Adamec with Geno's comments on the signees | The Boneyard

Adamec with Geno's comments on the signees

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“Katie Lou is a big guard that can score and can play inside and outside, which is perfect because we’re going to lose Kaleena,” Auriemma said. “We’re going to need a big guard that can shoot it and play more than one position maybe.

“Napheesa is really active and can hopefully be a Morgan Tuck-type of player. Maybe she’s a little longer than Morgan is. And De’Janae is kind of different. She’s subtle. Her game is more subtle — an offensive rebound here, a good pass here, a little jump shot here, a drive to the basket here …

“We’re thrilled to have them.”

LINK

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I thought Boykin was signing Friday???

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
'We think we really did what not a lot of schools were able to do. We added not just some size, but some athletic ability, some ability to make 3-pointers, score in the lane, and help us defensively. You look around the country and there’s just not a lot of 6-2, 6-3 kids that can perform at that level.”

Advice from Kaleena:

“Secondly, I would tell (them) you have to take all the crap before you get to the good part. Ride it out, freshman year is not easy. Maybe your sophomore year isn’t either but it gets better. Everybody has their bumps and bruises along the way. I see it now with our freshmen and how they’re struggling … ‘Practice is so hard. I’ve never been through anything like this. I don’t know why they’re yelling at me so much.’ We look at them and it’s not funny but it is funny. I remember how me and Kiah were when we were freshmen. It’s so much better now that you realize why he’s yelling at you and how much you can gain from it.”

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Can't wait for these three to suit up. It's going to be a whole lot of fun!

Reaction Score
‘Practice is so hard. I’ve never been through anything like this. I don’t know why they’re yelling at me so much.’ We look at them and it’s not funny but it is funny. I remember how me and Kiah were when we were freshmen. It’s so much better now that you realize why he’s yelling at you and how much you can gain from it.”

Looks like the Freshmen get little sympathy. The Vets know the payoff. So cool. :cool:

Reaction Score
Advice from Kaleena:

“Secondly, I would tell (them) you have to take all the crap before you get to the good part. Ride it out, freshman year is not easy. Maybe your sophomore year isn’t either but it gets better. Everybody has their bumps and bruises along the way. I see it now with our freshmen and how they’re struggling … ‘Practice is so hard. I’ve never been through anything like this. I don’t know why they’re yelling at me so much.’ We look at them and it’s not funny but it is funny. I remember how me and Kiah were when we were freshmen. It’s so much better now that you realize why he’s yelling at you and how much you can gain from it.”[/QUOTE]
This is what Rebecca has said, too. I wonder if she told Kaleena.

Reaction Score
USA_U18_3x3_team_2014.jpg
Katie Lou, Napheesa, DeJanae, (and another player ;))

Reaction Score
If they can play hoops to match their beauty, we are in great shape.........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Collier ranked number 7 and the severely underrated.

The other outlets have her a bit higher. She's 3rd at ASGR, 4th at both Prospects Nation and Blue Star.

Reaction Score
While there is versatility with some of the new crew, I think for the most part, Butler is obviously a 5, Boykin will see a lot of 4, Collier appears to have excellent 3 skills and KLS could be a very versatile 2 guard.

Interchangeability is a great thing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When the great Maya Moore left, Geno joked that it would take 6 players to replace her. Well, the kid from Mater Dei who had the audacity to wear #23 was the best possible recruit to fill the huge void created by Maya's departure. Kaleena is leaving altogether too soon. I think she's been overlooked and underrated since Stewie showed up, but Kaleena will leave as the #2 or 3 career scorer, a 2-time AA, and 3-time NCAA champion. The best player to come in when Kaleena leaves? None other than the latest Mater Dei sharpshooter and #1 recruit, Katie Lou Samuelson. Nice recruiting by Geno--Maya, Kaleena, and Lou. Damn! That's about 8,000 career points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom