has the skill to play a role that this team lacks otherwise.
I think he has all the leadership qualities, he's just not mature enough yet to be the best leader he can be for the team. Which is why I think it's crazy to call him selfish rather than just immature. I can't wait for the day he is ready though and he gets a jumpshot. We're going to be looking at a NPOY and someone who can lead us in the tournament and won't let us lose.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think he has all the leadership qualities, he's just not mature enough yet to be the best leader he can be for the team. Which is why I think it's crazy to call him selfish rather than just immature.

I absolutely agree with that. Which is why I said, "Not Yet". Though, I think your definition of immaturity is too narrow; immaturity and selfishness are not mutually exclusive. In fact, immaturity by it's very nature is inherently selfish. Young immature people, lacking perspective and not thinking about who is affected by their actions, are by definition being selfish.

Reaction Score
I think he has all the leadership qualities, he's just not mature enough yet to be the best leader he can be for the team. Which is why I think it's crazy to call him selfish rather than just immature. I can't wait for the day he is ready though and he gets a jumpshot. We're going to be looking at a NPOY and someone who can lead us in the tournament and won't let us lose.

He is not yet ready to "lead" as of now but he can lead this team to good things just by his ability to do things out there at the point. Being the guy they look up to and listen to isn't there but that's the future for now we need him to compete and make the plays the others fall short. That eventually is being a "leader" but he needs to do it consistently to become that guy!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Of course the conversation doesn't go like that. I'm sure he was saying that they should do something that would help them win and didn't come across how he should. I still don't see how that's selfish. Only situation where'd he be "selfish" is if he was saying get him the ball more to shoot. But since he's a pass first PG I can't see him seeing that.

But you are assuming this situation, based on what? And even if he did have a perceived solution, who is he to scream at the coach(es)? Immature behavior.

Reaction Score
But you are assuming this situation, based on what? And even if he did have a perceived solution, who is he to scream at the coach(es)? Immature behavior.

Immature yes no doubter there, but not "selfish" I doubt. Again, can't be sure but I don't think it was him worrying about himself, maybe the pressure of being blamed for a play that potentially he and the other guard on the other side miscommunicated? We all need the whole story to even assume anything at all.

Whatever it is I hope he gets on the same page with his teammates and more importantly the staff so we can have our best players (and a good kid) on the floor.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I would be happy to drop the selfish. I didn't use it originally but got caught up in responding to someone responding. I really just mean that I trust KO wasn't victimizing the kid. I also don't believe that KO has a really toxic doghouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom